As I sit here and read the stories from yesterday, and wonder about the future of Blackberry.

I wonder if they will go more the way of Google, and allow BB10 to be installed on other hardware. Yet, Blackberry will provide the content and security that we have become used to.

My ultimate guess is they get bought out by a company like Lenovo.
    06-29-13 10:01 AM
    As I sit here and read the stories from yesterday, and wonder about the future of Blackberry.

I wonder if they will go more the way of Google, and allow BB10 to be installed on other hardware. Yet, Blackberry will provide the content and security that we have become used to.

My ultimate guess is they get bought out by a company like Lenovo.
    That's what the analyst misek believes. BlackBerry's future is software not hardware. I also believe that's a viable option.
    06-29-13 10:03 AM
    That's what the analyst misek believes. BlackBerry's future is software not hardware. I also believe that's a viable option.
    Just imagine BB10 running on hardware like the Samsung S4... That would be a powerhouse.
    06-29-13 10:05 AM
    That is an option that many have thought might happen. Just have to see
    06-29-13 10:08 AM
    Just imagine BB10 running on hardware like the Samsung S4... That would be a powerhouse.
    Exactly. They can license their OS to any hardware manufacturer. Now we have BB Secure that can run on Android and Iphones. The war is not over.
    06-29-13 12:37 PM
    How do you expect BB10 to be secure running on top of a boot system as easily hacked as that used for Android? As Microsoft has finally realised with WP8, to have a secure device it must be secure all the way from boot to application. Of course BlackBerry recognized this years ago.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    06-29-13 01:06 PM
    I hope not.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 02:30 PM
    Maybe it's just me, but I would think it would be the other way around.
    Bring Android over to BlackBerry 10 phones. I have never held a better phone then the Q10. Second to that is the Z!
    Both phones feel comfortable and reliable. I have held many phones, as I am sure others have, it's a way of life now. 9/10 of the others I feel like I could break if I tried to pinch and zoom.
    I am not saying BlackBerry 10 isn't a OS worth expanding. I just feel like the hardware should also be given some credit here.

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    06-29-13 10:44 PM