My phone is the same! I only have 500mb left! About a month ago it happened to me and I deleted the apps I no longer use, good news I got up to 2gb free, I have not installed any app since or have any media on my phone memory but now ive only got 500mb?!

We should have a garbage collection option like in bbos or clear temporary files if it is that

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 04:35 PM
    My phone is the same! I only have 500mb left! About a month ago it happened to me and I deleted the apps I no longer use, good news I got up to 2gb free, I have not installed any app since or have any media on my phone memory but now ive only got 500mb?!

We should have a garbage collection option like in bbos or clear temporary files if it is that

Posted via CB10
    Try this

Clear your browser history and cookies and delete cb10/clear cb10cache within cb10 settings.. should give you enough memory to use the phone to troubleshoot

Clearing browser "cookies and other data " recovers a couple gb's for me. Cb cache was up near 700mb

also, do you use box, dropbox, onedrive apps etc? Read deleting + reboot can recover gb's, (you can reinstall them afterwards)
    05-29-14 09:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's the "other data". It's the cache of all of your applications that you have installed and used since you have that phone. Very disturbing. I think, when you finished wiping, your phone would be perfectly fine. There are other threads on the forum which states typically the same thing.
    05-29-14 09:52 PM
    I have cleared the cache for all apps that had the option but still memory is around 500mb, I don't want to do a security and start over because I had trouble with a restore last time with link

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 05:14 AM
    I have cleared the cache for all apps that had the option but still memory is around 500mb, I don't want to do a security and start over because I had trouble with a restore last time with link

Posted via CB10
    I suggest you uninstall every apps you have, then install it again. It would clear all the data cache, for the apps which didn't give us the option to do that manually.
    06-01-14 10:20 AM
    Just for an update I turned off the option under settings for link to sync to my computer and that bumped me up to 700mb with a couple of apps deleted, just checked it about 3/4 hours and it's back to 400mb?? Some app is eating a lot of memory I only ever go on instagram, Snapchat and check fb/twittter now and then

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 05:45 PM
    Just for an update I turned off the option under settings for link to sync to my computer and that bumped me up to 700mb with a couple of apps deleted, just checked it about 3/4 hours and it's back to 400mb?? Some app is eating a lot of memory I only ever go on instagram, Snapchat and check fb/twittter now and then

Posted via CB10
    Are you talking RAM or flash space?
    06-01-14 05:53 PM
    Do u take a lot of pictures of save a lot of pictures from the Internet?

Send from the amazing powers of the ? Z30
    06-01-14 06:01 PM
    Flash memory/device memory my ram a has been perfect thus far. Want to show if app or system is taking up the most but Been showing loading for about 10 mins now
    OS memory full - urgent-img_20140602_000342.png

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 06:04 PM
    Do u take a lot of pictures of save a lot of pictures from the Internet?

Nope I don't and if I do I save it to my memory card or move it there, I don't have any media on my device

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 06:06 PM
    That happened to my Z10 I had all my pics back up on my laptop then transferred to a media card but then I still have a lot of memory used went to like 12 gig and I didn't have much apps downloaded but I did notice though some apps use up a lot of memory

06-01-14 06:07 PM
    Flash memory/device memory my ram a has been perfect thus far. Want to show if app or system is taking up the most but Been showing loading for about 10 mins now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140602_000342.png 
Views:	610 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	275407

Posted via CB10
    You need to uninstall some stuff
    06-01-14 06:18 PM

Name:	IMG_20140602_000342.png 
Views:	610 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	275407

Posted via CB10
    Don't let the screen turn off while it's loading (or else I'm it will start loading again) If you have to, change the screen timeout settings
    06-01-14 08:07 PM
    Uninstall Facebook, etc. Then immediately install them again. I'm sure it will clear some of your storage space.
    06-01-14 10:19 PM
    Can I save game to media card

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 02:25 AM
    Reviving this thread because the same thing is happening again.

Did anyone figure out what this was.

For some reason my system is taking up 11.9Gb of space.

There must be some error somewhere.

I have attached a screen shot.
    OS memory full - urgent-img_20140921_151845.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 09-23-14 at 07:10 AM.
    09-21-14 07:22 AM
    Ps I have no idea, why that is my signature, trying again.
    09-21-14 07:25 AM
    Reviving this thread because the same thing is happening again.

Did anyone figure out what this was.

For some reason my system is taking up 11.9Gb of space.

There must be some error somewhere.

I have attached a screen shot.

Name:	IMG_20140921_151845.png 
Views:	924 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	299292

Posted via CB10
    I experienced several gigs of "system" space due to a multi-GB file unsuccessfully uploading to OneDrive. Once I removed the file the size of System went down.

I suggest you comb through your file system using something like Ghost Commander to see of anything stands out. Otherwise you may have to wipe your phone and selectively restore some apps and data and hope you don't restore what is taking up the wasted space. BlackBerry has not given use sufficient tools to manage the System space.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    09-21-14 07:30 AM
    There are so many files to check. I have tried arranging by file size to try to find the larger ones, as I thought there must be one which is taking up.most of the space.

Is there anywhere in particular that I should be checking to help me filter out some.of the folders.

I found some large files in the proc folder, but not sure what I they are for and don't want to delete something that could be critical.

Update: I have tried deleting all ads on my phone. Still the same problem.
    I then thought it may be an issue with the emails. I deleted all of the email accounts. Still the same problem.

My phone literally has nothing on it now, and it is showing tha the system is taking up 12 Gb.

Ffs BlackBerry why can't you fix this!
    Last edited by Komoto; 09-22-14 at 07:33 AM.
    09-22-14 05:54 AM
    Hello !

First, check Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor and click on the storage tab.
    Next, open your File Manager app and check the content of the Dowloads folder. And of course, the camera folder and the Videos, Photos, Music, Voices ones.
    If you use a cloud service (box, dropbox,...), check the sync folder also.

Now, don't forget you don't have 16Go, but ~12Go free for your usage.
    09-22-14 09:18 AM
    I agree with joshu42 & Hotfix...
    There's problem in some programs called "memory overuse" or "memory leak" which makes the app greedy! It leaves all the unnecessary files used before on the RAM and overloads it. But since RAM will be wiped upon restart, the problem will be rectified upon rebooting. Flash storage...not! it's designed to keep your files, so apps which use storage instead of RAM 'cause the files they deal with are over the device's RAM size will fill the storage and don't try to tell the storage "I'm not using this file anymore" which makes the OS believe previously used sectors are now free. Did you ever synced a multi GB file from dropbox? Since it does a sync on demand, it won't show you where it's keeping files on the storage... so maybe that's the problem!

From Z10 with love
    09-22-14 10:15 AM
    Hello !

First, check Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor and click on the storage tab.
    Next, open your File Manager app and check the content of the Dowloads folder. And of course, the camera folder and the Videos, Photos, Music, Voices ones.
    If you use a cloud service (box, dropbox,...), check the sync folder also.

Now, don't forget you don't have 16Go, but ~12Go free for your usage.
    I have nothing in any of those folders. All of my media is held on my sd card.

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is an issue with the OS. Some file or app has an error and hogs most of the disk space.

I really thought someone else would have this issue but it seems not.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 12:04 AM
    For the record I have wiped my phone, which annoys me a lot.

With a similar configuration of apps it is now showing as 1.85 GB system usage.

I will try and add things one by one and keep a monitor on it.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved in 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 12:07 AM
    For anyone following this and for anyone that may have the same issue in the future.

I just tried to restore the back that I created of the OS before I wiped it.

I clicked custom restore and under the apps, it is showing that the system applications app is 9.56 GB, so all of this 'data' must be here.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:30 AM
    For anyone following this and for anyone that may have the same issue in the future.

I just tried to restore the back that I created of the OS before I wiped it.

I clicked custom restore and under the apps, it is showing that the system applications app is 9.56 GB, so all of this 'data' must be here.

Posted via CB10
    Hello there, I believe your problem maybe due to having 2 different and separate OS data.

You did an autoloader OS update didn't you? And you probably didn't do a security wipe after?

I use SIC multiwipe before I install any OS to ensure there aren't anymore traces of the old OS before I install the new one.

OS memory full - urgent-img_20140923_153921.png

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and anon(377288) like this.
    09-23-14 02:42 AM
53 123