Both my wife and I were having all sorts of syncing problems with outlook.com. Our mail worked and our calendars and contacts did not. Eventually I found this thread. We have switched over to outlook.com for the free activesync and while opening the account is asked if we wanted to cannect them from an existing account, in our cases google/gmail. Thinking nothing of this we went forward with it. Bad idea *headdesk*, it doesn't do an export/import behind the scenes it just acts as a viewer to the linked accounts. So when my phone synced to outlook.com there wasn't actually any data stored on their servers to sync with (other than email, which worked). I followed the poster's directions on the bottom of the second page of the thread I linked and removed google (actually all linked accounts) from my outlook.com account. After that I exports google calendar and contacts to file and imported them into outlook.com. Within seconds it was working, sycning both ways. I hope my experience helps someone else, if not, kindly disregard.
    04-20-13 09:16 AM
    Oh and as a side note. I had forgotten gmail did this, but is "remembers" all the email addressed you receive or send whether from a contact or not. This makes for a ton of extra psudeo-contacts. This results in a lot of copies of friends as I'd get an email from their new address, google would create the pseudo-contract, and I'd update the real one. It was really confusing until I was looking at the contacts export in excel and realized what was happening. I always hated the 'feature'.
    04-20-13 09:26 AM