OUTLOOK Sync to Z10 with Link - Missing Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Tasks !!
08-02-13 05:42 PM
- Wow. I'm REALLY disappointed that BlackBerry10 does NOT have the ability to Synchronise Desktop Outlook Contacts, Memos.Notes, Tasks, Calendar or Contacts!
This is a HUGE issue for me. Almost a deal breaker.
Has anyone heard any plans to support this? Moving all my records into GMAIL is not an option (a single contact, with multiple phone numbers, generates many GMail contacts, for one thing).
Does anyone have a workaround which does not involve buying an application to store a completely separate contact list on the Z10?02-05-13 06:03 PM
- From: Z10 - Can We Still Sync Our Oganizer with Outlook?
"Step one.. make sure your email provider provides active sync, if not.. your best bet for a free one is outlook.com, but I prefer google apps and don't mind the 4.16/month.
Step two.. log into said email provider using active sync on your z10
Step three.. log into said email provider using active sync from outlook on your PC
annnnddd... done. Now your z10, and outlook will always be in sync, email, contacts and calendars.. not USB cable required and the sync is constant and instantaneous."02-05-13 06:14 PMLike 2
- Hi Kody. It took me 2x (because the first time I wasn't paying attention) to make it work. Did you download/install "Link" for your PC? That is a fast way to transfer everything from your old phone to your new phone. Even Faster if you have 2 USB cables (instead of disconnecting one, and then just using one cable).
Everything transferred extremely quickly after I paid attention to the problem and did it correctly.02-05-13 07:22 PM
- just spent a while on the ph with Bell tech support, and they think the phone is a lemon and told me to return it tomorrow. Was doing other weird things too..............wouldn't set up email for me and when I clicked any icon (like browser) the page went black or white for 3-5 seconds before it would launch. The demo unit I tried didn't do that, was super fast.02-05-13 07:51 PM
- Not everyone wants to sync all their data through the cloud. I use desktop Outlook and have no desire to beam all my contacts, calendar info and memos through a third party.
The lack of true Outlook sync kills Blackberry for me. I'll be upgrading elsewhere when it's time to replace my 9900.02-05-13 08:18 PMLike 4
- just spent a while on the ph with Bell tech support, and they think the phone is a lemon and told me to return it tomorrow. Was doing other weird things too..............wouldn't set up email for me and when I clicked any icon (like browser) the page went black or white for 3-5 seconds before it would launch. The demo unit I tried didn't do that, was super fast.02-05-13 08:33 PM
I sync my phone with Outlook every few days. I'd hate to lose this ability.02-06-13 01:45 AMLike 4
- Hey, there's a 3rd party solution that's available; Sync calendar, contacts, tasks and notes to Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink I haven't tried it (no BB10 yet). Omnitech found this.02-06-13 07:15 AM
- This ability is what guided me to BlackBerry to start with. The ability to sync with Outlook via USB cable without using the cloud. I would lose my job if I violated data policy and synced to the cloud. I'm hopeful that this capability is still in the works. If not, it's BB7 phones for as long as I can find them.
BlackBerry 9810 running Kappa Prime using Tapatalk.02-06-13 07:30 AM
- Yes you can transfer contacts from an old BB phone to the Z10 using Bluetooth. Works beautifully.
My notes and tasks all ended up in BB Remember after using the BB link device switch method, and that works fine for me.
But the CALENDAR??? Where are my calendar entries??? I cannot find a way to transfer my calendar data from my Torch to my Z10 with using google or outlook.com. Why not allow this stuff to transfer over Bluetooth just like the contacts???
I do understand the old wired method to a pc is being made obsolete using cloud services like gmail from google or outlook.com from Microsoft. But to transfer the existing data from one device directly to another - why not let me do it via bluetooth and I can sign up for google or outlook accounts later when I want to???
This is so obvious and is a major pisz-off for me and, judging by the posts online, a lot of other people, mostly loyal BB users. Come on, fix this already!!!02-06-13 12:30 PM
- This ability is what guided me to BlackBerry to start with. The ability to sync with Outlook via USB cable without using the cloud. I would lose my job if I violated data policy and synced to the cloud. I'm hopeful that this capability is still in the works. If not, it's BB7 phones for as long as I can find them.02-06-13 01:44 PM
- This is probably my biggest issue since picking up my Z10 yesterday. I suppose there was a measure of naivete on my part because exactly the same this happened previously with the PlayBook and the same laborious workarounds were touted then too. I guess I expected that BlackBerry has addressed the issue in BB10.
I am using the Calendar Sync and Contacts Sync Lite workarounds to get the data from my Outlook folders to my Google account and then syncing to my Z10. VERY nervous because the capacity of Google Contacts to cause havock in Outlook is huge.02-06-13 01:45 PM
- Well, this is unfortunate. RIM/Blackberry has been very silent on this issue, which has been very public on this site.
A direct, full Outlook desktop sync would have made Blackberry unique. Windows Phone 8 doesn't do it - you need to use Akruto. Android doesn't do it fully - it limites the range of data synced (ie - Calendar entrie max 1 year in the future, etc.), and Categories aren't synced.
Without this I will be re-looking at the other 3 options as replacements for my 9860. I'd been holding out, hoping the Remember app would do this for me. Sigh ...
- R.02-06-13 02:14 PM
- This is huge and I didn't even think to check before I bought the Z10. I am not interested in uploading my private info in order to sync it with the phone that sits beside the computer. That was the Blackberry selling feature for me, the security of knowing all my contacts and Calendar were connected by cable ONLY! This is horrible, I waited a year to get this and now I may as well shelve it. This is the only reason I did not jump ship and get an Android last year. This is horrible, security has just been tossed out the window and the Z10 is just another phone now. BB, you SUCK!02-06-13 05:17 PMLike 2
- Would you desktop Outlook users consider using a conduit? According to what I've read, this seems to a workable workaround. Here's the link: Z10 What happened to sync for contacts and calenda... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
In this site it states: "With Google, you can get a free connector between Outlook and the Google servers for Calendar, but only paid Google Apps subscribers can get the same tool for Contacts. Yahoo claims to offer both for free, but I've tried for 2 days without success to use their servers as the conduit between desktop Outlook and my Z10. Today, I settled on HotMail and their connectors indeed work...I can OTA synchronize, 2-way, calendar and contacts between my desktop Outlook and my Z10 (and several other devices as well). I don't have to use HotMail for email...I can continue to use whatever email service provider I desire and use HotMail solely as the conduit for calendar and contacts.
Anyway, it seems to me that OTA is now becoming the standard for syncing.02-06-13 06:06 PM
- it is so bloody easy If your using outlook on your computer after hours of hair ripping, just use the hotmail connector to pair your Microsoft account with outlook, currently using outlook 2007....download "hotmail connector" restart office and set up your account it's easy......I don't love the fact my information could be comprimised with cloud but it is so much easier than pluging in all the time...although I did use BT but I now like cloud....It is 90% secure using https:
the thing they don’t tell you is if you look at the left pane there is your "my contacts" list that is currently on default to your desktop file, outlook contact list is right under the bloody thing ......ffffffff i just copied the contacts (drag and drop) to the hotmail contact list and darn if I wasn't so happy it uploaded all contacts to my hotmail account and my phone and when I delete it of the phone it deletes it of my computer and hotmail account.......I haven’t done the calendar or tasks yet but I am getting on it asap....this is an amazing phone.
No reason for expensive sync software lets just hope Microsoft doesn’t f-up when they get rid of hotmail and completely change to outlook, or just open a new outlook account.
Hope this helps
Blackberry it would be nice if you didn't leave everyone hanging, at lest post the proper instructions, of course everyone is T'D off frick i almost returned it.02-06-13 09:47 PM
- BlackBerry 10 Phones & OS
- BlackBerry 10 OS
OUTLOOK Sync to Z10 with Link - Missing Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Tasks !!
- By pmp350 in forum Mac UsersReplies: 5Last Post: 08-31-09, 11:35 AM
- By momsmobilecamaro in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-09, 03:52 PM
- By ch411y in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 12-30-08, 10:20 AM
- By Pierrohhh in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-28-08, 04:28 PM
- By hispurple in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 1Last Post: 08-12-08, 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD