Not sure where to post this...

My BlackBerry Passport is going to explode soon, the earpiece speaker is shot, pixels are going on screen. It's not pleasant to use anymore. I love the working wide but, I see an end in sight.

I have my old Z30 which I loved. However in my stupidity I tried putting the nano Sim in the Sim slot and in the painstaking process of pulling it out, I mangled that Sim slot.

So I'm thinking of grabbing a few Sim slots online and grabbing a soldering gun and replacing it, I've watched a few youtubes so I have my official degree in soldering (sarcasmmm)

Has anyone done this repair before? Any tips or tricks they can recommend?

P.S) does crackberry have a/considered a Repair side to this forum?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 12:43 AM
    the sim slot CAN be replaced. however, i have never done that myself. I say good luck!
    11-30-15 05:25 AM
    I haven't seen any specific videos, but I strongly suspect that the SIM slot is surface-mount tech with many contacts, and would need to be replaced with a hot-air rework station, not with a soldering iron. I've got 30 years of soldering experience, and I probably wouldn't attempt it with a soldering iron. You really want to get it professionally repaired.
    11-30-15 04:15 PM
    All the videos I've seen online either use a hot air gun or a soldering iron and pull the contacts off and place the new one in and resolder. There's quite a few vids out there, none of them seem overly complicated.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 08:42 PM