Yes. And I haven't seen the details in any posting to point out that certain situation. That is the "required steps to reproduce" which would point out a software bug. That bug could be a data issue caused by pulling the battery out of a functioning device.
    That does not explain the complete deletion from the server.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-06-14 07:39 AM
    Even if this is user error or even if users accidentally hit delete prior it's still a huge bug because it deletes them from the server and it doesn't put them in the deleted folder.

And yes, if I delete one email it will be in the deleted folder, no issues with how the account is set up.

Unless you have the new delete on handheld and server flagged (which everyone was screaming for).
    02-06-14 07:40 AM
    To detemine if its a bug, then other possibilities need to be eliminated. And that won't be done by postings on various threads, scattered around, with other comments thrown in.....

The sensible way would be for someone to set up a poll.... leak, leak and battery pull, battery pull, official OS plus version etc etc.

That would show up any pattern. If there isn't a pattern then it's a bug.
    02-06-14 07:40 AM
    Unless you have the new delete on handheld and server flagged (which everyone was screaming for).
    All deleted emails should go to the deleted folder right? When this happens they don't, they just disappear. How is that user error?

kbz1960 and John Pawling like this.
    02-06-14 07:42 AM
    I think you missed the context. They are saying and tweeting that you don't need to pull the battery as pressing the button at the top is the same as pulling the battery. If you don't agree, get Alex to tweet that you should pull the battery out of your BB10 device every time you want to reboot it. And if you are sitting in front of your desktop PC and running a batch process or report, pull the plug and see if you have any problems.
    I'll see if I can find the thread. They show a tweet from him saying to pull the battery. Why would he tell someone to do that when it's bad to do. He then says it's the same thing that happens when you use the power or volume buttons to restart.

Edit: I don't see where he said it's the same here but..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-901477/
    02-06-14 07:47 AM
    All deleted emails should go to the deleted folder right? When this happens they don't, they just disappear. How is that user error?
    No. The deleted folder depends on the system used and is non-standard SMTP/IMAP. I am pretty sure that you will not find that process documented in the protocols.
    02-06-14 07:57 AM
    I'll see if I can find the thread. They show a tweet from him saying to pull the battery. Why would he tell someone to do that when it's bad to do. He then says it's the same thing that happens when you use the power or volume buttons to restart.

Edit: I don't see where he said it's the same here but..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-901477/
    Then Micheal needs to clarify and/or correct himself.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 07:59 AM
    No. The deleted folder depends on the system used and is non-standard SMTP/IMAP. I am pretty sure that you will not find that process documented in the protocols.
    But it's safe to assume that if one deleted email goes to the deleted folder, multiple deleted emails should also go to the deleted folder, right?

02-06-14 08:07 AM
    Seems its happened to people on the official.

BTW what's the difference? Some here say there is no difference in a leak and official when the build numbers are the same.

That is correct, but a very unusual occurrence. The 10.2.1 official software release is unique in the history of BB10, in a variety of ways.

Again. People here say holding the buttons to get a reboot is the same as pulling the battery. They even say Alex tweets that.

I hear Alex tweets that he's riding a Pink Elephant, too.

And Alex Kinsella is no longer with the company.

What is SIMILIAR to pulling the battery is that it is a "hard" reboot, which restarts all subsystems.

What is DIFFERENT than pulling the battery is it initiates a graceful shutdown, whereas pulling the battery DOES NOT, and can corrupt the OS under some conditions.

If the device responds to button presses at all, you should ALWAYS use that method to do a hard reset. (And if you have a Q5 or Z30 you have no choice: the battery is not removable.)

Soft reset: Press power button for 2 seconds then press "Reset" button when it appears.

Hard reset - version 1: Press power button for 10 seconds until device says shutting down. Wait 1-2 minutes, then power up.
    Hard reset - version 2: Hold both volume buttons down for ~30 seconds until black screen. This will take a screenshot before shutdown and add it to your photos folder. Device will reboot by itself.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-06-14 05:56 PM
    I noticed my Q10 slowing down and freezing a little so I pulled the battery out. When it turned back on they were all gone without a trace.

Come on man your a regular on here and you still pulled your battery? Did you shut off the phone first or just yank the battery out?

Face palm

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.1925(10.2.1.537)
    02-06-14 06:45 PM
    Come on man your a regular on here and you still pulled your battery? Did you shut off the phone first or just yank the battery out?

Face palm

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.1925(10.2.1.537)
    Did BlackBerry ever say not to pull the battery out of a BB10 device? Can you show me where?

02-07-14 12:14 AM
    Did BlackBerry ever say not to pull the battery out of a BB10 device? Can you show me where?

Right here:

Possible BlackBerry deleted all my emails?-z10_ninja_dont_pull_battery_cpr.png
    Last edited by Omnitech; 02-07-14 at 06:14 AM.
    02-07-14 05:18 AM
    Right here:

Attachment 245790
    I'll take that as a no.

02-07-14 05:20 AM
    I'll take that as a no.

Do Not Question the BlackBerry Ninja.
    02-07-14 05:44 AM
64 123