Hi,

I see a lot of people having connection issues with gmail and authentication... been there done that on my android.

I of course, get to have a different set of hassles.

I just got my bb z10 and love it! I had some issues getting APN working (since I am using NET10, and they are on/off about support with bb... ) but an OS update and some engineering tweaks, and I was into the settings, and now I have full LTE internet. The only 2 things I've run into are no MMS (not a big problem, but annoying... SMS works fine) AND: My Gmail account from my college does not work. It worked when I first set up the phone (with the old OS and not realizing Net10 was jerky vis a vis bb) but after the full reset, I got my "regular" gmail accounts up first (and they work fine) plus my 2 other providers' email accounts (all good) but when I went to set up the school account, it goes through entering everything, then gives me a screen that reads (in very small letters) : "Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any ideas? Suggestions? Quippy comments?

I'm not a newbie to computer and telecommunication, and I've tried resetting it up about 10 times over 3 days and continually get the same end result. I've tried using advanced only, I've tried setting it up completely manually.. but this time it simply will not go.

2 things I haven't tried (and I'm nervous for fear of losing my APN settings, which, frankly were a hassle) are restarting the phone, and full power down/restart/reload of OS... that last seems like swatting flies with a sledgehammer, but is that where I am?

Thanks in advance!
    11-03-13 10:18 PM
    Welcome to CB! Anyway your school email is Google hosted?
    11-03-13 11:19 PM
    Thanks! And yes it is.

Anyway, to update (and maybe help someone else) I went by the IT dept today, we spent 45 minutes with different things... they finally set me up through Microsoft ActiveSync to make it work, and now it works fine.

Not a normal thing for an individual account, but if you are dealing with something like mine (where a corp or institution is using gmail) then there is a possible solution for you.

Cheers!
    11-04-13 02:52 PM