Previously, I had only one hiccup in BB10 browser. This was a sports wagering website (Bovada.lv) which would not allow me to sign in for some reason on my Passport. (It was not user error.)

Now I've started to have an issue with Uber. This has happened twice. When I need to cancel a pickup, I hit the onscreen button to cancel and the browser just starts working -- with the little circle and spinning color inside it -- but it never cancels the ride.

This Uber issue is a real problem for me, but I can live with it. Same with the gambling website. If more of these start cropping up though, it will be a real pain.

Will the browser be the thing that forces our BB10 devices from our cold dead hands? (Or conversely, will this lack of BB10 functionality kill Uber?)
    07-01-16 12:05 PM
    Dead is coming to anything anytime. Even as steel as Superman too had met death. BlackBerry's time is coming. Please prepare my brother.

BlackBerry Z10/STL-001/Bb10.4.1.1143
    07-01-16 12:31 PM
    Software does not necessarily need to die in our lifetimes. If the browser keeps working then I think the phones live indefinitely.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 05:15 PM
    Software does not necessarily need to die in our lifetimes. If the browser keeps working then I think the phones live indefinitely.
    The rest of the world hasn't stopped (and isn't going to stop) just because BB10 development ended. Web standards evolve, new versions of extensions and plugins are created, and things that aren't being developed get left behind. That's the reality of the tech world, and the BB10 Browser isn't immune.
    07-01-16 10:55 PM
    Opera is still available on the Amazon App store.

Eventually the Web compatibility of BB10 will degrade to the point that it is just a talk/text/email device.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 06:49 AM
    The rest of the world hasn't stopped (and isn't going to stop) just because BB10 development ended. Web standards evolve, new versions of extensions and plugins are created, and things that aren't being developed get left behind. That's the reality of the tech world, and the BB10 Browser isn't immune.
    You sound like you are explaining the death of your child's goldfish. I am wondering if this is what is going on and if it is going on with other BB 10 users. These might have been sorts of incompatibilities that existed even at the time of launch.
    07-02-16 05:35 PM
    It's called the "BlackBerry PlayBook effect"... it's Happening

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-02-16 11:18 PM
    The Playbook had a savior -- a browser whose name I forget. It had a rectangular patch on the screen that gave you accelerated scrolling when you ran your thumb over it. It was awesome.

I kept on using my Playbook for another year or two because of this browser.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 06:07 AM
    Haven't noticed anything exceptional. But have you tried going into Privacy settings and "Clear cookies and other data"? Also, as Old_Mil noted, you can get Opera Browser, or if you prefer a BB10 option, maybe try Browsie Browser which will allow you to change the Useragent to something like Chrome or Safari for those sites.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=us&lang=en
    07-03-16 08:31 AM
    The Playbook had a savior -- a browser whose name I forget. It had a rectangular patch on the screen that gave you accelerated scrolling when you ran your thumb over it. It was awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Origami Browser

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 08:33 AM
    Origami Browser

Posted via CB10
    Useless. I've tried that.
    PB browser is dead for most sites.
    tryanfixit likes this.
    07-03-16 09:31 AM
    I had a decent amount of comparability issues and rendering/display problems on my Leap's browser.

Posted via the 5X
    07-03-16 12:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    But in the end it still stopped getting updated. And the tablet became even more useless (and I thought it wasn't possible). So the point stands that unless browsers evolve, the web leaves them in the dust rather quickly.

The stock browser has no adblocking or javascript blocking, which makes it useless for me. I don't need to see full page ads or listen to videos when I'm just trying to read websites. My only hope is that Daan keeps updating Browsie. If he quits that, then I'll have to give up BB10 even sooner than I had hoped.
    07-03-16 12:44 PM
    Origami Browser

Posted via CB10
    That was a killer browser. The Playbook's resolution is now low for any sized tablet, but for a while that Origami browser was fun to surf with. And the PB form factor is mutant now. Not quite a phone but not quite a tablet.
    07-04-16 11:17 PM
    But in the end it still stopped getting updated. And the tablet became even more useless (and I thought it wasn't possible). So the point stands that unless browsers evolve, the web leaves them in the dust rather quickly.

The stock browser has no adblocking or javascript blocking, which makes it useless for me. I don't need to see full page ads or listen to videos when I'm just trying to read websites. My only hope is that Daan keeps updating Browsie. If he quits that, then I'll have to give up BB10 even sooner than I had hoped.
    Android browsers work juste fine too, you should try Firefox.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 03:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Habit browser is nice too. Only one I can't get to work so far is Yandex. I think it must block bb10.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 09:34 AM
    Opera Mini is pretty nice. It's small and fairly fast. You can use the special bandwith saving option to speed it up even further.
    07-05-16 06:00 PM
    Firefox on desktop has gotten really slow.

What runs natively on BB10? Are they all Android?
    07-05-16 10:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    The problem is right now as the BB10 browser still support and renders most sites correctly. The problem is in the future as more and more Android apps will begin requiring higher and higher versions of Android to work. Right now about 20% of people still use devices with 4.3 or under, but that number will continue to shrink in the next years.
    07-06-16 08:22 AM
    The problem is right now as the BB10 browser still support and renders most sites correctly. The problem is in the future as more and more Android apps will begin requiring higher and higher versions of Android to work. Right now about 20% of people still use devices with 4.3 or under, but that number will continue to shrink in the next years.
    By then most holdouts will have switched no doubt. Including me, who loves the Passport form factor. . Since I don't use WhatsApp, a few years is plenty of time. Might pick up the Rome if it sees the light of day. If note, thinking about the Note 7.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:30 AM
    Who needs apps when you have an amazing browser, right? Guys?
    07-06-16 08:33 AM
    I have side loaded Opera and Firefox. This solves the problem of my online gambling website that would not allow me to login using the native browser.

In my limited use so far, I think that the native browser is far superior in terms of speed and utility. It might be premature to conclude this though. If the native browser ever does become unusable, hopefully these will offer a way to keep using the Passport.
    07-09-16 06:18 PM