https://citizenlab.org/2016/08/milli...nso-group-uae/

Remote jailbreak attack discovered

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 03:40 PM
    All it proves is that he bought an iphone instead of a blackberry. The fact that no one cares enough to look for exploits doesn't make it a more secure os.
    muellerto, TGR1, LazyEvul and 3 others like this.
    08-25-16 05:10 PM
    Which OS is most at risk? Windows, Android or iOS?

All have benefits and drawbacks. Currently Windows Phone seems to be the hardest nut to crack. Blackberry has a long history of being very security-focused. If I have physical access to the device, I find Android�s usually the easiest target. Then comes iPhone, then older versions of BlackBerry. If it�s over a network or I have to attack via email or message, Android�s usually the softest target.

Source: http://www.whatmobile.net/features/u...-with-a-hacker

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    This could have easily been done on a BlackBerry. Read the story in depth from some other news feeds.

This guy was targeted by either his government or another agency. They probably contracted this Israeli firm to create this exploit and tried to execute it on him. The target is a well known human rights activist in the UAE where human rights are non existent for many.

The ironic part is that the private equity firm that has a major interest in the Israeli company, NSO, is located just down the road from Apple in Cupertino.

If he was using a BlackBerry, NSO would have just created a hack for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    computedplus likes this.
    08-25-16 11:25 PM
    This could have easily been done on a BlackBerry. Read the story in depth from some other news feeds.

This guy was targeted by either his government or another agency. They probably contracted this Israeli firm to create this exploit and tried to execute it on him. The target is a well known human rights activist in the UAE where human rights are non existent for many.

The ironic part is that the private equity firm that has a major interest in the Israeli company, NSO, is located just down the road from Apple in Cupertino.

If he was using a BlackBerry, NSO would have just created a hack for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Not a single hacked BlackBerry to this date, even considering the days when BlackBerry was popular.

Now that BlackBerry 10 is not as popular helps with the security as well.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and PatrickMJS like this.
    08-25-16 11:59 PM
    Which OS is most at risk? Windows, Android or iOS?

All have benefits and drawbacks. Currently Windows Phone seems to be the hardest nut to crack. Blackberry has a long history of being very security-focused. If I have physical access to the device, I find Android�s usually the easiest target. Then comes iPhone, then older versions of BlackBerry. If it�s over a network or I have to attack via email or message, Android�s usually the softest target.

Source: http://www.whatmobile.net/features/u...-with-a-hacker

Posted via CB10
    Older versions of BlackBerry have been hacked earlier this year (or was it late last year?) by, IIRC, the Dutch Police.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    computedplus likes this.
    08-25-16 11:59 PM
    Apple released an OS update yesterday that addresses this bug. ~10 days from the bug being discovered to world-wide release of an OS update.

Meanwhile BB10.3.3 (which is supposed to contain 'security fixes') is almost 5 months overdue from it's original 'scheduled' date.
    08-26-16 06:25 AM
    Apple released an OS update yesterday that addresses this bug. ~10 days from the bug being discovered to world-wide release of an OS update.

Meanwhile BB10.3.3 (which is supposed to contain 'security fixes') is almost 5 months overdue from it's original 'scheduled' date.
    Ouch!
    08-26-16 06:41 AM

Yup. Already patched.
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...iphone-spyware

*ME173X
    08-26-16 06:45 AM
    Older versions of BlackBerry have been hacked earlier this year (or was it late last year?) by, IIRC, the Dutch Police.

Would love to see your link to this good read on you claim.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 07:56 AM
    People laugh when I tell em I'll never leave BB10. At least I'll sleep in peace knowing my sweet BlackBerry won't be hacked. My CB signature says it all for me.

This proves bb10 vs ios security-img_20160825_204202.jpg
    This proves bb10 vs ios security-img_20160808_152347.jpg

BB10 over ANY Android device.
    skstrials and PatrickMJS like this.
    08-26-16 08:49 AM

The Dutch police got Access to the PGP encrypted message. So Blackberry being hacked is a wrong statement..

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 11:44 AM
    And, on iOS everyone was able to get that patch at once. Even on BB10, unless you know how to do it, you still have to wait on the carrier. Running a Blitz or autoloader certainly isn't hard, but not something a regular user should need to do.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    08-26-16 11:58 AM
    Not a single hacked BlackBerry to this date, even considering the days when BlackBerry was popular.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook was hacked quite fast. Or don't you remember dingleberry?

DingleBerry | CrackBerry.com

NOTHING is un-hackable. Why is there so many vulnerabilities in Windows compared to OSX? There are a billion of devices using Windows. It's more readily available. Same things goes for BlackBerry vs. Android/iOS...
    anon(5597702) and devin266 like this.
    08-26-16 01:20 PM
    If 'security by obscurity' really works, then BB10 is getting more and more secure every single day.

Soon my Q5 will be invulnerable!

08-26-16 01:26 PM
    Apple patched this and got it out to its masses within days. You can't say the same thing about Blackberry. You would have to wait for your carrier, or for BlackBerry's next patch cycle.
    08-26-16 01:28 PM
    If you really to be secure, don't accept any links,don't download any apps and/or accept apps to access your information. Apple and Android have become the Microsoft from the 90's. Being the most used platform, they become the challenge. It is really up to the individual to be as secure as he wants.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-26-16 02:07 PM
    Hmm... this was in an NBC report:

"NSO marketing material says that it also has capabilities for Android and BlackBerry devices. No version of the software has been exposed, indicating it remains effective."

Apple Fixes Security Flaw After UAE Dissident&#x27;s iPhone Targeted - NBC News
    08-26-16 02:24 PM
    The Dutch police got Access to the PGP encrypted message. So Blackberry being hacked is a wrong statement..

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't really a statement because I added "IIRC", which already implied that I wasn't sure about it.

08-26-16 02:52 PM

But 10.3.x doesn't contain a big leak like this iOS leak, so it's apples to oranges.

PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-26-16 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    So by you logic then the I phone must be more secure because Apple just pushed out an emergency security patch?

One last thought, Apple is an ongoing fully updated OS for the phone system.........BlackBerry OS 10 is no were near this and so is not hacked that we know about. It is also crazy to take joy in one phone being hacked and and another not, one being attacked is all being attacked. Security belongs to no one company, remember your smirk, when BlackBerry pulls the plug on OS 10
    Jerry A and TGR1 like this.
    08-26-16 03:23 PM
    But 10.3.x doesn't contain a big leak like this iOS leak, so it's apples to oranges.

Don't mistake no known leak for no leak. They are not the same thing. The iOS vulnerability could have been used and stayed secret for several years.
    08-26-16 03:25 PM
    Don't mistake no known leak for no leak. They are not the same thing. The iOS vulnerability could have been used and stayed secret for several years.
    I didn't say BB10 has no leak, I said it has no big leak. Big as in: drawing media attention.

08-26-16 03:50 PM

The hold up has nothing to do with BlackBerry and everything to do with NIAP certification. Try again.
    08-26-16 05:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    If 'security by obscurity' really works, then BB10 is getting more and more secure every single day.

Soon my Q5 will be invulnerable!

BB10 might not have many users, but many BB10 users are government or government-related which makes BB10 a big target for government sponsored hacking. (I agree re: 'security by obscurity' for non-government sponsored hacking).
    08-27-16 02:53 AM
101 123 ...