I have taken the time to start an online petition. This petition is to try to force AT&T To finally release BlackBerry 10.2.1 to their users. I am not on ATT nor do I run carrier released OS but for those that do, and are waiting for an official release, this is needed.
    Sign the petition here:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/at-t...share_petition

Posted using my battle tested Z30. What OS I am on is my business, get off my nuts.
    Pdinos3 and Lusitano17 like this.
    03-29-14 09:56 PM
    I'll do it but honestly I don't think they care. I've seen a few of these already.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:04 PM
    It has not hit mass media. Until it does, no action on their part.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:07 PM
    Yea. They really don't care. the death star only worries about phones they sell a lot of. Just buy a rogers sim card and you should get the upgrade. Heck a t-mobile sim should do it too

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:19 PM
    ATT is worse than those Chinese carriers. They would not prevent you from updating your system. And they have nicer reps.
    03-30-14 12:15 AM
    Update with one of the official OSs that are available. I am on AT&T's official and for once am not compelled to update. Everything works perfectly. I have all the Android apps I want sideloaded and they all work well, Netflix, Line, Snapchat, Kik, and I am using an old Android version of Skype sideloaded. The phone works perfectly and reliably. I can make voice calls on BBM, and at this point I see no reason to update, if I did, I would simply use another carrier's OS.

AT&T has always been very conservative with updates. If you go back and read the issues many people had when updating to 10.2 you will see why. AT&T just doesn't want or need to have thousands of tech calls due to an update.

We all know AT&T drags their feet with updates. If you want to update you can do it easily. AT&T isn't going to put an update out just because we want it. They will do it when they feel it is right for them.

I installed many leaks and other carrier's OSs on my older Blackberries, for the moment, I am fine with this. I need it to work all the time no matter where I am in the world. At the moment it does.
    03-30-14 10:06 AM
    Keep pestering them on Twitter, if network coverage is good for other carriers in the area and you are not locked into a contract then head elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:53 AM
    AT&T will not race forward with any software updates unless they solve a genuine issue. It's bad enough dealing with iPhone updates that are forcibly pushed by Apple, and regularly kill or cripple iPhones. If you know that CrackBerry exists, then you have no need of AT&T to update your phone. Is it so hard to back up your phone, and run the executable update software made by RI-err.. BlackBerry?
    03-30-14 11:06 AM
    Yea. They really don't care. the death star only worries about phones they sell a lot of. Just buy a rogers sim card and you should get the upgrade. Heck a t-mobile sim should do it too

Posted via CB10
    You don't need to buy a thing. Why spend more money when you can do it for free. No need to even unlock the phone (which may also cost something).

As Mister Xiado says, look up the beta / leak forums, get an autoloader, or get the newer update files from another carrier through Sachesi and update that way. No unlocking needed, no buying some other carrier sim needed.

My phone is locked to AT&T, with its sim card in place. Updated both ways several times. No problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 02:29 PM
    is this a joke?

signed
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by aboldcurve; 03-31-14 at 12:53 AM.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-30-14 03:24 PM
    Hey guys. What if I request an unlock on my BB Q10? Would it bring me update directly from BlackBerry?
    03-30-14 05:25 PM
    Hey guys. What if I request an unlock on my BB Q10? Would it bring me update directly from BlackBerry?
    Not if you bought it from AT&T in the first place. Unlocking after the fact by itself won't do it. You'd then have to buy another carrier sim card to get that update from that carrier. And it would have to be a carrier with the newest OS.

Unnecessary cost.

Only a BlackBerry purchased already factory unlocked seems to get updates from BlackBerry regardless of sim installed.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:26 AM
    Supported and signed.
    03-31-14 12:37 AM
    Do any of you really think for a second that the folks here at CB, who have built this vast website to bring BlackBerry Users together, to HELP us,
    would demean themselves and ruin their reputation by releasing anything that would hurt the community?

If you notice, the people that always complain about the Leaks or the LINK and always have THEE remedy to fix it correctly.... Are the ones that are always having issues.

How is it that Thousands of members use the same Links and software and never have any problems?

The questions are rhetorical!
    We're here because we know it's a safe place to be and a place we can trust!

Less time making petitions and finding things to complain about, equals more time to educate yourselves on how to use what is offer here to your benefit!
    03-31-14 08:57 AM
    is this a joke?

signed
    Posted via CB10
    Is what a joke?

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-31-14 09:20 AM
    Probably some bugs BlackBerry needs.to.work out. ( wifi absolutely sucks, drops all the time, contacts dissappear ) . Don't blame them for not pushing out
    03-31-14 09:35 AM
    Probably some bugs BlackBerry needs.to.work out. ( wifi absolutely sucks, drops all the time, contacts dissappear ) . Don't blame them for not pushing out
    Have yet to be happy with an update installation. Clean installs work MUCH better, but for the average user that is a a major problem.

I'm not very happy with the Verizon update, battery life went down. Some Android apps stopped working. And my contacts went crazy - everyone with the same address got "linked" together.
    03-31-14 09:39 AM