Agreed with OP. Pretty useless for me. Maybe if there were some more relevant rules that could be made

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 02:18 AM
    Just sayin'.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I do not use it on a daily basis, but I have sevral contacts where it is very helpful (they tend to send me billions of messages lol).
    01-17-14 05:28 AM
    Ever since "Pinch to filter on unread" appeared, Priority Hub is not so useful for me, personally, but for some, who get a lot more email and a lot of "informational" mails they need to know about but not actively respond to, I expect it's really a great asset. That's not me, however.

Maybe it would be made more useful with a feature like GMail has introduced: "Promotional" emails filter. Sure there are times I want to see what is on sale at Best Buy, but if there was a quick way to flag emails as 'non-urgent' or even "read only: no reply" then that would be useful. I mean, mail you read causally is like surfing the Web, less so like email. So give me a better way to sideline "read only" emails and foreground emails I'm likely to reply to and that would be helpful. (perhaps a script that could scan the senders in my inbox, and compare to the to, cc, bcc, addresses in my outbox, and put mails from senders I never reply to in the "read, no reply required" email? and of course a way to flag mails as one or the other.
    01-17-14 08:15 AM
    You guys need to separate between 'priority hub' and 'pinch to unread'.
    Both are different in functionality.

Pinch to unread or whatever you set it to do..

Whereas, priority hub is where you set the person you put priority to and doesn't want to miss their mails in those pile of mails or texts you receive daily.
    As what I've shown here...
    Set up to the person and whatever text or email you receive from this person will be on priority hub.

[Opinion] Nobody really uses priority hub...-20140117000315.jpg

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    01-17-14 08:37 AM
    I use Priority Hub to enable me see mails, convo and messages from Important Contacts or particular email message.

Quite a useful tool.
    01-17-14 09:09 AM
    I don't use it as a priority Hub. Instead I use it as my "Flagged" Hub. If I need to follow up or remember an email I flag it and it shows up in the priority Hub, it's a quick way to get to my flagged messages.

Posted via CB10
    That's a nice idea, like a favorites feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:22 AM
    Looks like some people are using it.. just not everyone.
    01-17-14 10:30 AM
    I do just saying.
    01-17-14 11:40 AM
    I am in fact still in school. Useful I say
    01-17-14 11:43 AM
    I use it when I want to get through all the BC's and get str8 to my important bbm messages. That's what I use it mostly for, but I use it for emails and stuff also.

Quite a blanket statement for a title probably should be changed. Or it may come off as bait

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    BBM has become the only item I don't put in the Hub, I prefer to keep BBM as stand alone as I find that's where I like to be in total control without clutter.
    01-17-14 11:46 AM
    Right, but it's the same basic principal. Flagging emails or conversations means that it's something of importance. Adding something to the Priority Hub means that it's something of importance. Not a big difference.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    Same basic principal? Bollocks. To flag a message you need to go to the message and flag it. Why not just go to the message and action it so you never have to go to it again?

Priority hub brings messages to your attention. Flagged messages have already had your attention. HUGE difference.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    01-17-14 11:53 AM
    I tried to use it but I love the pinch to filter the unread messages in the hub in the new leak

Posted via CB10
    THAT is the most awesome feature... I use it all the time!
    01-17-14 12:31 PM
    I use the pinch gestures more than I do priority hub.
    01-17-14 01:20 PM
    It's funny how people decides to open a thread and say that no one uses something just because he/she doesn't use it!!
    It's a forum. People *LOVE* to act as though their opinions are facts and that everyone behaves the same way as they and their tiny social circle do. It's like the debate over cross-platform BBM last year. I could hear my statistics professor rolling over in his grave every time someone said, "Everyone who bought a BlackBerry in my country did so because of BBM".("Didn't know you knew millions of people that well ...")

At least "opinion" is in the title, so kudos to the admin or the OP for putting it there

Back on topic, I use it a bit.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-17-14 02:08 PM
    I use it pretty often. I receive a lot of emails from my boss and coworkers so I make everyone at work a priority contact then I just use the pinch feature to quickly get to all related BBM/email/text messages from work. It's like having the BlackBerry Balance but I don't have enterprise! (or separate home screens)

Speak for yourself buddy.

C00270EBC check out my Tattoo channel! Brought to you by Laughing Buddha Tattoo and Body Piercing
    01-17-14 03:01 PM
    Pinch Gesture in the Hub. It had appeared a couple of times on 10.1 and 10.2, but was always non functional
    Come 10.2.1 leaks it got fully implemented and it basically allows you to see a lot of messages together quickly. You just pinch on the screen with two fingers facing in and it filters your messages depending on what filter you have it set by (could be either unread messages, priority messages or flagged messages and there are a couple more). Really useful feature! BlackBerry Hub Gets "Pinch to Filter" Gesture in Latest 10.2.1 Leak (Unread Messages!) - BerryReview

Priority Hub is pretty useful when you mail important stuff to yourself. That's pretty much my main use for it

Posted via CB10
    Woah! That's awesome! When I pinch from any portion of the Hub, it sends me to my Priority Hub. Thanks!
    01-17-14 06:20 PM
    I use Priority Hub to enable me see mails, convo and messages from Important Contacts or particular email message.

Quite a useful tool.
    I use Priority Hub as a central place for all the important people or communications eg boyfriend, close family, daughter's school, etc. Kind of like a Hub within the Hub. In fact, I leave the Hub sitting with Priority Hub open all the time and go to non-priority contacts/communications when I have time.
    01-17-14 06:28 PM
    I'm not reading through the whole thread to see if anyone mentioned this, but it isn't just for email. Flag anything (except notifications) and/or anyone as a priority and they'll all be there no matter what account that conversation, email, or contact is attached to. View just the BBM, texts, Facebook, email, whatever that you want without switching to the account itself - it's an additional shortcut/filter.

I noticed on the first page it appears there's a few people thinking it's just for email. It's not.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 06:42 PM
    I'm not reading through the whole thread to see if anyone mentioned this, but it isn't just for email. Flag anything (except notifications) and/or anyone as a priority and they'll all be there no matter what account that conversation, email, or contact is attached to. View just the BBM, texts, Facebook, email, whatever that you want without switching to the account itself - it's an additional shortcut/filter.

I noticed on the first page it appears there's a few people thinking it's just for email. It's not.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'll admit I don't really know how to use it extensively. This thread has changed my mind. Lol.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-18-14 01:52 AM
    err.. you might not. I might not, but a whole bunch of my customers (enterprise customers) use it to filter the view to show only flagged messages. For C-level staff who receive tonnes of email, this is a great way to use priority hub. The ESO or Admin person flags important messages, and the executive simply views the priority hub to find them.

Sorry, I forgot to put the /sarcasm tag on there... If I haven't already explained it concisely on this thread before: The NUMBER ONE reason I got rid of my Samsung phone for my BB10 phone was because the Samsung took over 10 (ten) seconds for it to go to the dial when I hit the "phone" button. It is NOT an uncommon problem on Android phones.

My main use of my phone is for communications. Mostly as a telephone, but also (since it is there!) email, texting, browser based communications, etc, etc. But MOSTLY as a phone. How you described your customers is exactly how I use mine. My sarcasm comes from so many kids I run into at school who seem to use their phone for everything EXCEPT as a phone.
    01-19-14 12:19 PM
    Just sayin'.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you shouldn't have lol. I use priority HUB daily.

Posted via Q10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-19-14 12:28 PM
146 ... 456