Is this a bug or is the BB10 OS that bloated or does that installation of apps leave junk behind that can somehow be cleaned up.

I added up all the space from my installed apps on App World, comes to 7gigs.
    I connected my Z30 to my USB and I did a properties on my folders and it comes to 2.05Gig, which is actually all that is available. It consists of Video files, pictures, Documents.

That still leaves 7 gis of data, does the BB10 OS actually take up that much space or is ther a known bug and can something be cleaned up that isn't visible to me?

I should mention I have a personal space and a work space as it is a corporate phone.

My other data is 13.6GB.

Thanks!
    12-18-13 10:43 AM
    Any Android apps? They can leave some nasty stuff in the Android folder with some apps leaving like 2GB of data after uninstall

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:52 AM
    Any Android apps? They can leave some nasty stuff in the Android folder with some apps leaving like 2GB of data after uninstall

Posted via CB10
    Hi, nothing side loaded, everything had been installed from Blackberry World. I have no idea how to even install an Android app.
    12-18-13 12:14 PM
    I know the OS is around 3 gb so you have a 4gb mystery
    12-18-13 05:22 PM
    Seems to be a significant problem on BB10 as far as I can see.
    I'm sitting at 10.9GB of "Other Data" on the internal memory.
    When I tried downloading a single 1.5GB video from the BB World to my external card, it filled almost the entire card with Other Data. Only managed half the download before the 8GB card was full. Following other people's advice, mounting the external storage as a USB drive and running a windows check disk, the Other Data turned out to be .chk files, implying that it didn't like something about the card. Deleting these files freed the space up, however it filled back up shortly. The solution was to buy another microSD, which is filling up the Other Data much slower.
    I haven't found a way of cleaning up the internal memory however....
    Seems like both a system level bug with the flash memory, and a feature gap, with no way of clearing it up short of doing a factory wipe.
    12-18-13 05:34 PM
    Anyone come up with a solution? I've heard of people doing a complete wipe of the device as a solution, I'm really trying to avoid that.
    12-19-13 11:01 AM