If you have any questions regarding how it feels in the hands, the keyboard or built quality post them up, I'll try to answer them if I can.

I will not be answering anything regarding the OS, all the impressions I got from the OS are already out there, I can't add anymore value to it.
    Last edited by FuzzyFish; 12-19-12 at 02:51 PM.
    12-19-12 02:04 PM
    If you have any questions post them up, I'll try to answer them if I can.
    What's your name? RIM's legal folk want to know why you're violating the nda? :-)
    drum, peter9477, mrzeolite and 3 others like this.
    12-19-12 02:07 PM
    Does E-mail/Messaging provide full support for imap that includes all sub folders?

Thanks
    12-19-12 02:08 PM
    Let me rephrase, I didn't get too much time to dig deeply into the OS or much of the apps unfortunately. Questions I can answer are really more about how you interact with the OS and hardware related.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question.
    12-19-12 02:11 PM
    What's your name? RIM's legal folk want to know why you're violating the nda? :-)
    Don't work for RIM, have no NDA with them.
    12-19-12 02:11 PM
    Does E-mail/Messaging provide full support for imap that includes all sub folders?

Thanks
    Pretty sure PlayBook 2.1 brought full IMAP support
    12-19-12 02:16 PM
    Don't work for RIM, have no NDA with them.
    Does the company you work for? I'm sure it's still of interest.

Great response, BTW! Made me smile.
    12-19-12 02:18 PM
    Can I touch your fingertips and get a Matrix type thang happening?
    If you have any questions post them up, I'll try to answer them if I can.

I didn't get too much time to dig deeply into the OS or much of the apps unfortunately. Questions I can answer are really more about how you interact with the OS and hardware/built quality related.
    Mi.key likes this.
    12-19-12 02:20 PM
    Pretty sure PlayBook 2.1 brought full IMAP support
    tested it with my gmail and only get the primary folders (Inbox, sent, draft, trash). None of my other ones that I created.
    12-19-12 02:21 PM
    Did you get to look at Docs2Go at all? Anything you can share there?
    12-19-12 02:22 PM
    May I ask exactly how you got a hold of one?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    12-19-12 02:27 PM
    tested it with my gmail and only get the primary folders (Inbox, sent, draft, trash). None of my other ones that I created.
    On mine I can see the other folders (aka Labels), and each also has the ability to auto sync. Did you not see them show up, or is the sync just not working?
    12-19-12 02:30 PM
    Does the company you work for? I'm sure it's still of interest.

Great response, BTW! Made me smile.
    Not to be rude, but I'd rather not say too much about how I ran into the phone just to be safe. I will say neither myself or my employer has an NDA with RIM however.

Did you get to look at Docs2Go at all? Anything you can share there?
    I opened Docs2Go, but there was nothing stored on the device so I didn't actually had a chance to use the app.

May I ask exactly how you got a hold of one?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    You know I can't comment on things like that.
    BergerKing and jerryeight like this.
    12-19-12 02:39 PM
    If you were to compare the L Series to a type of meat, what type of meat would it be?
    A delicious T-bone?
    A wonderful chicken marsala?
    Buttery Atlantic salmon?
    Bacon?
    12-19-12 02:42 PM
    Can I touch your fingertips and get a Matrix type thang happening?
    I'm not trying to brag or impress people. Just trying to be slightly helpful and answer some questions if I can, I sure had a lot of questions (mainly hardware and built related) before I got my hands on one.
    12-19-12 02:43 PM
    Do you think the device you had in your hand was the complete finished product, with all "secret" apps in plain view for you to see? IF that was the case you would have easily seen them all within 20 seconds or less, so. ..... If that's the case would you spill the beans and steal BB10's "thunder" prior to Jan 30 2013?
    I'm not trying to brag or impress people. Just trying to be slightly helpful and answer some questions if I can, I sure had a lot of questions (mainly hardware and built related) before I got my hands on one.
    12-19-12 02:51 PM
    If you were to compare the L Series to a type of meat, what type of meat would it be?
    A delicious T-bone?
    A wonderful chicken marsala?
    Buttery Atlantic salmon?
    Bacon?
    bacon of course
    12-19-12 02:54 PM
    Dumb question, and you probably didn't get a chance to try this - but maybe someone can answer...

will BB10 devices need that stupid BB Device Manager installed to access the built-in storage (like the Playbook does)? I find that to be such a pain.
    12-19-12 02:58 PM
    Not to be rude, but I'd rather not say too much about how I ran into the phone just to be safe. I will say neither myself or my employer has an NDA with RIM however.
    Haha!

Here's my real question: Did you like the device and BlackBerry 10?
    12-19-12 02:59 PM
    Do you think the device you had in your hand was the complete finished product, with all "secret" apps in plain view for you to see? IF that was the case you would have easily seen them all within 20 seconds or less, so. ..... If that's the case would you spill the beans and steal BB10's "thunder" prior to Jan 30 2013?
    Hardware was finalized, OS was not. I did see a couple of apps that haven't been talked about much (or at all) previously, but I will not say what they are.

I'm not looking to "steal the thunder" or hurt the company in any ways, shape or form. Personally I had a lot of questions about how the device felt physically, whether I can ditch the QWERTY and go for the full touch, how thick the device actually was, if it had separate contacts for a dock (like the 9900), and if I would have been bothered by the thicker bezel top and bottom compared to some of the newer devices out this year.
    These are the things that I can talk about, not what else RIM will release on Jan 30.

Hope that clears it up.
    Last edited by FuzzyFish; 12-19-12 at 03:17 PM.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    12-19-12 03:01 PM
    How many mm thick is the deivce? Did you get a chance to run any benchmarks like sunspider or browsermark?
    12-19-12 03:03 PM
    Thank you, much appreciated.
    Hardware was finalized, OS was not. I did see a couple of apps that haven't been talked about much (or at all) previously, but I will not say what they are.

I'm not looking to "steal the thunder" or hurt the company in any ways, shape or form. Personally I had a lot of questions about how the device felt physically, whether I can ditch the QWERTY and go for the full touch, how thick the device actually was, if it had separate contacts for a dock (like the 9900), and if I would have been bothered by the thicker bezel top and bottom compared to some of the newer devices out this year.
    There are the things that I can talk about, not what else RIM will release on Jan 30.

Hope that clears it up.
    12-19-12 03:11 PM
    Dumb question, and you probably didn't get a chance to try this - but maybe someone can answer...

will BB10 devices need that stupid BB Device Manager installed to access the built-in storage (like the Playbook does)? I find that to be such a pain.
    I don't know. But I think CB reported that BB Device Manager is going through an overhaul no? Device Manager also isn't the only way to access the PlayBook's storage.

Haha!

Here's my real question: Did you like the device and BlackBerry 10?
    To be totally honest, I was slightly let down. The device itself was every bit as sharp (and more!) as it looks in pictures and the size is just about perfect, I was very impressed with how it looks overall as it doesn't really look or feel like anything out there right now. The closest device out right now in terms of appearence is the iPhone 5.
    I was also impressed by how sturdy it felt, but it was much lighter than I had expected. Picking it up, it did feel premium for sure, but not as much as the 9900 or the iPhone 4/4S/5 does.

The OS itself, it was very snappy and the lose of the trackpad is fine, the digital cursor works well enough that I didn't have a need for the trackpad anymore. I do worry that it doesn't have enough "flash" or eye candy for the mainstream consumer folks who have gotten used to widgets and Live Tiles. Aside from the BB Hub and Peek, the UI was a bit too iOS like to me.
    BergerKing and jerryeight like this.
    12-19-12 03:16 PM

There are the things that I can talk about, not what else RIM will release on Jan 30.

Hope that clears it up.
    Being not a fan of touch screens, I wonder this too. Will the BB10 experience be so good as to make me give up my wonderful Bold keyboard? I expect to forgo the N series as it will not have a trackpad. Was the pop up keyboard that much better than others I've used?
    12-19-12 03:18 PM

Hope that clears it up.
    to be fair id probably of run with `my impressions` rather than `ask me about...` as then you say what you`re allowed to, and dont have to answer questions which cant be answered.

so, on that basis:
    do you like the full touch? would you ditch the qwerty? (i presume you tried only the touch)
    how thick was the device? say in comparison to others. also weight, is it nokia920 heavy or feather light?
    how do the thicker (visually but not really when ya look at phones) bezels work for you? do they bother you?
    how was the `balance` of the phone? was it top heavy or did it sit just right?
    SK122387 and SlcCorrado like this.
    12-19-12 03:19 PM
100 123 ...