Hi

I owned the new Z30 and installed a lot of apps.
    Now I have no space left on my device.

Already installed an 64gb microsd, but os is not using them for installing apps.

So what to do now?
    My information was, that BlackBerry os is using my microsd as well for apps.

Some help for that?

Alex

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:47 AM
    The SD cards are for media only.

I would suggest picking the most important apps/games and install those.

Rotate as needed.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:51 AM
    I have a Z30 as well, simple answer is, there is no way to install APPS on the SD Card. (I don't believe this is possible for ANY phone out there)
    APPS can use the SDCARD to store content, however as far as i know the apps themselves can't be stored on there. Maybe a misunderstanding.

I have many APPS as well, inlcuding a few 1GB Games and i'm nowhere near the 16GB (im around 11GB)
    My suggestion is to go thru your File manager and see if there are any TEMP Files or RAM DUMP Files that somehow are stored on the device, move any content that might be saved on the device to the SDCARD or remove some of the APPS you don't frequently used. They will still be available for re-install in BBWORLD under "available" for future re-install, free of charge.
    10-03-13 08:55 AM
    I have a Z30 as well, simple answer is, there is no way to install APPS on the SD Card. (I don't believe this is possible for ANY phone out there)
    APPS can use the SDCARD to store content, however as far as i know the apps themselves can't be stored on there. Maybe a misunderstanding.

I have many APPS as well, inlcuding a few 1GB Games and i'm nowhere near the 16GB (im around 11GB)
    My suggestion is to go thru your File manager and see if there are any TEMP Files or RAM DUMP Files that somehow are stored on the device, move any content that might be saved on the device to the SDCARD or remove some of the APPS you don't frequently used. They will still be available for re-install in BBWORLD under "available" for future re-install, free of charge.
    I think? You can do that on Android.
    10-03-13 09:21 AM
    Yes you can install to sd on Android if the developer allows it. Also big apps like games usually come with a small internal install then the huge game files are downloaded to the sd.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using CB Forums mobile app
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 09:26 AM
    That's pretty good you installed that many apps without other issues. Android allows apps to be moved to sd card. Although I found I got all sort of issues with android if I had too many apps. This happened well before I got to 16gb
    10-03-13 12:25 PM
    I think? You can do that on Android.
    Not anymore. At least on anything past Gingerbread, I haven't seen the option
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 01:04 PM
    Ummmmm uninstall some apps?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:11 PM
    Impossible! NO way there are NOT enough useful apps to fill the internal storage! What kind of apps you've installed?

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-03-13 02:21 PM
    That's driving me crazy too, and I swear I don't have enough apps to fill 16GB. I'm sure something wrong is happening and I'm suspicious about the sideloaded apps. Somewhere I read the the sideloaded apps generate some invisible files that run the memory out... somebody give me some light... please!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:51 PM
    Not anymore. At least on anything past Gingerbread, I haven't seen the option
    I believe you're correct, though rooted devices still have the option.
    10-03-13 03:53 PM