I find amending errors to be a chore. The edge of the text field box is sometimes impossible to select and even between words the tap can be inaccurate and fiddly. I'm talking about positioning the marker. Instead of repositioning, words are highlighted and so on. Like I say a little fiddly.

Still getting on with it, but the purpose of this post is merely to discuss whether any of you lot find it to be likewise or are you adept?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by miko2097; 05-02-13 at 06:02 PM.
    Carterbits likes this.
    05-02-13 05:44 PM
    Very uphill. I fished the packaging for my Q10 out of my waste paper basket
    (I think it's getting returned)
    05-02-13 07:28 PM
    does the tapping around the bubble not help? Apparantlly, you make the bubble appear and then tap to the left, right, top, or bottom of the bubble to make it move the cursor in the direction tapped.
    05-02-13 07:33 PM
    I've tried that. Sometimes the bubble allows you to manually drag and position the icon, but other times its not responsive or erratic. It's the edges of text fields in particular that is a problem, popping up the side menu etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:02 AM
    I've tried that. Sometimes the bubble allows you to manually drag and position the icon, but other times its not responsive or erratic. It's the edges of text fields in particular that is a problem, popping up the side menu etc.

Posted via CB10
    With this I agree however only about the side menu being a pain in the rear, otherwise it is fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:26 PM
    I wish it were fine for me. Sometimes it works well enough and other times it is very unresponsive.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 07:06 AM
    It's all about the bubble. Has taken me a little while to get to grips with it but unless you got sausage fingers so should you. Tap 'near' the text you want to edit then just tap either side inside the bubble to move text one space in direction of choosing. If you still struggle I recommend a brain and liposuction. . A calm approach is always helpful and lime I said. Quick taps...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:15 AM
    Very uphill. I fished the packaging for my Q10 out of my waste paper basket
    (I think it's getting returned)
    Thanks for the info...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:16 AM
    I love my Q10 and I love this keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:05 AM
    I find amending errors to be a chore. The edge of the text field box is sometimes impossible to select and even between words the tap can be inaccurate and fiddly. I'm talking about positioning the marker. Instead of repositioning, words are highlighted and so on. Like I say a little fiddly.

Still getting on with it, but the purpose of this post is merely to discuss whether any of you lot find it to be likewise or are you adept?

Posted via CB10
    Same behavior for me on the latest 10.1 leak.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:11 AM
    The only time I've had a problem with the screen and same goes for the playbook was when plugged into an Samsung charger. For some reason the screen becomes absolutely unusable jolting from page to page and sometimes even when I'm not touching the phone. Maybe electrical interference with the digitiser?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:29 AM
    I rightfully agree about text selection. Not always an easy task it seems.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:33 AM
    It takes practice and honestly CB needs to do a tutorial to show people how to manage the bubble and text selection.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:41 AM
    What I can't get right is when I want to correct a word that is highlighted in red. If that big bubble is already in the vicinity of the word I want to correct then it doesn't work. Not sure if you guys understand what I mean...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:48 AM
    I have that problem with Remember app.. can't scroll down for some reason.. have to press Enter
    05-08-13 09:50 AM
    It's all about the bubble. Has taken me a little while to get to grips with it but unless you got sausage fingers so should you. Tap 'near' the text you want to edit then just tap either side inside the bubble to move text one space in direction of choosing. If you still struggle I recommend a brain and liposuction. . A calm approach is always helpful and lime I said. Quick taps...

Posted via CB10
    The bubble doesn't help when you need to edit the first letter that is at the left most of the screen its very finicky - at least in the leaked z10 10.1 (Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1483).

What I find MORE annoying is copying and pasting text or URL in the browser, the search box jumps up and down before you can copy or paste within - wtf!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:00 AM
    I have an issue even on the latest 10.1 build where when I try to move the cursor the text selection gets activated, and I can't get out of it. I am not referring to the bubble but rather the two pins that allow you to select text between them.

Essentially I have to try and shrink the pins as best as my fingers can and then make a change so that I can go back to the bubble and move the cursor where I want to go. It's very frustrating that you can't "tap out" of it.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-08-13 10:34 AM
    I have an issue even on the latest 10.1 build where when I try to move the cursor the text selection gets activated, and I can't get out of it. I am not referring to the bubble but rather the two pins that allow you to select text between them.

Essentially I have to try and shrink the pins as best as my fingers can and then make a change so that I can go back to the bubble and move the cursor where I want to go. It's very frustrating that you can't "tap out" of it.
    +1
    I hope this gets fixed in the official release.
    I still don't know what triggers it, though.
    05-08-13 10:40 AM

Try using the ellipses button bottom right hand corner and then in that flow menu deselect should be used.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    05-08-13 10:40 AM
    I know how to use the bubble. But sometimes the text field and the bubble ignores commands. Sometimes it'll vanish, other times clicking a spot instead begins copy and paste. I find Facebook to be the worst app for the text field use. Also, the other issue with copy and paste is also something I meant regarding the whole chore part. It's all over the place sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:36 PM
    According to some replies, it appears some of us do have an erratic text field behaviour. So as with other phone issues, just because yours is fine doesn't mean we all have that parity in function.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:37 PM
    It takes practice and honestly CB needs to do a tutorial to show people how to manage the bubble and text selection.

Posted via CB10
    That might work if it was isolated. It isn't. There's bugs.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:40 PM
    I agree that it's tricky at the edge of text fields. If you need to change the last or first character on a line, there's not much room for error.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:49 PM
    That might work if it was isolated. It isn't. There's bugs.

Posted via CB10
    I never said it wasn't buggy, that's why people should report the bugs directly to blackberry or hope that they read the forums often.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:32 PM
    Try using the ellipses button bottom right hand corner and then in that flow menu deselect should be used.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks - that worked to get rid of the text selector (although I swear there was one app screen I was in where that wasn't an option - but I can't find it to report it). I still feel like a dolt though trying to mash my fingers on the screen to get the text circle to come up when it keeps trying to bring up the select selector. It's a battle of patience, and sometimes I lose.
    05-11-13 11:08 AM
38 12