Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By donmateo
  • 1 Post By eyhab27
  • 1 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 2 Post By walt63
  • 1 Post By AfroZepher
  • 1 Post By Tim-ANC
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Petition|Pandora®: Bring App Support to Blackberry 10!

Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...ry-10-platform

Here's why it's important:

In an email asking about providing an app for Blackberry 10, a Pandora representative responded with this message. . .
    "Thanks for the suggestion. We've been developing for different kinds of mobile platforms for a couple of years now and it's become clear over time that as a small company with modest engineering resources we should focus on developing for major smartphone platforms from here on out. We're specifically looking for platforms that offer a clear path for development and certification, a strong likelihood of being able to re-use our code, and a robust platform lifespan.

That means it's not likely we'll have the resources to pursue developing for your device in the foreseeable future. I understand that may be somewhat disappointing, but we'd rather be honest with you now at the outset rather than disappoint you later on."

I feel that Blackberry meets the majority of the listed requirements and with a with enough people asking for the app that they should make one available.

You can sign my petition by clicking here http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...tition_created.

Thanks!
    Thanked by:
    r0v3rT3N (12-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

I dont really want to click my moto is you in or you out and maybe means you out.They know what BB10 is about they got the notice/memo if they dont want to jump on board F'em.Like many things in this world an alternative will appear by the time they say damn BB10 is great lets build it will be too late we will be rocking to something else.

Major smartphone platform hah put me right off sorry bro I dont do begging im out cant help..
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    I dont really want to click my moto is you in or you out and maybe means you out.They know what BB10 is about they got the notice/memo if they dont want to jump on board F'em.Like many things in this world an alternative will appear by the time they say damn BB10 is great lets build it will be too late we will be rocking to something else.

Major smartphone platform hah put me right off sorry bro I dont do begging im out cant help..
    To each his own . . .To be honestly, don't pay for Pandora and have no intention of doing so any time soon. . . (I probably use it once or twice a month . . .). I'm under the impression that these easily recognizable kind of apps are pretty much expected to be available on mobile devices now a days. I believe that if these kinds of apps are not present, it will deter people from buying BB10. . .IMHO. . .
    With that said. . .more petitions to support!!! If you see fit. . .
    Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    and of course. . .
    Pandora®: Bring App Support to the Blackberry 10 Platform:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/pand...medium=twitter
    CrackBerry Genius

Not sure why they wouldn't seeing as BBOS7 has it. But there's always Slacker, which is not quite as good, it is still very similar.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

spotify has been confirmed for BB10 i believe. once you try out spotify you will never think of pandora again.
    SK122387 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,788 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

And between Pandora, Spotify, and Slacker, only one works in Canada anyway...
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    CHED myself. My still alive!!!

Meh.......if the BB10 browser is even halfway decent, pandora.com will 'git 'er done'................
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Petition|Pandora®: Bring App Support to Blackberry 10!

Apollo on the PlayBook works great. I hope the developer makes one for BB10. The UI could be awesome on the platform. If so, I won't care if Pandora is there or not.

If you have a Pandora account and a BBPB, check out the app.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    Not a hippy, but I do appreciate peace, love, and happiness.
    jonduran86 and osbook like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by walt63 View Post
    Apollo on the PlayBook works great. I hope the developer makes one for BB10. The UI could be awesome on the platform. If so, I won't care if Pandora is there or not.

If you have a Pandora account and a BBPB, check out the app.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    Agreed. . .from what I've read Apollo is being tested for BB10 (http://crackberry.com/apollo-serves-...berry-playbook). . .the app sure does look sort of "peekish". . .
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by lc1412 View Post
    Meh.......if the BB10 browser is even halfway decent, pandora.com will 'git 'er done'................
    +1

The current playbook browser has no problem handling the website, so BB10 won't have an issue. Who needs "apps" when you have what may be the most robust mobile computing platform available?!

BB10 FTW!
    BB Bold 9700 on T-Mobile bridged to 64GB Playbook (The pair handles 98% of my computing needs!)
    Author of BB Boss (dev.bbboss@gmail.com)
    Download the most recent release here:
    All Windows Platforms Version 2.2:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8hj9f0....2%20Setup.exe
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

The android app works perfect on my playbook but it wouldn't be smart of pandora to not support a platform seeing how they have to reach as many people as they can with spotify taking their money
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

The problem is that pandora is US only. And as we all know, blackberry has less than 2percent in the US market. So it may not really be in their best interest. I listen to pandora here in Japan through a VPN just as I do with netflix.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

So i never really understood this logic. . .if I provide a service in exchange for people's money (or add revenue) I would want to reach as many people as possible with my service. . .I get that it may cost more to build the app then the expected income but the way RIM is cutting build time for so many dev it has to at least be worth looking at. . .not to mention that WP8 is getting a Pandora app when they definitely have less market share than BB . . .don't even get me started. . .
    Toodeurep likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

Quote Originally Posted by AfroZepher View Post
    ...We're specifically looking for platforms that offer a clear path for development and certification, a strong likelihood of being able to re-use our code, and a robust platform lifespan.
    The Pandora port works perfectly on my Playbook. It can even access my notifications to show the current song.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

I signed it. Pandora is not the main issue. The important thing is to shout out to the developer community that we want these apps for BB10 and to make them aware BlackBerry will have a strong customer base, despite the spin. We are many and they need to know it.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    Thanked by:
    AfroZepher (12-08-2012) 
    AfroZepher likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ANC View Post
    I signed it. Pandora is not the main issue. The important thing is to shout out to the developer community that we want these apps for BB10 and to make them aware BlackBerry will have a strong customer base, despite the spin. We are many and they need to know it.
    Agreed. . .hit these other ones up while your at it!
    Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices
    http://www.change.org/petitions/netf...medium=twitter
    Hulu: Allow a Hulu Plus app for BlackBerry Playbook and BB10
    http://www.change.org/petitions/hulu...medium=twitter
    . . .Visit this thread if your interested in contacting other devs . . .Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

Trying to bring Pandora to BB10 is fine, it's a pity you're using that change.org site though. I will never use it again.

Created an account for the sole purpose of signing your petition, so they ask for a bunch of personal info which is not by itself a big surprise if they need to try to prove that petition signers are real.

But then they immediately start spamming you, give you opt-out links in the spam that either don't work without "creating an account" there, or only change one tiny part of all their email spam settings without - you guessed it - "creating an account".

Then I find the site is loaded with mysterious offsite tracking services, ie companies that have obscured their domain-name registration info as if they need to hide from everyone they are tracking. (ironic, eh?)

Then after creating an account, like all the other personal-info-wh*r*ng sites before them, they make it hard to find the place to change the email spam settings.

Then to top it all off, I find out that not only are all the privacy protections defaulted to "OFF", but that also includes "allow search engines to index my account", which of course is default to "ON".

I am so f*ing tired of websites that treat people's privacy as a commodity to be bought/sold. It's even more pathetic that websites that purport to be all about "making positive change" are just as bad as the rest of them.
    CrackBerry User

Signed it. Didn't need to make an account.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by eyhab27 View Post
    spotify has been confirmed for BB10 i believe. once you try out spotify you will never think of pandora again.
    I use both, and as a radio station, I think Pandora is better than Spotify, but I use Spotify way more because of the on demand ability.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    Trying to bring Pandora to BB10 is fine, it's a pity you're using that change.org site though. I will never use it again.

Created an account for the sole purpose of signing your petition, so they ask for a bunch of personal info which is not by itself a big surprise if they need to try to prove that petition signers are real.

But then they immediately start spamming you, give you opt-out links in the spam that either don't work without "creating an account" there, or only change one tiny part of all their email spam settings without - you guessed it - "creating an account".

Then I find the site is loaded with mysterious offsite tracking services, ie companies that have obscured their domain-name registration info as if they need to hide from everyone they are tracking. (ironic, eh?)

Then after creating an account, like all the other personal-info-wh*r*ng sites before them, they make it hard to find the place to change the email spam settings.

Then to top it all off, I find out that not only are all the privacy protections defaulted to "OFF", but that also includes "allow search engines to index my account", which of course is default to "ON".

I am so f*ing tired of websites that treat people's privacy as a commodity to be bought/sold. It's even more pathetic that websites that purport to be all about "making positive change" are just as bad as the rest of them.
    Sorry about all that but like hudsong said you can sign without having to make an account. . .to be frank all signing does is send an pre formatted email to the dev with your name on it. . .the number of signatures are arbitrary . . .it just makes it easier to pester Pandora's support email staff. . .lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts

The account comes into play because basically you are forced to create one if you want any sort of useful control over their spamming.

The emails from them had two kinds of links to unsubscribe to the spam depending on which email it was: one just turned-off one specific type of junk ("weekly alerts" if I recall correctly) but no control over anything else, another had a link to control all email notifications but none of that is possible without creating an account first.

Catch-22 of course. And then when you create an account your account there is defaulted to be indexable by search-engines and all sorts of things visible to all sorts of people I have no interest in tracking everything I do there.

So I went to their (also well-hidden on the website, had to have a link from one of their emails to find it) "help and FAQ" page, to give them a piece of my mind. Created a case, then later tried to go back and update it (after I found out new info like the "publicly indexable by default" thing), but lo-and-behold, it wouldn't recognize my login or account info so I now had no way to go back and view or update the case I had just created.

All in all, very unpleasant experience.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts

Co-Developer at JMTK Applications (jmtk co)
    Twitter: @jakemorrison24
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

Pandora released their app for WP8, with ad-free listening through the end-of-year - sucks!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Detective M Downs View Post
    Pandora released their app for WP8, with ad-free listening through the end-of-year - sucks!
    . . .Let 'em know you want an app!!!!
    Pandora Contact Support
    @pandora_radio