No matter how great BB10 might be, it's a clear dead end OS. There won't be near enough apps or a large enough user base to justify its continued existence past 2015. My prediction is that if the Blackberry brand still exists, they will be making android handsets.
    joeku likes this.
    01-11-13 05:38 PM
    I would disagree. Now go back to Android central where you belong.
    astraith, stevepar and bitek like this.
    01-11-13 05:42 PM
    We shall see! Look forward to picking up this conversation in 2015!
    Protocol 2001 likes this.
    01-11-13 05:44 PM
    no matter how great bb10 might be, it's a clear dead end os. There won't be near enough apps or a large enough user base to justify its continued existence past 2015. My prediction is that if the blackberry brand still exists, they will be making android handsets.
    hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    01-11-13 05:45 PM
    really, why because androids are so great, junk.
    01-11-13 05:47 PM
    RIM will die or it will succeed with it's own OS. It will not make Android handsets because RIM is not just a hardware based company, it is also a service based company.
    We have already heard that Samsung is dropping it's Android exclusivity and starting to make phones with Tizen. We're hearing about Ubuntu coming out of a new OS. (Neither of which I think will be an OS that RIM jumps onto).

The point is, RIM's business is comprised of a quarter service revenue. If it goes with an external operating system, it would be doomed. Without it's own operating system it would have no control and would have very little service revenue.
    So as I said, either BB10 will be a hit, or they will die. (Of course, "die", could mean a major restructuring such that it would look nothing like the RIM we know of today. Perhaps it is split up into different entities or is bought up by another company.).
    01-11-13 05:49 PM
    The market is growing ever year and there are different people with different needs who are you to say that the os has no chance. People said the same things about about IOS and Android a couple of years ago and they did not have even near as much support as BlackBerry and RIM do now. Anyway moderators can you just delete this thread.
    01-11-13 05:52 PM
    No matter how great BB10 might be, it's a clear dead end OS. There won't be near enough apps or a large enough user base to justify its continued existence past 2015. My prediction is that if the Blackberry brand still exists, they will be making android handsets.
    When did Wolverine turn into a troll?

But to be fair you are right considering how well so many manufacturers are doing on Android, its the only way forward...right? #HTC
    01-11-13 05:53 PM
    This is hilarious! LOL
    01-11-13 05:53 PM
    It doesn't matter really as I'm sure some knowing person will have predicted the end of the world (again) before then.
    audiodude likes this.
    01-11-13 05:54 PM
    fee fi foe fum! I smell a troll!
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-11-13 05:56 PM
    No, I don't think RIM will ever use Android. I think RIM will live or die by BB10, and as of right now, I don't see an end to RIM. I'm fairly confident that BB10 will catch-on in the long run.

Anyway, by 2015, I think there will be significantly less Android manufacturers than there are today. Since Google acquired Motorola, every Android manufacturer has been looking for a Plan B. Now with Samsung, Android's only successful hardware manufacturer, moving away from Android and going with Tizen (as well as other Windows Phone-based devices), and other open-source OSs like Ubuntu and Sailfish, every hardware manufacturer will be looking to get their own unique footprint in the smartphone game.

Android simply doesn't provide a company long-term sustainability. I'd worry more about Android and its manufacturers than RIM and BB10.
    DJM626 likes this.
    01-11-13 06:02 PM
    Figure I better post a warning sign.

For another has pulled it out to start ish.
    bungaboy and jafobabe like this.
    01-11-13 06:06 PM
    He wishes that would be the case! BB is going to give up security that makes them number #1 for that reason alone, to go with something loaded with malware and zero security? That is something no other platform will be able to offer. BB invented it, and I am sure does not have any intentions on giving in any time soon. Security really is a big issue, contrary to what most people think. Would I trust doing banking on an android based phone? Making payments? Can you say "NOT"

We might be a little late to the party, but the party doesn't start without us!
    01-11-13 06:07 PM
    Prediction: RIM Will Be An Android Handset Maker By 2015... No More BB Operating Systems-troll.jpg
    01-11-13 06:08 PM
    Dont start a thread just for the heck of stirring up a controversy... Isn't this the definition of trolling?
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    01-11-13 06:14 PM
    That business model is working out great for HTC isn't it! Now step away from the computer, exit your parents basement, and get some fresh air.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    01-11-13 06:19 PM