As a former iPhone user one thing that drives me crazy is that when I Google a term in Google News, there are no search tools. These "tools" are the filter and sort options that allow you to sort by date, for instance. In Safari they appear under the "more" pull down list.

No browsers other than safari seem to allow this and do I assume it's a modification apple made.

Anyway, does anyone else find this frustrating?

Problems with Google search on BlackBerry Browser-google-search-tools-4.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 09:56 PM
    On the Google home page, under the search bar, choose to use the 'classic mode' that way you'll have your filters on the left when you search in the 'news' section

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:21 PM
    On the Google home page, under the search bar, choose to use the 'classic mode' that way you'll have your filters on the left when you search in the 'news' section

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip. However, I don't want to have to use classic view in order to get this basic feature. Mobile mode in a mobile browser us essential. Otherwise you are constantly resizing text etc.

Safari has managed to include it in their mobile version. Just frustrating that other browsers haven't taken the time to make it work.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:07 PM
    Problems with Google search on BlackBerry Browser-img_20140820_143413.png

It's not the safari browser itself that's doing this but how Google treats the safari user agent. As you can see in my picture I have enabled safari's user agent on my Z10 and now have the search tools. Blame Google for discrimination. Even androids don't have this or at least not the user agent that I have (unable to test chrome for android). It's an easy fix on Google's end bit they choose not to.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140820_143413.png 
Views:	792 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	292012

It's not the safari browser itself that's doing this but how Google treats the safari user agent. As you can see in my picture I have enabled safari's user agent on my Z10 and now have the search tools. Blame Google for discrimination. Even androids don't have this or at least not the user agent that I have (unable to test chrome for android). It's an easy fix on Google's end bit they choose not to.

Posted via CB10
    Oh don't tease me like that.... how do I enable the 'safari user agent' on my Z30?! Please!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140820_143413.png 
Views:	792 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	292012

Posted via CB10
    This ^ is true

Fwiw he's using a 3rd party browser.. bb10 built in browser only has 2 user agents and doesn't allow you to add custom ones
    08-21-14 07:54 PM
    This ^ is true

Fwiw he's using a 3rd party browser.. bb10 built in browser only has 2 user agents and doesn't allow you to add custom ones
    Add that to the feature request list for 10.4 then.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:30 PM
    Add that to the feature request list for 10.4 then.

Posted via CB10
    Yep.. I'd like user agent settings for
    Phone + Android/iPhone
    Tablet + Android/ ipad
    Desktop + ie/Firefox/chrome/safari
    Custom

Or.. just custom would be great
    08-22-14 09:38 PM
    As mentioned, I am not using the stock browser to achieve a different user agent, though I wish I could. I am using OhHai browser but I do believe evolution browser and a few others accomplish the same thing. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 09:48 PM