Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justthecrack View Post
    Except (from what I've read so far) it DOESN'T do this everytime. It only does this when you leave a hub message open, so the app thinks you're not done. I'd agree that they should make it an option, but I think most people would easily adapt in a quick time to remember to close their hub message when they are done with it. Very easy and practical solution instead of waiting for BBRY to take care of it for you.

How many people on a regular pc just leave an e-mail or message open when they are done?
    Its not just when you leave a message open. It's every time
    If you your last place is your email folder that's what you peek into next time. If you want to peek into the hub you have to remember to exit from the hub
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts

I will repeat. When you have finished an action in the hub swipe it away to the right.

Problem solved.

If you have not finished an action in the hub then, thankfully, that's what you come back to.

Simple.

End of thread I guess.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts

I will give an example though:

I'm writing a long email. I go to browser to check facts. Oh fck where is my email. I go back to email and write more. I go briefly to check the weather app. Oh fck where is my email. Etc.

I want something I'm working on to stay accessible.

When I'm finished I swipe it to the right which resets the hub.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by greenberry666 View Post
    I will repeat. When you have finished an action in the hub swipe it away to the right.

Problem solved.

If you have not finished an action in the hub then, thankfully, that's what you come back to.

Simple.

End of thread I guess.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the way peek works in the Hub. I have no problem that the last message I viewed is the first message I see when I open the Hub again. I think the bigger issue is to include a way to jump to the next message without having to swipe back into the entire messages list. That would also solve the problem people seem to have with the Hub functionality
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Is the issue really with the Hub or is it the lack of a coherent Notification strategy in BB 10? I think the challenge with the Hub is that it's serving double-duty as both a Universal Inbox and a Notification center. But since the Hub is still fundamentally a Messages app, there's no abstraction between the "Hub" and the individual messages (i.e., message "window") it contains. So, if you have a message open, that essentially becomes the last known state of the Hub.

This is congruent with how the Messages app works in BB 7. If you're typing a text message, receive a new email, and app-switch to the Messages app, you'll go right back to the text you were typing. To see the new email, you have to app-switch to Home and then open the Messages app. Alternatively, you could back out of your text, but that's what we're trying to avoid. It sounds like Peek addresses this to some extent and would work as desired for notifications that aren't standard messages, such as an app notification. But, when the notification is a message, it still seems like some kind of action on the current message (e.g., sending it, closing or backing out of it, etc.) is required before you can see the new one.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

Which is adding steps. Swiping right 2 times then left once to get back to apps.

Yes that's how it works but the natural flow is to skip that step and just swipe left because I picture in my head pages in a book. Imagine every time you need to move one forward you first go back two, then move three at once foward.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Ummmm... perhaps a on/off toggle for a reset is what you guys need. everyone can have it their way, like at burger king... Then we can all use the hub the way be want without new swipes
    Last edited by dscsayers; 02-07-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: more to say
    CrackBerry Newbie

Why not a choice when peeking? In other words, in addition to the swipe right (which can lead to the issue discussed here) maybe a continued swipe towards the top goes to default hub peek. So when peeking a light blue line divides the notification type peek from the continued swipe up which would show default hub peek. Then continue to hub by finishing the swipe up.

Alright shoot me Down
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12