My smart phone doesn't have anything to do with my job, so I will likely never use Balance in my life, but I am curious about one thing.... how do you handle personal messages when you are doing stuff in your work "phone"? Like say you're writing emails or doing some other corporate stuff and one of your personal contacts sends you a text, do you then have to switch back and forth between work and personal to have a conversation with this contact or is there something more elegant?

Hopefully this makes sense.
    04-26-14 07:55 PM
    My smart phone doesn't have anything to do with my job, so I will likely never use Balance in my life, but I am curious about one thing.... how do you handle personal messages when you are doing stuff in your work "phone"? Like say you're writing emails or doing some other corporate stuff and one of your personal contacts sends you a text, do you then have to switch back and forth between work and personal to have a conversation with this contact or is there something more elegant?

Hopefully this makes sense.
    Depends on how the policies are setup.
    04-26-14 08:09 PM
    Well... unless your BES 10 policies restrict you from seeing work and personal email in the Hub, then it will be like looking at two email accounts in the Hub w/o Balance.

If I remember correctly from when I had Balance set up on my phone and briefly tested the undesirable policy separation, you still could see new email notifications but you had to switch between personal and work spaces.

To my knowledge there is no good reason to forcibly block work email from showing up in the Hub except for some security person's perception that it is more secure.

You should ask this question in the BES forum though, or better yet hopefully a moderator will move it for you.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-28-14 09:59 PM
    My employers Balance is setup with both work and personal emails fully integrated in the Hub. When the workside locked, work emails, contacts, and calendar dates disappeared.

On the workside, you gave access to a employer approved BlackBerry World. I can access our company intranet through the workside web browser.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141/Telus
    04-28-14 10:47 PM
    Sign up for the BES10 Cloud Market Preview. It's free, you have nothing to lose. So long as you read through the documentation, you should have no problems getting Balance up and running. I have split and unified IT policies which I have been applying to friends and family, all of whom prefer the split mailbox approach. I have intentionally crashed and burned: Intentional device resets during activation, intentional device resets during work space deletion. Changed account variables in the middle of activation leaving me with two apparent work spaces (neither was accessible). Pushed two CA certs with the same name leaving all user certs invalid. Deleted and activated work spaces on a single device a dozen times. Most all issues can be elegantly resolved, though I had to deinstall/reinstall the Hub once to fix an issue. Bottom line: Answer your own question with the Market Preview.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    04-28-14 11:11 PM