Dear BlackBerry,

Please fix this problem with z10.

After a call. It just easily redial. It dials a number to easily. Maybe should have some sort of 1.5 long press for call out. Instead of a short tap to call out.
    Also keep pocket dialing sometimes. It been happening from day one.

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 04:24 AM
    Hi there. I too have the same problem with my Z10. When I put the phone down on a hard surface, it opens the dialer and dials a number from my list. Pocket dialing is such a problem that it ruined a relationship for me. I kid you not! I am so careful now to lock using the top button.
    It is something that I would welcome a fix to!!
    11-08-13 05:16 AM
    Yup.. no matter how careful I am.. still happens.. bummer..

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 05:28 AM
    Hi there. I too have the same problem with my Z10. When I put the phone down on a hard surface, it opens the dialer and dials a number from my list. Pocket dialing is such a problem that it ruined a relationship for me. I kid you not! I am so careful now to lock using the top button.
    It is something that I would welcome a fix to!!
    Weird how some people have all sorts of problems and others have none. Mine has worked flawlessly from day one.
    11-08-13 05:29 AM
    I also suffer from the "too easy to dial" problem. Does anyone know of a third party app that would fix this?
    12-02-13 03:11 PM
    my phone tends to call the Emergency button on the lock screen sometimes when it's in my pocket, then I receive multiple calls from the cops =\
    12-02-13 05:18 PM
    That's an automatic replacement for me. Is it even possible this is a software issue?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:39 PM
    'Pocket' dialing and unwanted dialing is an ongoing issue for me too, and i do not consider it a minor one as I often call patients or physicians from my phone. I wish I could remove the shortcuts, especially the phone shortcut - or at least specify which shortcut I would like on these premium screen real estate spots. The redial feature is far too sensitive and i find the most recent number can get redialed simply when placing it face down. BlackBerry really needs to address this.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 10:03 PM
    If pocket dialing is an issue, use one of those case with the magnet.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 10:26 PM
    Delete the recent calls that you made so it has no previous calls there. Does this help? Try it!

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    05-06-14 10:32 PM
    I always delete recent calls to avoid accidental dialling. The phone seems overly eager to make calls :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 10:41 PM
    It used to happen frequently to me. Until I took a minute to watch myself use it when putting it away. I found my palm was often touching the screen and causing them. When I became conscience of what I was doing, it pretty much stopped.

TIP: You can press the power button at the top to turn off the screen. Once you get in the habit of pressing it when/before putting it in pocket, it becomes second nature. Makes me think of a gun slinger putting the gun away.

itsachickthing,

The thing about redialing just by putting the phone face down, definitely should be looked at for accidental finger tips touching the screen. Because there is no hard button to make a call/select (on a Z10), and the screen is capacitive, it just doesn't accidentally push itself against a solid surface like a table. It's touching skin, or similar.
    05-06-14 10:45 PM
    My Q was/is my first touch screen phone, so for the first few days I was pocket dialing like craaaaazy. I quickly trained myself to press the lock button every time I am done using it. Whether i'm pocketing it, placing it on a surface, or clutching it lovingly in my hand. It's like an instinct/reflex now.. I don't even realize i'm doing it. Haven't pocket dialed in months. Someone is probably going to argue that one shouldn't have to go through that "extra step" to prevent pocket dials, but give me a friggin break. Just press the button.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    05-06-14 11:15 PM
    Never had an issue. Can't imagine even how that works?

Don't see how it's a BlackBerry issue though.. all touchscreens should have same "flaw" if you will.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:09 PM
    Never had an issue. Can't imagine even how that works?

Don't see how it's a BlackBerry issue though.. all touchscreens should have same "flaw" if you will.

Posted via CB10
    There are different sensitivities to touch screens and button layout that wouldn't be exactly the same from phone to phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:23 PM