Problem with PDFs in email
For some reason I cannot open pdfs from one of my companies. Documents and so forth work. Just says the pdf is corrupt or damaged. My S3 and my old iphone 4s opens them just fine. Any fixes?
- CrackBerry User
02-08-2013, 09:04 AM #2
- 38 Posts
I have the same problem! But it is the same problem which is on the playbook, the problem is that Blackberry can't rename the file. For example, if the file name is scan001.pdf, and my scanner always give them that name, if you have downloaded one of these files in the past, and they are still on the device, you will get this error until you delete the old file. This is stupid and needs to be fixed asap by blackberry. Its very simple, they just need to be able to automatically rename the file to scan001(1).pdf, like windows or Linux does
- 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM #4
Same issue here. I am unable to open certain pdf files.
I have been able to reproduce the issue. For me, the only pdf files that I am unable to open are ones that are sent from within the Preview app from an Apple computer (using the share button, via email). These attachments show up as unnamed files in the Blackberry Hub.
However, if I go to my gmail webmail in the browser, I can open the pdf. If I forward the email back to myself from my gmail webmail, then I can open it in the Hub. Alternately, if I forward it back to myself from any other device (Android tablet, Windows PC), the pdf can also be opened in the Hub.
So strange and a pain in the rear.
- By WakyEggs in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM
- By Inaam786 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 7Last Post: 09-05-2010, 04:03 AM
- By broddam in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 17Last Post: 02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
- By CBR900RR in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
- By thebigd in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 09-07-2007, 09:35 PM