The Facebook app on BB10 (the latest version) takes forever when loading someones profile, and I prefer the look and functionality of the older Facebook app:

Is it possible to get an older version of Facebook running on BB10? I have the Q10 and can't remember which version shipped on it, but the current version is terribly slow when loading profiles.

Thanks.
    05-12-13 05:10 PM
    The BlackBerry 10 Facebook application is written in old HTML code (kinda like the mobile website.) The code was given to BlackBerry by Facebook because Facebook is lazy and refuses to develop Windows Phone and BlackBerry apps, so they give Microsoft and BlackBerry the tools to do it for them. Facebook used to use HTML apps on iOS and Android but, in the past year they have rewritten the Android and iOS apps to be Native code. Native code is normally faster, more responsive, etc.

BlackBerry wanted their BB10 app to look like the Android and iOS version with time line support,etc. Facebook gave them old code to make it.

Short answer: the app that you have screenshotted is written for BlackBerry OS which is based on Java, and not BlackBerry 10 which is based on QNX.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    05-12-13 10:11 PM