I was thinking : picture password is great idea wise but sometimes you just need to be able to pay minimum attention and still be able to unlock. So perhaps make the numbers much more easier to drag?

Also not a big apple guy but one thing they did with ios7 that I love is that it's aethistically pleasing. I checked my roommates 5s and loved the pin-lock..

Wondering if there is a way they could implement such password so that it looks good and still works the same
    Picture password idea-9029613889_67a77fb5f1_z.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:11 AM
    I like your idea of a pocket calculator interface to unlock my phone. /s

Z10 10.2.1.1925 via CB10
    12-28-13 11:29 AM
    What makes the numbers difficult to drag? You can drag from anywhere on the screen, moving the entire grid and placing the number in position, your finger doesn't have to be on the correct number.
    12-28-13 11:40 AM
    The iOS7 implementation is not very secure. I have friends who have had other people peer over their shoulder and learn the pw in 1 try.

Not only that, fingerprints on the screen make it pretty easy to see which numbers are in your pw.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:41 AM
    Thanks genius.. my point is not about the difficulty per se, but I'm speaking on the "aethistical" eye-pleasing aspect. The 100 digits on the lock screen look all jumbo-together. Is it secure? Yes but as I've recently been made aware by my siblings the more digits on the screen, the more the chances of it being accidentally unlocked.

Example, my little brother was dragging the number 1, but my digit is 0... unfortunately the point he dragged the #1 to left one of the #0s on my lock spot.

Perhaps spreading it out a bit would make it More difficult and also less rough.

Again it's just an idea

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:14 PM
    Did you read my post, I'm not talking about the locks.. I'm talking about the way it looks very neat compared to the picture password.

Gosh some of you need to stop feeling like you need to defend blackberry every time. It was a suggestion on how to better improve it

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:15 PM
    I did read your post and it says "make the numbers much more easier to drag", you moron. Maybe explain better what you're talking about and you'll get relevant responses.
    12-28-13 02:24 PM
    I did read your post and it says "make the numbers much more easier to drag", you moron. Maybe explain better what you're talking about and you'll get relevant responses.
    Hey hey, you're getting a time out... behave, gentleman.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-28-13 02:27 PM
    In my opinion picture password is very neat! There is nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I was talking to a Verizon rep and he said that when the blackberry rep was there and showing the picture password that it is nearly impossible to break into someone's phone. The numbers are very easy to drag across the screen. I can agree that the simple password, where you use numbers only can be presented better. If they make it look like apples it will only cause backlash at blackberry but I have no problems with any of it.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:31 PM
    I know how you can make it look really neat.. Put a very nice wallpaper on it!

Z on Channels
    12-28-13 02:46 PM
    Is it secure? Yes but as I've recently been made aware by my siblings the more digits on the screen, the more the chances of it being accidentally unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    This is not mathematically correct. If there is a 1 in 100 chance (for arguments sake) of putting any number in the right location, then:

If there are 10 numbers on the screen, all different (1, 2, 3, .... 0), then your chances would be 10 x 100 or 1/1000.

If there are 100 numbers on the screen, (1-10) with each number repeated 10 times, then your chances are 100/10 x 100 or 1/1000.

If there are 100 numbers on the screen, all different (1, 2, 3...100), then your chances would be 100 x 100 or 1/10000. (and this would take forver to unlock your phone).

The only way that more numbers on the screen increases the probability of guessing your number/location combo is if the number you have chosen is randomly generated on the screen more frequently than the other numbers.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:51 PM
    choose a white-ish background with indiscernable features and you won't notice the numbers as much. you must have a very simple picture if he is able to pick your spot. this is mine:

Picture password idea-uploadfromtaptalk1388263925881.jpg
    12-28-13 02:53 PM
    "Sometimes you just need to be able to use it while paying minimal attention"... Smh what a shame you can't comprehend a simple idea

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:00 PM
    I think you guys still dont understand. He didn't know my number or my spot. He was dragging the #1 randomly but my number is the #0.. but one of the 0s landed on the spot. It wasn't about him figuring it out, it was just there were about 8 different 0s on the screen.
    Picture password idea-circles-1280x800.jpg

That's my pic and I place the 0s on one of the several circles

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:04 PM
    Of course it seems with the latest os leak they spaced out the numbers a bit I might be wrong.. anyways I've had him try to do it again and he failed so I'm not complaining about security honestly. According to my title for the thread, it was just mostly about ideas on how to make the numbers aethistically pleasing while making it just as secure: keyword (just as)

Posted via CB10

^^^edit: after going back and checking the original picture password, it was 7digits in one row so they did space it out because now it's 6 in a row and that makes a huge difference
    12-28-13 04:07 PM
    I think you guys still dont understand. He didn't know my number or my spot. He was dragging the #1 randomly but my number is the #0.. but one of the 0s landed on the spot. It wasn't about him figuring it out, it was just there were about 8 different 0s on the screen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circles-1280x800.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	234119

That's my pic and I place the 0s on one of the several circles

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you're saying, I've actually had it happen to once with a friend testing it my phone. And I agree the lock screens in general could designed a little more attractive looking.

Z30 - The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos - C00016D82
    12-28-13 06:24 PM