I agree this is disappointing, but I would almost guarentee that this is the kind of stuff we will see in future updates. As is, BB10 is still a baby OS... Sky's the limit as far as I'm concerned
    Sorry there is only one kick at the cat so to speak and BlackBerry blew it. Between the delayed release dates, the missing features or rough edges as Kevin's review called them in his review of BlackBerry Z10, and the lack-lustre presentation this morning I am starting to think that Thorsten wants to exit the smartphone market and focus solely on vehicle infotainment systems.
    netwerks1 likes this.
    01-30-13 02:57 PM
    "

You can set custom tones per contact

Thats not what im talking bout .

If my phone is on silent i usually created a profile and set tones so my bosses calls and text only come through. That is done through profile from my understanding well its the only way i've even done it.

Go to profiles

change sounds and alerts

sounds for contacts

add contact already

then i fix my custom settings.
    01-30-13 02:58 PM
    ALSO another disappointment, I heard the LED indicator on the z10 is ONLY one color???
    Is this really true, the LED color cannot be changed by software, either native or 3rd party?
    01-30-13 03:00 PM
    I don't know on sound profiles, I never used them much, but really I don't get the need to remove them.

BUT on led, I think the ability to peak at the screen, slowly pull up the bottom like we have all seen, is the way to see it. I know not the same, but it is something.
    But if I'm in a meeting and don't want to fiddle with the phone, and I can tell by color if it's an email or something more important like a BBM or a text...that's how I use the LED colors most of the time.
    01-30-13 03:01 PM
    And the "cinnamon toast" notifications for the lock screen...I guess they didn't make the cut either?
    01-30-13 03:02 PM
    Is this really true, the LED color cannot be changed by software, either native or 3rd party?
    Based strictly on Kevin's review since I don't have a Z10 myself yet, it seems the only LED color right now is red. That's not saying it won't be able to light up in green, blue, purple, orange or whatever, just that it isn't in the OS right now to do so and I haven't seen anything in Blackberry World for OS10 to equal BeBuzz or a similar app. Not sayng there won't be, just haven't seen an app YET.... ( And whomever makes one first will probably make a nice pile of money....)
    01-30-13 03:05 PM
    Amazing how people get so disappointed so quick when they dont even have the phone in their hands. Maybe go to work for BB and tell them how you want the phone to work and act.

I am sure there are going to be app developers make aps to cure your blinking light worry
    Ansovald and zombie73 like this.
    01-30-13 03:12 PM
    Stop complaining and instead make an app, there is an obvious market demand (in this case literally, torches and pitchforks included) for it. Charge $.99 and make a buck off everyone that's 'freaking out' and must have it NOW, until BlackBerry releases an update with the granular sound profile functionality.
    zombie73 likes this.
    01-30-13 03:24 PM
    Amazing how people get so disappointed so quick when they dont even have the phone in their hands.
    We don't need the phone in our hands to know that the notification profile system has been severely crippled.

Stop complaining and instead make an app, there is an obvious market demand (in this case literally, torches and pitchforks included) for it. Charge $.99 and make a buck off everyone that's 'freaking out' and must have it NOW, until BlackBerry releases an update with the granular sound profile functionality.
    What? You want email on the PlayBook? Just use Bridge or webmail!

As products are developed and improved, they should include features found on previous phones.
    01-30-13 03:27 PM
    About the LED, it's still tri-colored as noted in another thread. But not yet app changeable.

I'm not happy about the change in how profiles work either. I personally have a custom profile set so that the phone is normally silent, except for a specific set of contacts which it will ring for. If you're not on my list (of only 13 people), I see the call on the screen, but no sound or vibration and you eventually go to voicemail. Unless I see the name and I do want to answer. I get a relatively high number of "unknown number" and marketing calls and I prefer not to hear the rings from those calls. It seems like I won't be able to do that in BB10.
    dreamstate7 likes this.
    01-30-13 05:07 PM
    I really hope they bring this back since its pretty much a defining feature of BlackBerry.
    Mel25 and dreamstate7 like this.
    01-30-13 06:20 PM
    Damn...this is going to really **** me off. I have a special profile for night that only allows for phones calls from very important people or the alarm company. No emails, texts, BBM as all that can wait till I get up. So now it's all or nothing??? Not acceptable one bit.
    01-30-13 06:30 PM
    Damn...this is going to really **** me off. I have a special profile for night that only allows for phones calls from very important people or the alarm company. No emails, texts, BBM as all that can wait till I get up. So now it's all or nothing??? Not acceptable one bit.
    Well, you can set alerts for specific contacts, so you program those specific numbers you want to reach you and then sling it onto silent. I'll admit its less good than it is now, because it is a loss of customisation, but with five minutes work you should be able to get it working just fine. I suspect that the profiles stuff is going to get patched sooner rather than later, probably in the first update that goes out within a few days. I'm sure they are not happy to hear how annoyed everyone is.

I suspect that even if that doesn't happen, BeBuzz will be up and running on BB10 soon and that will do all the heavy lifting for you anyway (remember you can set it to use different settings for different device profiles) so you should be able to get things working exactly how you want them to.
    01-30-13 07:18 PM
    Could care less about the color of the LED but the lack of custom sound profiles is beyond disapointing... one of the reasons I dislike my windows phone
    netwerks1 and Mel25 like this.
    01-30-13 07:43 PM
    It sort of seems like BB may have left off some of the things that are/were so important to BB users. It's the simple things that BB users love that may be missing. Maybe TH didn't listen as much as he said he did. I really hope this is not the case.
    netwerks1 likes this.
    01-30-13 07:50 PM
    I assume this may have been intentional to promote more devs to migrate over to BB10, in which there will be "profile" apps to get this feature back.
    01-30-13 08:33 PM
    I really doubt it will be added by BB. Maybe an app, which probably wouldn't match up to how good it was, but I would think if BB wanted it on there it would have been included. Is it possible that the people at BB would even truly realize that customers like us are upset or would it never reach that level?
    01-30-13 08:36 PM
    hmm that 10.1 update need come quick i do liek profiles and i would liek different colour LED.As my hub will be filled up with different emails/social media stuff.Damn you really cannot rush an OS out.
    01-30-13 08:49 PM
    I guess In Holster and Out of Holster are gone forever.
    And yes, I DO have a Z10 right in front of me.
    Turnda643 likes this.
    01-30-13 08:52 PM
    Hey NJblackberry...curious on the phone. Are you able to type in a person's name from the phone pad and it brings up a contact...such as Bill...2455. I sure hope so!!
    01-30-13 09:06 PM
    OK - making sure I understand ('cause this thing is different)...
    I opened the phone dialer and brought up the keypad.
    I started typing Bill and it shows 245-5
    There is an icon to go to the Contacts but that isn't what you are looking for. I understand what you are looking for - I believe the answer is it doesn't work that way.
    01-30-13 09:14 PM
    If they had to cut-out sound profile to finish the operating system, I fear for the future of BlackBerry. Hire people whom can get the job done correctly and on the first release. Maybe Alicia Keyes can fix the sound profiles; the current crop of developers seem out of touch with the smartphone users.
    Maybe you can fix the sound profiles?
    01-30-13 09:25 PM
    Ok..rats! You did it right! The BB's used to do that and my droid indredible4 does...was hoping for the same. Was an easier way then always having to go to contacts. Thanks for checking!!!
    01-30-13 09:38 PM
    Ok..rats! You did it right! The BB's used to do that and my droid indredible4 does...was hoping for the same. Was an easier way then always having to go to contacts. Thanks for checking!!!
    Wouldn't he need a contact by the name of Bill in order for this to work?
    01-30-13 09:56 PM
    Please do not tell people not to complain. If we don't sound off about things we don't like then we'll never have better products. These features are what has made BB's a tool and not a toy. Now it seems that BB is once again taking it's "tool" user base for granted for the sake of the "toy" crowd. I don't mind them putting effort in to capturing that market but do not for get about the user base you have now. These features that has made us love BB and made BB stand out are essential. Complain, dang right I will, it cost them a heck of a lot of people today not to mention a big hit in the stock market. If you truely love BB then you'll not want them to make these kind of mistakes. What happened to the Thorsten saying of "We have to get this right" ? Stop making lame excuses for Thorsten and BB's failures, if you continue, they will continue to fail, start holding them up to their words and higher standards and just maybe they will get better....but honestly, they had their last shot at that today....the fall of BB will now be very quick, it will be the real surprise that we didn't hear today. And yes, that breaks my heart, I believed, I had faith and feel I have been totally let down.
    01-30-13 10:11 PM
137 1234 ...