View Poll Results: Would you like a choice for active frames for the phone and search apps?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make active frame for both apps optional

9 60.00%
  • Make active frame for search app optional but not the phone app

4 26.67%
  • Make active frame for phone app optional but not the search app

1 6.67%
  • Don't give an option and just have active frame remain

1 6.67%
    I don't think you have read my post entirely unless things are different in the Q10 compared to the Z10. To start a new search or a quick action all I have to do is touch or click on the search icon instead of touching or clicking on the search active frame. Therefore, if I want a new search or quick action I can do it with out closing the search active frame incase you want to adjust your search which actually do a lot and that is why I appreciate the active frame. However, I do agree on keeping the previous search or searches in a list BUT only if I do a new search incase I needed to.

Posted via CB10
    I understand that. What you're comfortable with is having the search active frame there and not closing it. This gives you the option of starting a new search by hitting the magnifying glass icon, or selecting the active frame to edit an existing search. There's nothing wrong with that, which is why I am advocating blackberry give you the option of keeping it that way versus having no active frame. This is why I don't want blackberry to make you not have an active frame. You are using the device the way that works best for you, and you should have that option available. I would like to not have an active frame that i require to close each time, which is what i believe works best for me. Hence giving the option to make us both happy.
    08-23-13 10:49 AM
    I understand that. What you're comfortable with is having the search active frame there and not closing it. This gives you the option of starting a new search by hitting the magnifying glass icon, or selecting the active frame to edit an existing search. There's nothing wrong with that, which is why I am advocating blackberry give you the option of keeping it that way versus having no active frame. This is why I don't want blackberry to make you not have an active frame. You are using the device the way that works best for you, and you should have that option available. I would like to not have an active frame that i require to close each time, which is what i believe works best for me. Hence giving the option to make us both happy.
    I see. I think you are right. Maybe in the future when the whole OS is more mature. Adding to your point is the fact that blackberry does not focus on the high value of active frames enough. Its like they are used for multitasking mainly and quick information second. Most of the apps you download have no active frame information to display and it's there for multitasking only. I wish they can focus on active frames more than they are now by letting developers be more involved and adding more options like you suggested and the ability to pin an active frame, and auto load one...over all I agree with you regardless of the different points and I believe your opinion, others' opinions, and my opinion should be taken into consideration and evaluated for a better over all experience.

Posted via CB10
    Ammario likes this.
    08-23-13 11:00 AM
    op�tion [op-shuhn] Show IPA
    noun
    the power or right of choosing.
    something that may be or is chosen; choice.

Option | Define Option at Dictionary.com

You have yet to comment about potential solutions mentioned such as closing the app with single gesture which gives you the "option" to either minimize an app to an active frame or close it. Passive aggressive comments do not help your case and weaken your points when you are ignoring replies.
    Doing that is another step. I don't want my weather app to be always on. It takes away one of the 8 spaces. Someone else might like real time constant updates. If I have to OPTION to set it to close automatically, I'm happy, and the person who wants it open all the time is too. If it takes away from my user experience, once again I have the OPTION to change it back to staying on. I'm a big boy, I can decide what I like and what works for me.

I'm not exactly going to phone up 10 friends and just say hey man, I just wanted to call you to tell you I don't like the way the active frames work, but a lot more people ask me what I think of my z10 than do people asking if they can borrow it to try it out. And even then, I think people would be a lot happier hearing that I have set it up they way I like it, rather than, hey this is how it works whether you like it or not, but on the plus side, if you buy one, you can tell your friends the same thing when they borrow yours.
    08-23-13 12:22 PM
    Doing that is another step. I don't want my weather app to be always on. It takes away one of the 8 spaces. Someone else might like real time constant updates. If I have to OPTION to set it to close automatically, I'm happy, and the person who wants it open all the time is too. If it takes away from my user experience, once again I have the OPTION to change it back to staying on. I'm a big boy, I can decide what I like and what works for me.

I'm not exactly going to phone up 10 friends and just say hey man, I just wanted to call you to tell you I don't like the way the active frames work, but a lot more people ask me what I think of my z10 than do people asking if they can borrow it to try it out. And even then, I think people would be a lot happier hearing that I have set it up they way I like it, rather than, hey this is how it works whether you like it or not, but on the plus side, if you buy one, you can tell your friends the same thing when they borrow yours.
    I'm not trying to make a case to you. You don't have any more power to change it than I do. This is my preference and as far as bb is concerned, I'm using it wrong.
    08-23-13 12:23 PM
29 12