Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Problem with Z10 Browser Bookmarks

Hey guys,

Lookin to see if anyone else has experienced this issue / and or has a solution.

I just got my new Z10 the other day, and so far I am LOVING it! However I have noticed one strange occurance. Now I admit it is not a glaring error in the phone and it hasn't turned me off my shiny new Z10, but alas it is a nuisance. When I transferred all my contacts and other info from my torch 9800 to my Z10 naturally it ported my browser bookmarks as well. The problem is I have plenty of old bookmarks I no longer want so I deleted them... Or so I thought... Everytime I click the "X" and close the browser my deleted bookmarks reappear when I reopen the browser... I have deleted roughly 10 bookmarks at least a dozen times now in between reboots and other efforts to fix the problem but nothing seems to work!

Anyone care to venture a guess?

Cheers
    CrackBerry Addict

Do your deleted bookmarks appear in "Bookmarks" (open Browser, pull out the drawer on the right, tap on "star" Bookmarks) or do they appear as soon as you open the Browser?

The launch page in the Browser will show most-recent pages, not the bookmarks. Over time, these pages will be replaced with pages that you visit without any further deletions. If this is inconvenient, you can clear all these pages by clearing history in the Browser's Settings tab.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

I dont ave an answer but i do have a question, can you rearrange the bookmarks?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

They appear when I swipe right and click the "bookmarks" tab. I Longpress them to bring up the ride side menu then I click the trash can and each time the "bookmark deleted" bubble appears. I have repeated this process as I said above roughly a dozen times now for each bookmark I want gone, but to no avail.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
    I dont ave an answer but i do have a question, can you rearrange the bookmarks?
    As it is currently, you cannot move the various bookmark tiles into another order. They are dynamically sorted to give you access to those bookmarks that you use frequently. You can use tags to organize and sort your bookmarks.

If you need an arranged grid of bookmarks, you can create a folder on any of your homescreens and add any web pages on which you used "Add to Home Screen" from the browser.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ingris View Post
    They appear when I swipe right and click the "bookmarks" tab. I Longpress them to bring up the ride side menu then I click the trash can and each time the "bookmark deleted" bubble appears. I have repeated this process as I said above roughly a dozen times now for each bookmark I want gone, but to no avail.
    OK, your Bookmarks might be stuck similar to what is happening with transferred text messages. A known fix right now is to wipe the device and transfer everything *except* your bookmarks. Follow instructions here but instead of excluding text messages, exclude bookmarks:
    KB33653-BlackBerry 10 device is not able to send or receive text messages after restoring SMS messages data from BlackBerry 7 or lower device

Alternatively, someone else might post a better solution, so you could hold off before wiping.

Finally, you can ignore the bookmarks for now and eventually once the OS is updated, the stuck bookmarks should be erasable.

Sorry, we feel your pain.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by b320 View Post
    As it is currently, you cannot move the various bookmark tiles into another order. They are dynamically sorted to give you access to those bookmarks that you use frequently. You can use tags to organize and sort your bookmarks.

If you need an arranged grid of bookmarks, you can create a folder on any of your homescreens and add any web pages on which you used "Add to Home Screen" from the browser.
    Ok. That's cool and willwork for the time being. I guess I could do that on my playbook too. Thanks guys.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thanks for supporting BlackBerry.
    CrackBerry User

Default Browser problem

I've cleared the history in the browser yet when i reopen the browser these pages are still there please help im very frustrated.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by queenee2 View Post
    I've cleared the history in the browser yet when i reopen the browser these pages are still there please help im very frustrated.
    If you clear your history, the "new Tab" screen will show approximately 8 of your Bookmarks instead.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm able to delete my Z10's browser bookmarks and history quite fine. Just tried it and it worked exactly as expected.

I would not follow a workaround for an unrelated problem (text messages). You would be better off calling your cell phone company and asking them for help. My guess is they will talk you through a system restore process.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Patrick from Calgary
    ------------------------------
    Z10 STL100-3, OS version 10.2.1.2941
    PB 64 GB, OS version 2.1.0.1917
    CrackBerry User

Hi does anyone know why my browser loads but then won't open certain page's

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

I found an odd solution to this problem. I deleted my email accounts and rebooted. Then I was able to delete the bookmarks that I had transferred from my Storm 2. I also had an issue with payment options that had a odd solution. I deleted my saved wi-fi settings and then I was able to make a purchase through Blackberry World. Hopefully this will help others.
    CrackBerry User

I can't make payments on certain sites can anyone help

Posted via CB10