Hi folks,

I've been having an issue since 10.3.1.2582, I've tried loading the latest 2708 but the problem still exists.

What is happening is when I phone any number as soon as the call picks up there is a couple second delay and then the phone for some crazy reason emits a tone, I assume it's the number pad being used by the software itself.

This is really annoying to people I am phoning and is a huge problem when calling answering machines. It doesn't let the persons message to be played automatically putting me through to record my message

This is a real problem when calling corporate phone systems as on occasion I'm not even able to get through as the system here's my tones, stares that's a incorrect selection and hangs up.

Any help is appreciated folks

Thanks

Rock

From my Zed30 running OS 10.3.1.2708
    Last edited by rockivy; 03-30-15 at 02:01 PM.
    03-30-15 11:48 AM
    i am on 2576 and do not have that issue. maybe time to move back to a better OS?
    03-30-15 12:32 PM
    Not that it would be hard to role back but I'm kinda hoping to either move forward or hoping that somebody has experienced the same thing and has found a solution, I'm thinking it has to be a setting I buggered up somewhere because my hunny has the same phone on the same software and her phone works normal.

There in lies the problem, I don't remember changing anything for the phone at all

From my Zed30 running OS 10.3.1.2708
    03-30-15 01:49 PM
    So I have solved the million dollar question, the problem is because of a bug in the Parrot App, I had that app running n the background and they just updated it right around when the issue started, I have sent in a note to the developer and hopefully they will get back to me soon with a response/fix...etc...

Thanks Jaydee your idea of reloading an older OS was such a scary thought i went into troubleshooting mode and found the problem
    PHughes likes this.
    03-30-15 07:09 PM
    i am on 2576 and do not have that issue. maybe time to move back to a better OS?
    I'm on 2708 and I don't have the issue either.
    03-30-15 09:15 PM
    So I have solved the million dollar question, the problem is because of a bug in the Parrot App, I had that app running n the background and they just updated it right around when the issue started, I have sent in a note to the developer and hopefully they will get back to me soon with a response/fix...etc...

Thanks Jaydee your idea of reloading an older OS was such a scary thought i went into troubleshooting mode and found the problem
    That's odd, I have Parrot as well. I haven't experienced this. I'll keep my eyes open, or ears in this case.
    03-30-15 09:16 PM
    Hiya folks, it appears from the dev response that it was a change to the API that was made in the latest 10.3.1 update that has caused this.

Here is the official from Parrot

"...
    As of OS 10.3.1, BlackBerry made important changes that affected call recording. Basically, when a call is made, all other microphones (such as our app), are muted. The only way to unmute them is either to send a tone(a number press, we use *) or to turn the speakerphone on and off. We have decided to add a tone as it is the only one of the choices that we can automate. Without the tone, the recording would be completely silent.

This isn't our preferred solution; however, we've adapted the app as best as we could to the changes in the operating system.

As of Parrot 2.4.0.4 we allow you to blacklist(not record) certain numbers. Your basic voicemail number (if accessed from the phone app at the top left) will already be added to that list. You can add a number to the blacklist in Settings -> Phone Calls -> Blacklist...."

From my Zed30 running OS 10.3.1.2582
    Magnetox and PHughes like this.
    04-04-15 10:18 AM
    That beep is caused me some of the call recording apps. Funny how apps can change how our phones operate and we are ever so quick to blame it on an OS.

Posted via CB10
    Magnetox likes this.
    04-04-15 01:33 PM