Why is it that a few of my apps (mainly Android based) such as Skype and Navigator do not give me the ability to switch off some of the permissions?

Is there any way to override these permissions?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 04:11 PM
    There is currently no way to alter the Permissions for any Android application, whether ported to BB World, converted to bar file & sideloaded, or direct-loaded as an APK file.
    This is one reason why it's so important to install only reputable apps from reputable sources.

I will say though that most users seem to misunderstand many Permissions. That's BlackBerry's fault for their vague and often off-putting descriptions for most Permissions, and also for not putting info about Permissions into the BB World entry for every single app & game.

Maybe someone can help a bit more or explain more if you get more specific. Which Permissions are you looking to turn off and why?
    05-27-14 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. If I look at apps like ITV Player, Navigator and O2 TuGo, they all want access to shared files. I don't really know why they need this.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 01:04 AM
    You'll need to wait for 10.3 to get control of android permissions.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    05-28-14 01:19 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. If I look at apps like ITV Player, Navigator and O2 TuGo, they all want access to shared files. I don't really know why they need this.

Posted via CB10
    From O2 TUGo Google Play page:

[QUOTE]See all your conversations and calling history in one Timeline, synced across all your devices Use your local address book to contact friends or dial a number directly in the keypad
    Receive visual voicemail across all devices/QUOTE]

I guess they want to give the user the option of storing those visual voicemail on the file system - so they need the permission to do it.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    05-28-14 01:51 AM