Posted via White Z10
    joejuck likes this.
    11-10-13 10:13 PM
    That's awesome. They should have made the numbers a little bit more transparent. Cool anyway.
    11-10-13 10:18 PM
    This is interesting ! And convenient for those that don't want to use a password

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 10:25 PM
    Tat is definitely behind this feature. Keep it up.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:29 PM
    Bump

Posted via White Z10
    11-11-13 09:57 AM
    Nothing more than a little bit of eye candy.

What's needed is a more functional password system.

I want to have a device password on my phone, but I don't want it auto-locking after xx minutes. I only want it to lock when I manually lock it.

My desktop PC has a password set on my user account. It asks me for the password when I turn it on. If the screensaver comes on or the computer goes to sleep, it doesn't require the password when I go to wake it up. But if I lock the computer manually, it requires the password.

This is how I want my phone to work. Why can't we have that?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-12-13 09:40 PM
    I agree you should be given the option. But normally you don't have a chance to lock your phone before it gets stolen...
    spacemanspork and EchuOkan1 like this.
    11-12-13 09:54 PM
    They should have the numbers on a row somewhere on the screen the you drag the number exact where you set it on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:01 AM
    Nothing more than a little bit of eye candy.

What's needed is a more functional password system.

I want to have a device password on my phone, but I don't want it auto-locking after xx minutes. I only want it to lock when I manually lock it.

My desktop PC has a password set on my user account. It asks me for the password when I turn it on. If the screensaver comes on or the computer goes to sleep, it doesn't require the password when I go to wake it up. But if I lock the computer manually, it requires the password.

This is how I want my phone to work. Why can't we have that?
    Till you loose your phone like I did and wish you had a password.

Just make the auto log for 5 mins or longer it's not that serious. Use simple password to access your phone faster.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:03 AM
    I agree you should be given the option. But normally you don't have a chance to lock your phone before it gets stolen...
    I didn't even see your comment but in said the same exact thing. People complain till something terrible happens.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:04 AM
    It's not getting stolen from my desk at home. The manual lock option would be for those times I go somewhere where theft or loss is more of a concern.

If I go out, I'd lock it. If I'm at home, I don't want it auto-locking. It's a hassle and the reason I don't bother with any password.
    11-13-13 02:33 AM
    That's awesome. If someone else saw that, I bet they'd be so confused.

10.2.1 looks to to be an interesting one. Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 02:44 AM
    They should have the numbers on a row somewhere on the screen the you drag the number exact where you set it on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    I see what you're saying but I think the reason it is done this way is because it would be confusing to anyone watching you for a password. I don't even think the gesture would be the same everytime. You just visually see a number somewhere on screen and a secret spot to put it in. I haven't loaded the leak yet but this is the first thing I'm checking when I do.
    Mel25 likes this.
    11-13-13 11:35 AM
    What I really like about this picture lock technique is that compared to the ones we see elsewhere, there is no way to guess your "secret spot" and "secret number " even if someone look over from behind your back. It could even be safer than typing a password... and for sure safer than fingerprint unlock !

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 11:49 AM
    Good one! I guess we need an app to let people know when they can or cannot steal our phones. =0)

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 running 10.2 on AT&T
    11-13-13 11:59 AM
    I didn't even see your comment but in said the same exact thing. People complain till something terrible happens.

Posted via CB10
    Yeap! And also, some how it ends up being BlackBerry's fault. =0)

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 running 10.2 on AT&T
    Mel25 likes this.
    11-13-13 12:02 PM
    What I really like about this picture lock technique is that compared to the ones we see elsewhere, there is no way to guess your "secret spot" and "secret number " even if someone look over from behind your back. It could even be safer than typing a password... and for sure safer than fingerprint unlock !
    I agree, that is actually genius, what I would like to know is how easy would it be to guess it? all numbers are repeated several time in the screen so if I start moving the numbers around wouldn't it be quite easy to eventually hit the spot with the right number? unless every time you take the finger away from the screen is counted as an attempt and you have a max number of attempts allowed? even then it seems to me like it is quite possible someone hits the spot by luck...

I think this is not really secure unless they have an statistical study of what are the chances of getting it by luck... If the chances are very low then another cool thing would be that if someone guessed it then they would not really know the combination so even though the got access once they would not a second time, although your device is already compromised so not relevant at that point...
    11-13-13 12:14 PM
    It gave me 5 chances with the picture and then asked for my simple password, when I put my simple password in it said 6/10 chances. I can't remember what happesn after you've used your 10 chances and how you get in then.
    11-22-13 03:17 PM
    It gave me 5 chances with the picture and then asked for my simple password, when I put my simple password in it said 6/10 chances. I can't remember what happesn after you've used your 10 chances and how you get in then.
    After asking you to enter manually "blackberry" to prevent accidental (say, child ) abuse, if you fail the 10th attempt your device will auto-wipe.
    11-23-13 05:12 AM
    After all 10 tries,
    You have to get your pc ready to restore from BlackBerry link. It wil wipe your device clean. Not sure about your sd card. But in bbos, it'll delete that too.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 05:20 AM