So I finally decided to download and install BB Link on my computer so I could sync my music and movies from iTunes to my Z10. I connected my BB to the computer without issue but once I figured out how to actually sync/copy the files from my computer to my phone (which was kinda annoying) I noticed that most of the albums no longer had their cover art. Now I know this is not a big deal but I have a bit of OCD when it comes to things like this and I spent a lot of time finding and setting up my iTunes so that every album had it's proper cover art. For me personally I just find it easier to find what I'm looking for with the picture and its just annoying me that a few albums will sync and still have the cover art but the majority of the albums just show up with that bluish musical note symbol. Basically my Music folder is just one big blue musical note. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so have you found a solution? Again, I know it's not one of the more troubling issue the Z10 has at the moment but it's a pain none the less.

As an aside, I also noticed that my Movies in iTunes were not available within the BB Link to sync with my phone. I can only assume I will have to manually copy these to my phones Video folder which is again is rather annoying. You would think if you choose at launch to sync with your iTunes it would sync everything not just music.

I appreciate any help on this most important topic.

Cheers
    J
    02-13-13 09:08 AM
    Your Music on the phone should pick up album art on its own, though there may be a little lag.

Movies purchased from iTunes won't work on any devices but Apple's own; they're all protected by DRM.
    02-13-13 09:14 AM
    Thanks for your response Thunder. I figured as much with the Movies, even though I purchased the BluRay and it came with the free download. I guess that's Apple/iTunes for ya. As for the auto sync, that is what I thought would happen as well but I transferred the music yesterday and sill no cover art. Maybe I'm not being patient enough.

Cheers
    J
    02-13-13 10:02 AM
    Yeah the Album Art thing is annoying.
    I completed my Itunes Synch yesterday and today my BB10 shows the Arcade Fire album cover for:
    Arcade Fire
    Foster the People
    Snow Patrol and Unknown
    :-)
    02-13-13 10:56 AM
    How do I change storage from Device to Media Card on my new BB 10 ?
    02-13-13 12:54 PM
    there are several free and paid programs to add the cover art back in. I use Shaken - works great.
    02-25-13 10:32 AM
    there are several free and paid programs to add the cover art back in. I use Shaken - works great.
    On the Z10 or on your computer?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 11:25 AM
    It is for the computer. Thanks to the good folks at Stanford University. Shaken, not stirred

To be clear download the program. connect the Z10 and run the program.
    02-25-13 11:35 AM
    Thanks i will have to because I need to get my artwork into my Z10!! I hate the ITunes uses a different method than all other companies as my I tunes library has all art work!!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 11:38 AM
    Take your time and go through the matching slowly - especially the yellows. But please return and let me know how things worked for you. I'd hate to keep reccomending a program that doesn't work well for others.
    02-25-13 11:42 AM