Hey everyone.

Since updating to the 10.1 MR, my BBM contacts have been a bit screwed. All my contacts were linked properly. But after updating to 10.1 MR, not all of my BBM contacts were recognized.

This was annoying because they present in BBM, but since they weren't in my Contact app, I couldn't use an Instant Action "bbm [name]" to quickly send a message. It had the "invite to BBM" button in their contact profile. Even if I tried to re-invite them, nothing happened.

When I updated to 10.2.1, the problem still persisted.

I tried erasing all of my local contacts (contacts were only stored locally and not saved via cloud like Gmail or Hotmail), I rebooted my phone. I thought this would fix all the corrupt contact links, but I still only have 9 contacts in my Contact app, but 38 in my BBM app. The 9 contacts are new bbm contacts (people who have iOS or Android), however 1 or 2 have BB10 as well.

Any ideas on how to fix this mess??

Posted via my Q10
    01-29-14 07:12 AM
    Bump!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I really hope I don't have to do a wipe and start from scratch...
    01-29-14 08:44 AM
    Can anyone help or give me some advice???

I've emailed the people at BBM, tweeted @BlackBerryHelp, and made this post, but no one has replied.

Posted via my Q10
    01-29-14 09:13 PM
    I had a similar problem and what I found was my BBM contacts sometimes doubled in another contact.

Although very time consuming I just unlinked the contact and linked it to the proper one

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:18 PM
    I had a similar problem and what I found was my BBM contacts sometimes doubled in another contact.

Although very time consuming I just unlinked the contact and linked it to the proper one

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work. I went through all of my contacts one by one and none of them were doubled.

I unlinked all of my bbm contacts from my local contacts. In the Contacts App, when I select "BBM Contacts" from the left tab, it says I have 9 BBM Friends and 12 Suggested Contacts. Most of the suggested contacts are already my bbm friends.

And what's even more screwed up is that when I go into my BBM app, I have a total of 28 contacts in total.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via my Q10
    01-29-14 09:54 PM
    So the people at BBM got back to me...

They said that I should reload my device software by following these steps. http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Should reload my device software and then use the backup to restore? Or should I just do a security wipe and start from scratch?

I'm afraid that if I reload the OS and then use my backup to restore, that it's going to restore my phone with the same problem and not fix any issue.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Posted via my Q10
    01-30-14 05:43 AM