Got my BB 10 four days ago. That day, I used BB Link to transfer data from my old BB curve and BB Link asked to input my blackberry ID, which I did, together with my p/word. Also keyed in secret question.

Two days ago I went into dev mode and system asked my to create a p/word, which I did. I had NOT set a device password up till then.

Lo & behold, the next time I powered on my BB 10, it asked me for a device p/word! What's going on ?? Fortunately i gambled and keyed in the dev mode p/word and it worked, so that was that.

Last nite, my device timed out and it asked for my p/word. After inputting that, device asked "Verify your Blackberry ID" ! !
    Huh?! Again?? To top it off, the p/word i keyed in was rejected 10 times! Worse still, when i chose to go to "forgot password" the message was

"The value you have entered is invalid. Try again."

Have i missed something here?
    03-15-13 01:41 AM
    The BB Id password you entered in the Link is different from your device password. Generally when you are in dev mode you have to create a password (device password). The device password will be prompted when your device is lock and if you want to unlock your device. I think you might have forgotten your device password. Hope you can unlock it, good luck.
    03-15-13 04:49 AM
    When you set a password in dev mode it makes it the device password (that is if you have no password currently set)
    When you turn of dev mode you also have to go and turn of the device password.
    What ever you set as the dev password is the password you need to unlock your phone.
    007Storm likes this.
    03-15-13 11:04 AM
    I just realized this too. i just want a password on work and was going crazy with prompts for device password every time I picked it up it seemed.

Also dev mode goes back to being off on its own after a certain period.
    03-23-13 08:18 AM
    I just realized this too. i just want a password on work and was going crazy with prompts for device password every time I picked it up it seemed.

Also dev mode goes back to being off on its own after a certain period.
    A week I think.
    03-23-13 10:03 AM