Does the new updates come with the QNXAppLauncher? i dont seem to have Runtime for andriod installed as an app
    03-25-14 07:11 PM
    The runtime is not an app and neither is the QNXAppLauncher
    03-25-14 07:23 PM
    so how would i go about deleting them? it appears the z10 is actually running off the andriod
    03-25-14 07:29 PM
    They're core components to the BB10 sideloading capabilities to run android apps. BB10 itself is not android. Search around, you'll find your answer
    FrankIAm likes this.
    03-25-14 07:31 PM
    They're core components to the BB10 sideloading capabilities to run android apps. BB10 itself is not android. Search around, you'll find your answer
    Waaay too patient, man. Kudos.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    pttptppt and Djlatino like this.
    03-25-14 07:33 PM
    It doesnt appear anywhere, its hidden and it seems the only way to remove it is to root it and delete it. I only came across it sideloading ICE. Is it possible the internals may have been switched? It appears with all apps runing on my blackberry. ive been looking into this all day.. I could swear its running off the andriod platform.
    03-25-14 07:42 PM
    Just curious, why do you want to delete it?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:50 PM
    ive noticed an increase in my bills since it appeared. not sure how it appeared either
    03-25-14 07:59 PM
    ive noticed an increase in my bills since it appeared. not sure how it appeared either
    Pretty sure it has nothing to do with your bill increase.

And I can also assure you that they haven't 'just appeared', they've been there since day one

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:54 PM
    Pretty sure it has nothing to do with your bill increase.

And I can also assure you that they haven't 'just appeared', they've been there since day one

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. It's only "appeared" because loading an Android launcher gives one the choice of what to launch with QNX App Launcher (default) or whichever one you put on. Normally one doesn't have the choice, because normally one only has just the stock launcher on their device.
    03-25-14 11:28 PM
    Exactly. It's only "appeared" because loading an Android launcher gives one the choice of what to launch with QNX App Launcher (default) or whichever one you put on. Normally one doesn't have the choice, because normally one only has just the stock launcher on their device.
    Just like Thurask said, and if Thurask says something, than you know that's true!

Edit: To add to this, if you delete whatever android laucher who've installed, you'll see that running the same android apps won't give you the choice between qnxapplaucher and X android launcher. It'll just open, but if you re-install another android launcher, then it'll give you a choice between the two. so rest assured that the qnxlauncher has nothing to do with your bill increase. I guess your bill increase has to do with data overusage, so check if a newly downloaded android app isn't running in the backround, or if you''re not simply using more data yourself. You can always go into "Device Monitor" and look what app is consuming data. Hope that helps. and if you're still wondering, there's no way to delete the QNXlauncher.
    03-26-14 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD