Hey guys,

Is it possible to use the build in Pgp function between two Blackberry 10 Devices without BES? In another thread i read that this is possible. I want to use the encryption function in Hub diretctly. With the Lack of Hub integration the workflow of apps like PGpgp is terrible.

So far I managed to Import Pgp private Keys which i created with openkeychain.

How do i share an import the public Keys with other people? Where do i find the encryption function in the Hub?

Thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 12:58 AM
    You can use PGP with Exchange accounts without BES, but the performance seems a little flaky.

You'll need to combine your private and public keys to add them to the device, and the easiest way I've found to add other keys is to use the key server they were published to as a download source.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 05:47 AM
    Thanks for your help!

Well, it sucks that only bes customers have access to encrypetd BlackBerry Services. Is there a way to get bes Service for very small groups ( <5 people) without spending a fortune for license, management and server?

Guess my next Phone will be a Blackphone although my Blackberry Passport Silver Edition is awesome (except encryption)!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry, the security company, doesn't support PGP without Exchange.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 04:41 AM
    BlackBerry, the security company, doesn't support PGP without Exchange.

Posted via CB10
    PKI email encryption is always a dicey proposition in terms of implementation. Exchange at the very least offers certificate caches that IMAP, and certainly POP, don't offer as well as the ability to do a translative trust to an internal CA. No other mail format gives you the ability to build such a complex trust relationship without resorting to manually downloading the public keys of other individuals. Even with EAS, PGP still has a way to go in terms of clean implementation. Think of it this way: BlackBerry security with BES is much like a PC on an Active Directory while BlackBerry security without is like a home version of Windows where the granularity and policy structures have been removed.

What do other platforms allow you in terms of PGP with the stock mail app? Even Outlook in Windows needs add ons to support PGP.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 05:47 AM
    Well, it sucks that only bes customers have access to encrypetd BlackBerry Services.
    Just to be sure you understood : Exchange is not BES

By the way, there is still this solution : PGpgp
    10-10-15 10:25 AM