Hey guys,

We got some kind of issue here in Turkey. I don't know about all carriers but I personally use Turkcell, so following statements are for this carrier.

When I bought my Q10, it was 10.1 installed on it. Since I thought I may have issues with other country/carrier OS's I waited for a while for my carrier release for higher updates. Then I got tired of waiting and installed 10.2.1.1925 LEAK before it was out... FM Radio didn't appeared... Then I waited for the official worldwide release hoping for a solution. It came around the day it was released.. But still there was NO FM RADIO. So I checked Turkish forums for it, some say that it was about a issue with TRT(Turkish Radio Television Broadcast) TAX STAMP. Some say, they use it since they installed 10.2.1.1055 leak without SIM Card - they updated their device to 10.2.1(And FM stayed there). But my friend tried it and FM was available until he inserted his SIM (It was gone with SIM card in)

And I got in touch with my carrier.. I sent a mail asking ''Why the hell are you selling Q10's with 'FM RADIO ads' since you can't provide it?''. They got no f idea..

I hope I could explained it all clearly. Anyone has any opinion or solution for this?

Thanks.

Edit: About TAX STAMP: There is a law says almost ANY device can reach T.V. or Radio broadcast, comes with a tax stamp. (It is around %6 for mobile phones) (Even your vantilator has radio the price goes up for tax) I don't know about other countries.
    02-20-14 08:44 AM
    We have a similar systems in Denmark, but it is per household: If you own any device capable of receiving either TV or have an internet connection with a download speed higher than 256kbit/s you are taxed around €400/year.

There are no longer service books for BB 10 devices as we know them from the legacy devices, but maybe someone else can provide info about carriers enabling/disabling settings for BB10 devices.
    02-20-14 09:56 AM
    Evet dogru sim cardsiz calisiyor sadece
    Ayni telefonu yani q10 u dubai da denedim bal gibi calisiyor
    Yani fm radyo su

Posted via CB10
    Serhat Kar likes this.
    02-20-14 10:31 AM
    We have a similar systems in Denmark, but it is per household: If you own any device capable of receiving either TV or have an internet connection with a download speed higher than 256kbit/s you are taxed around €400/year.

There are no longer service books for BB 10 devices as we know them from the legacy devices, but maybe someone else can provide info about carriers enabling/disabling settings for BB10 devices.
    Wow thats seems a lot. But I think we have the stupidest taxing laws.
    02-20-14 10:37 AM
    service providers turkcell and KVK each blame other for Q10 radio problem.
    It is my country , comedy.. :-))
    02-23-14 01:49 PM
    Hi, I've same problem with you. I've got Q10 (Regional Turkey) and I can't find radio tabs anywhere. So...anyway, the radio problem does not fixed yet? Please give me some advice.
    03-02-14 11:30 PM