I was just wondering why there isn't an email icon when you have one for texts, phone, etc. Any idea how to put a shortcut on?
    thebanker likes this.
    02-11-13 10:45 PM
    For the last time, NO YOU CANT. No modern OS will allow you to do this, because it is redundant and useless to have 5 icons go to the same app. You can easily go to an individual inbox by swiping right in the hub, and clicking the account you want to see.

Change is good. Stop stigmatizing everything that isn't dome exactly how you're used to doing it. If blackberry and Microsoft had gone with this in mind, BB10 and Windows Phone would be nothing but glorified updates to BlackBerry OS, and Windows Mobile.
    BBJonbo likes this.
    02-11-13 10:58 PM
    Since most people will use the BlackBerry Hub to send and receive their email, with fewer people integrating BlackBerry Messenger, Text Messaging, and Telephone Calls into the BlackBerry Hub, Team BlackBerry likely thought there was no need to provide a separate email icon(s). The BlackBerry Hub and a touch-screen smartphone are taking a bit of time to prevent "accidents".
    02-11-13 10:58 PM
    I was just wondering why there isn't an email icon when you have one for texts, phone, etc. Any idea how to put a shortcut on?
    I dont know why there is one for 'phone' if it is locked on the bottom of the screen... but for text and bbm i guess it is to have a lot easier access to the conversations, but if need be you can just put those two icons into a folder and hide them away, they arent really needed if you use the hub as it is meant.
    02-11-13 11:01 PM
    I agree with the OP. Makes no sense to have icons for BBM, Text, etc, but not one for email. What is the difference? They all show in the Hub so why not have icons for them all, then people can choose which method they prefer to access those things. Aren't modern operating systems supposed to be about flexibility and having options?
    grinningdog likes this.
    02-11-13 11:03 PM
    I agree with the OP. Makes no sense to have icons for BBM, Text, etc, but not one for email. What is the difference? They all show in the Hub so why not have icons for them all, then people can choose which method they prefer to access those things. Aren't modern operating systems supposed to be about flexibility and having options?
    Because one BBM and SMS are conversation based communication tools, and quick access is more important (though I think SMS redundant). And modern OS's are more about fluidity, polish, and a esthetics than usability. Just look at the success of iOS and look at their OS paradigm if you want proof that ease of use and flexibility are not synonymous with success. Even the more successful Android skins are more limited than vanilla Android. Ask WP users how they look through that long list of apps or multi task too, while you're at it...
    Last edited by InvalidUser0510; 02-11-13 at 11:20 PM.
    02-11-13 11:08 PM
    From what I've seen, the BBM app has far more options than can be accessed from the hub. Much like the Facebook (and possibly twitter) app(s). I agree text icon is redundant
    02-11-13 11:12 PM
    Absolutely....so, take them and put them in a folder called "Communications" or "System" or something...the HUB makes any icon you have that shows up in the HUB, irrelevant, in my opinion.
    02-11-13 11:12 PM
    From what I've seen, the BBM app has far more options than can be accessed from the hub. Much like the Facebook (and possibly twitter) app(s). I agree text icon is redundant
    Yes, but those options can be accessed once you go to BBM from the HUB.
    02-11-13 11:14 PM
    A future release of BlackBerry OS 10 might remove the icons for BBM, text messages, and possibly telephone calls as people become familiar with the BlackBerry Hub. There are a few aesthetic changes I would make to BlackBerry Hub to enhance functionality and organization such as a tab for each category of item (Email, BBM, LinkedIn, Twitter, Telephone Call, Video Call, etc.) and display only the latest 5 unacknowledged items at the top above the tabs. If there are seven unacknowledged items, then as you action an item the bottom items move up into the notification area. Just a thought from a user. Are you listening Team BlackBerry?
    02-11-13 11:14 PM
    I can make you a compose email button if that's what you want

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 11:16 PM
    Yes, but those options can be accessed once you go to BBM from the HUB.
    No they cant. You would have to actually open the BBM app to access those options. Even if you could access them from the hub, that would be a really bad implementation. I have to find my latest BBM chat to get to my BBM contact list or change my status? BBM deserves to have its own app as much as Facebook or Twitter. SMS is redundant though. I think the reason they didn't remove it is to appease to heavy texters.
    02-11-13 11:18 PM
    Petition: lets scrap the text messages icon in 10.1!
    02-11-13 11:21 PM
    Chill out dude, if the question bothers you that much perhaps these forums are not for you.

For the last time, NO YOU CANT. No modern OS will allow you to do this, because it is redundant and useless to have 5 icons go to the same app. You can easily go to an individual inbox by swiping right in the hub, and clicking the account you want to see.

Change is good. Stop stigmatizing everything that isn't dome exactly how you're used to doing it. If blackberry and Microsoft had gone with this in mind, BB10 and Windows Phone would be nothing but glorified updates to BlackBerry OS, and Windows Mobile.
    jimpilot likes this.
    02-11-13 11:50 PM
    Why get rid of the sms button???
    Here in the UK most phone plans comes with unlimited texts or a silly amount of them, so its only a few friends I use something like Whatsapp with the rest I text.
    It must be a lot different in the US???
    02-12-13 12:11 AM

Calm yourself. I have Gmail and Outlook tiles on my Windows Phone so yes, they do. You can also have yahoo mail and gmail icons in iOS and not to mention Android. Check your "facts" before posting this nonsense.

Putting an Email Icon on the home screen-wp_ss_20130211_0003.jpg
    Putting an Email Icon on the home screen-wp_ss_20130211_0004.jpg
    Putting an Email Icon on the home screen-wp_ss_20130211_0005.jpg
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 02-12-13 at 01:03 AM.
    Saiga likes this.
    02-12-13 12:43 AM
    There isn't an email icon because we have the HUB now. Text, BBM, Phone have their own icon because there is only one "account" associated with them.
    In previous os's yes we had one icon for every email address, but that was the old, tired way of doing things. It's quicker to just open the HUB and then tap the BlackBerry icon to see all of your email accounts separately, instead of poking around looking for a specific email icon. It's just one gesture and a tap.
    voltaire likes this.
    02-12-13 08:09 AM
    If you want a compose email icon: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=771194

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 08:36 AM
    Mine phone got swiped and i lost my other email icons also. Here's what i did: go to setup > email account> menu button> service books > send service books. That's all!!
    04-26-13 07:56 PM
    I agree with OP....it's a lot easier to hit the unlock button and just hit the email button. Without you're adding swipe up, right..then you may be stuck in text messages in the hub so lets say swipe out of that, then click the email then you are finally in. This as opposed to hitting unlock button, hit email icon. A device that is supposed to be the best with email really should have quick access to email...or at least the option if we want it.
    grinningdog likes this.
    04-26-13 08:34 PM
    Ridiculous comment and rude! No modern operating system? Android with Galaxy S4 just came out...thats as modern as they come and they have it! Windows...they have it!! Both pretty darn modern!

ndorazio likes this.
    04-26-13 08:41 PM
    I agree with OP....it's a lot easier to hit the unlock button and just hit the email button. Without you're adding swipe up, right..then you may be stuck in text messages in the hub so lets say swipe out of that, then click the email then you are finally in. This as opposed to hitting unlock button, hit email icon. A device that is supposed to be the best with email really should have quick access to email...or at least the option if we want it.
    you've left out some steps to support your bias. it's hit unlock, find the screen where the icon is, hit email icon, and then hit the email. IMO that's the same amount of steps.
    04-26-13 09:16 PM
    Although it may appeal to some people by having the warm fuzzy icon in the app drawer, I find it much easier the way it is. I always have at least one active frame open, so using an icon would mean a swipe to the left just to find the icon. From the active frames page, it's just a swipe to the right to get to it (without searching for an icon or needing to swipe up first).

If you want to get technical, there's already an icon on every app drawer page. The navigation dots at the bottom of the screen have one for the Hub. Click on it from any page and you're in the Hub.

Putting an Email Icon on the home screen-img_00000046_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 08:50 AM
    Sideload it

Putting an Email Icon on the home screen-img_00000002.png
    04-27-13 09:26 AM
    I personally don't see the need for it. I like how the Hub works. On my old BlackBerry devices I'd hide all my inbox and text message icon and just use the one unified inbox. To me this is just taking it a step further.

As for the text msg icon I remember hearing it was carriers who pushed for this. Not sure how much truth is to that though.

It would be nice is BlackBerry gave the option of email inbox icons just because it seems like a lot of people want them. I personally wouldn't use them though.

Posted via CB10 using my BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
    04-27-13 11:18 AM
38 12