Well, to start this off, it's just another personal opinion story.

I picked up the Priv on launch day and was just as excited as the next person to get a hold of a new BlackBerry device.
    I immediately switched from my Passport to the Priv and began enjoying the new device. Wasn't my first stint with Android, but I was excited to give it a whirl again in hopes that BlackBerry had put a nice spin on it.

Needless to say, it's been over a couple months now, and the Priv just ain't cutting it. I have put my SIM back into my Classic this go around and am glad to be back on BlackBerry 10.

While the Priv itself is an amazing device, and I mean amazing, Android just got too exhausting after a while. There isn't a good consistent flow to it.
    The BlackBerry Hub is a poor execution of what the Hub really is. It's more a less a email app client that acts as a portal for you to access your other social apps. BBM, Text, Twitter, etc. The Hub should be the main focus! Everything should start and end at the Hub. Perhaps I was foolish for thinking that the Priv would have been that way, maybe I was expecting too much out of Android.
    Another pet peeve of Android compared to BlackBerry 10 is "closing" apps. If you are "x" number amount of pages into an app, article, etc and want to get out of it, you can press the home button and go back to your main screen, which doesn't close the app at all. Or you can press the back button until it's close. Sure, doesn't take long at all, and at the end of the days it's mere seconds, but it's the process and the consistency that I have to do this numerous times a day. As opposed to just swiping up and closing.

There are more things that I like and dislike about Android and BlackBerry 10. They both have pros and cons. Obviously Android is doing something right if there are millions more using that then BlackBerry 10. But Android just doesn't work for me. Really in the end this just comes at a bad time because it will be inevitable that BlackBerry 10 becomes obsolete and forgotten about. Sure you can say that if the device still works for you then you can use it until the battery goes. Which is true, but at some point in the near future, these devices just won't be enough and everything slows down. Not only that, but it just won't feel right using a device that will be "abandoned" by its creators.

It's going to be a tough choice when the only two options are iphone or an Android device. Maybe Windows if they are still kickin. It's going to force people to adopt an OS that won't have the same great features that you have come to take for granted on BlackBerry 10!

TLDR: Android is a "fun" OS for a little bit. Then after a while it gets exhausting and you miss the simplicity of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 03:28 PM
    I would agree with this, thank god i didn't rush out and buy it.
    anon(4270544) likes this.
    01-22-16 03:38 PM
    Or you can press the back button until it's close. Sure, doesn't take long at all, and at the end of the days it's mere seconds, but it's the process and the consistency that I have to do this numerous times a day. As opposed to just swiping up and closing.
    Out of curiosity, why don't you just tap the recent apps button and then swipe the app away to close it? That's what I always do when I want to close an app: two quick moves, just like BB10. Tap swipe, as opposed to swipe tap.
    01-22-16 03:46 PM
    Out of curiosity, why don't you just tap the recent apps button and then swipe the app away to close it? That's what I always do when I want to close an app: two quick moves, just like BB10. Tap swipe, as opposed to swipe tap.
    OMG...thank you so much!!!

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2876)
    01-22-16 03:55 PM
    I would do that from time to time. That did close the app quicker then pressing the back button a few times.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 12:38 AM
    Well, to start this off, it's just another personal opinion story.

I picked up the Priv on launch day and was just as excited as the next person to get a hold of a new BlackBerry device.
    I immediately switched from my Passport to the Priv and began enjoying the new device. Wasn't my first stint with Android, but I was excited to give it a whirl again in hopes that BlackBerry had put a nice spin on it.

Needless to say, it's been over a couple months now, and the Priv just ain't cutting it. I have put my SIM back into my Classic this go around and am glad to be back on BlackBerry 10.

While the Priv itself is an amazing device, and I mean amazing, Android just got too exhausting after a while. There isn't a good consistent flow to it.
    The BlackBerry Hub is a poor execution of what the Hub really is. It's more a less a email app client that acts as a portal for you to access your other social apps. BBM, Text, Twitter, etc. The Hub should be the main focus! Everything should start and end at the Hub. Perhaps I was foolish for thinking that the Priv would have been that way, maybe I was expecting too much out of Android.
    Another pet peeve of Android compared to BlackBerry 10 is "closing" apps. If you are "x" number amount of pages into an app, article, etc and want to get out of it, you can press the home button and go back to your main screen, which doesn't close the app at all. Or you can press the back button until it's close. Sure, doesn't take long at all, and at the end of the days it's mere seconds, but it's the process and the consistency that I have to do this numerous times a day. As opposed to just swiping up and closing.

There are more things that I like and dislike about Android and BlackBerry 10. They both have pros and cons. Obviously Android is doing something right if there are millions more using that then BlackBerry 10. But Android just doesn't work for me. Really in the end this just comes at a bad time because it will be inevitable that BlackBerry 10 becomes obsolete and forgotten about. Sure you can say that if the device still works for you then you can use it until the battery goes. Which is true, but at some point in the near future, these devices just won't be enough and everything slows down. Not only that, but it just won't feel right using a device that will be "abandoned" by its creators.

It's going to be a tough choice when the only two options are iphone or an Android device. Maybe Windows if they are still kickin. It's going to force people to adopt an OS that won't have the same great features that you have come to take for granted on BlackBerry 10!

TLDR: Android is a "fun" OS for a little bit. Then after a while it gets exhausting and you miss the simplicity of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, I had to buy an android device for social networking, it only make waste a lot if time in "closing" apps that remain open, with a battery duration of less than 4 hours a day at peak use! That's commercial use of smartphones. I very much prefer BB10 rational use of features. Should they dismiss it, I will only rely on the other device. For now, I'm using both, the Android one and my Z30

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 08:13 AM
    OMG...thank you so much!!!

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2876)
    I believe the new update to Marshmallow let's you change the settings so when you close an app it also kills and stops all the processes running in the background that used to stay running using up you processor and battery. Hope the Priv is getting that update soon, not that I care. I'm happy with my Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 11:50 AM