Read posts some time ago claiming that the Q10 is the best phone BlackBerry ever made, at least in its BB10 os. And Phonearena.com gives the Q10 higher marks than the Classic, which is surprising.

Have always used/preferred virtual keyboard phones such as the Z10 and Z30, but am now considering a switch to a keyboard phone. Which of the three phones in the subject heading is the best all round phone, and why? Obviously there is no absolute answer, but it would be useful to hear about the experiences of readers who have used at least two of the three. Thanks in advance.

[Almost purchased a Passport SE but they sold out moments before I could order... Now stepping back and looking at it fresh.]

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 06:39 PM
    So... I was in your shoes just a few weeks ago. I ended up with the Q10 for the following reasons:

1. I missed out on the Passport sale.
    2. I struggled to find a good deal on a new Classic.
    3. I stumbled upon a good deal on a new Q10 (unlocked).

When I was forced to look for something other than a Passport or Classic, I really started to investigate. The Q10 really stood out... and now that I have it... I can say that it is one heck of a device.
    BBHermes and lasoiveille like this.
    02-03-17 07:03 PM
    Kind of depends. The passport is probably my favorite device but I also really enjoyed the one handed ability of the classic.

What are you looking for in a phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 09:01 PM
    I second meattray's message. I love the passport, but it's not a one handed device. The classic and q10 both provide the one handed use, the Classic provides even more with the toolbelt and track pad.

If you prefer to type your messages out two handed, the passport is incredible, and you get used to the 3 row keyboard significantly faster than you'd expect.
    meattray likes this.
    02-03-17 09:31 PM
    Kind of depends. The passport is probably my favorite device but I also really enjoyed the one handed ability of the classic.

What are you looking for in a phone?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. To answer your question, just an efficient, enjoyable user experience with an advanced kbd bb10 device. Doubtless each of the three phones provide that in one way or other... So right now just want to compare experiences, learn from them, and refine what it is that I'm looking for.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 09:52 PM
    Passport is definitely faster. I notice it the most in the browser and just little thing. It is, however, a two handed device.

I probably prefer the classic keyboard the best but is a touch slower.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-17 09:56 PM
    Have all three and for what I do and need I use my Classic every day.

I power up the others to download the updates and make sure they all are set up with the same apps.

In time I have found the Passport too big ( yes at one time I truly loved the Passport and still adore the three I still have ) I also think the KB is a bit too soft I feel I'm faster on the Classic.

As for the Q10 which I've used the longest I thought there could never be a better BlackBerry and that's coming from the 9900.

Ironically I took a chance and purchased the Classic here in the Marketplace just to add to my BlackBerry collect and now use it daily.

I personally think the KB is better than the Passport and Q10 because of its feel and response, the Classic size is sort of a best of both worlds to me not as small as the Q10 and not as big as the Passport.

I have the Playstore on every last one so apps between the three have never been an issue.

This is all subjective of course, after finding a IMAK brown leather case with credit cards holder that frees up my need to carry a wallet and allow me to carry the phone in any pocket, I never looked back.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    BBHermes and iled like this.
    02-03-17 10:27 PM
    The Q10 is good because you can still buy inexpensive batteries for it. The Passport is the perfect handy size when you need to share visual info with someone, for example looking for a paint color or a part in a hardware store or asking how to fix something, or showing your barber/stylist how you want your hair cut, etc.
    BBHermes likes this.
    02-04-17 08:21 AM
    To be honest they're all great devices with their own perks. I love the passport for*the speed, the*screen is*unbelievable for e-mails and documents. I spend a big portion of my day ripping through e-mails and if I'm away from my office it's nice to be able to see an entire e-mail on the screen without having to scroll back and forth.

The Classic really was a device that I just couldn't put down though. Maybe it was nostalgic or*just the way it fits in your hand but it was a great device to carry on a daily basis. Nice and small so that it fits perfectly with whatever you're carrying. Easy*one handed use, great keyboard, excellent sound quality.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either device and would be more a personal preference as to what size and budget you're looking to spend. *
    BBHermes likes this.
    02-04-17 09:32 AM
    Passport is the daddy and the best option unless you must have a device that can be used one handed. The q10 is the most pocketable and having a removable battery is awesome. The classic doesn't have a removable battery but makes up for it with better battery life and more usable screen. That toolbelt is also important if your coming from an old os7 device to make the switch easier. That is all you need to know
    02-04-17 11:31 AM
    Question: Do any of the Classic or Passport users miss having a removable battery like the Q10? If not, why not?

Thank you to all participants in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 11:32 AM
    For the passport, no. I've never once had an issue getting through a full day and I'm an extremely heavy user.

Even with the classic haven't had much of an issue but it wouldn't hurt I guess.

But no, haven't really had a need.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 11:37 AM
    If I was having a heavy day on the classic I might need a top-up in the day but never had to worry with the passport. The classic still lasts about 20-25% longer than a q10 anyway so it should be fine. I'd say you'll need the extra batteries with the q10 or at least a top-up in the day to keep you going
    02-04-17 11:42 AM
    How long, over months and years, before these non-removable batteries in the Classic and the Passport begin to quickly lose their charge? For example, my Z10 battery needs replacement and a Q10 purchased for a family member has already been replaced after two years... So how long are these non-removables designed to last?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 12:06 PM
    I'm not sure if there's really a definitive answer for that. For example, I just made a trade for a passport SE with Bmercer on here and he says he had been using since purchased as daily driver. I checked the battery health on it and it says 100%. *Now is that 100% legit? Not really sure but I think they'll generally last if taken care of.
    02-04-17 12:13 PM
    I'm not sure if there's really a definitive answer for that. For example, I just made a trade for a passport SE with Bmercer on here and he says he had been using since purchased as daily driver. I checked the battery health on it and it says 100%. *Now is that 100% legit? Not really sure but I think they'll generally last if taken care of.
    Question: What app do you use to check battery health or capacity?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 12:34 PM
    The bbve app from blackberry will show the health in a green or different color if there's issues.

I've used battery and system analyzer - basa

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 12:45 PM
    The bbve app from blackberry will show the health in a green or different color if there's issues.

I've used battery and system analyzer - basa

Posted via CB10
    I'll second BASA as a great battery app.
    02-04-17 01:01 PM
    The Q10 was beautiful but the display was too small, so I brought a Z10 instead in 2013. I was willing to wait for a larger display with the next Q series and BlackBerry came out with the OG Passport, then the Classic. But the Classic is running a similar OS spec'd for the Q10, but using a traditional BlackBerry Form-factor. But the Passport was given an upgraded Processor and larger battery and non-traditional Form-factor.
    But looking at the smart phones coming to the market today, their Form-factor are becoming more and more for two handed use,with a larger display. Making the Passport relatively pocket size and the best of both worlds.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    BBHermes likes this.
    02-04-17 02:39 PM
    I second meattray's message. I love the passport, but it's not a one handed device. The classic and q10 both provide the one handed use, the Classic provides even more with the toolbelt and track pad.

If you prefer to type your messages out two handed, the passport is incredible, and you get used to the 3 row keyboard significantly faster than you'd expect.
    I have very small hands but I have no problem using the Passport one-handed. Only typing is a bit more comfortable two-handed, but still doable one-handed for quick replies or typing search terms in the browser.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    02-04-17 03:58 PM
    I have all three, Q10 gets the simcard, just bought another brand new one. Size is THE big plus, even though the Classic is also wonderful. While I love the Passport, I don't love it as a phone.

I also love the removeable battery, great power, nice speakers, and it even has the separate micro hdmi. It really is just the best phone ever made anywhere.
    BBHermes likes this.
    02-04-17 07:21 PM
    I have all three, Q10 gets the simcard, just bought another brand new one. Size is THE big plus, even though the Classic is also wonderful. While I love the Passport, I don't love it as a phone.

I also love the removeable battery, great power, nice speakers, and it even has the separate micro hdmi. It really is just the best phone ever made anywhere.
    Interesting... What makes you like the Q10 over the Classic, aside from the removable battery?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 07:36 PM
    I used a Q10 as my daily driver for 2 1/2 years and bought a new-in-box Classic that AT&T dumped. The Classic pretty much improved what I wanted improved with the Q. The LCD is readable in sunlight, the extra size hits the spot, the nano sim can be easily put into modern phones, the battery life is fantastic, no more reboots when the phone is bumped, the trackpad, and so far no more double-typing. Oh, and the camera is better controlled with Camera++ than it was on the Q.
    The Classic is also probably one of the last phones made with physical call answer and hangup buttons. Altogether, a nice BB10 experience.
    Sairos and BBHermes like this.
    02-04-17 08:03 PM
    Question: Do any of the Classic or Passport users miss having a removable battery like the Q10? If not, why not?

Posted via CB10
    I don't miss having a removable battery, one less thing to carry and forget. My days fluctuate from 9hr to 12 hr days 6 days a week starting at 9 am.

Since using the Classic I've never had a panic moment where I've needed to charge asap.

With the Q10 I had to carry an extra battery and always kept a changer at work and the car.

The Passports I have I do remember having the battery saver many times go into power down mode.

With all the BlackBerry phones I've had my day starts with 15-20 calls and emails sending photos and scanned documents and numerous personal and business text. Internet surfing business apps personal apps Garmin Fitness app Box and Dropbox background syncs.

Two BBM groups Bayit camera app to check on the house and dogs, constant logins to File Manager and when I do have free time for a movie or tv show i use Mobro or 123Movies app and website.

All in a day using the Classic, I only charge at bedtime. I could never do this with the Passport and Q10.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    BBHermes likes this.
    02-04-17 08:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I do. On days that I really hammer my passport and need extra juice the inability to either quick charge or swap a battery makes it unsuable. Then you swap the sim in another phone and, at least on AT&T, you have to call to get it reprovisioned (or your SMS stops).

HOWEVER, I saw a YouTube video testing the Passport for water resistance and they couldn't get it to die. So maybe the sealed battery has some legitimate pluses. But, really, I've always been able to revive every BlackBerry phone I've had since they first came out with a bag of rice.
    02-04-17 08:09 PM
53 123