Something I've noticed on my BlackBerry Z10 since I got it in January 2013 is in relation to the music app

I connect my phone to my Toyota's headunit when I drive anywhere - the moment my phone connects to the headunit, without provocation, the music app loads up and starts auto playing whatever I have in my collection... Normally this wasn't annoying because the android runtime was so poor you wouldn't dare use Spotify or Deezer

Now that the android runtime is of some use, it's exceptionally annoying to have the music player pop on and start playing over songs you are listening to on Spotify

Is there a way to disable this on the phone?
    08-25-14 06:01 AM
    No. Once it connects, it starts playing wherever you left off. It even does that to me when playing from my SD card.
    08-25-14 06:05 AM
    No. Once it connects, it starts playing wherever you left off. It even does that to me when playing from my SD card.
    Have to admit, this is mega annoying - especially when Spotify is playing a song and then the music player decides to play over what's already playing with something else...

The only workaround is to have no music on your phone in order to enjoy Spotify... I hope that will be addressed in a future update
    08-25-14 06:57 AM
    Every phone does that, my Z30 and my wifes GS4 both launch the music app in our car if you connect it to bluetooth and have bluetooth music streaming selected on the head unit

I don't know if it's a BlackBerry thing or not, but it would be nice if they were able to add an option to not launch the music player app upon connect

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    08-25-14 07:11 AM
    It is your head unit doing this. My car will do this if I am playing music in an app that doesn't register with the OS as a music player (no Play icon in the status bar). If I am using Songza or Apollo it won't open the Music app. It will just send the Play command.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:21 AM
    It is your head unit doing this. My car will do this if I am playing music in an app that doesn't register with the OS as a music player (no Play icon in the status bar). If I am using Songza or Apollo it won't open the Music app. It will just send the Play command.

Posted via CB10
    Auberge this is something that BlackBerry needs to work on the Android runtime I the future maybe... I'll have to nip onto the Beta Zone and provide feedback
    08-25-14 10:04 AM