Ok, so, my company will not be supporting BlackBerry 10. It's a long story and don't want to go there. It's just not going to happen. So, if I get a new Q10 (want one badly) I am only left with online web access to my company e-mail. Couple questions:

1) Will BB10 remember my username and password? I plan to save a link to my app screen that takes me directly to my company's webmail, but I don't want to have to type my username and password every time. If it can't do this, are there any apps that can?

2) Is there any way to push my OWA to the HUB or the red notification LED, so I know when I have new e-mail? Any apps that do this?

3) What would be the best way to sync my work calendar (Lotus Notes) to my device?

TYIA,
    06-18-13 04:53 PM
    Come on guys, any help?

No one has creative ideas? Aware of a launcher or app that can do this? It's going to kill me if I have to switch to android or ios but I need a reliable way to quickly check my work e-mail, and since my company won't support BB10 I'm left with online web access.

I appreciate any/all ideas!

Thanks,
    06-19-13 04:25 PM
    Is it owa through outlook? If so you should be able to activate it yourself unless your company exchange settings prevent it. There is no need to bes your phone in that case and they can set it up the same way they use iphones or droids.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 05:33 PM
    Is it owa through outlook? If so you should be able to activate it yourself unless your company exchange settings prevent it. There is no need to bes your phone in that case and they can set it up the same way they use iphones or droids.

Posted via CB10
    No, online web access is through Lotus Notes. Any I work for a large company so I need to be careful following their rules. If I were to set it up myself I could possibly get in trouble. And yes, our company supports iOS and Android but they will not support BB10, even though they could do it the same was they do iOS and Android. I fought the good fight but I lost.
    06-19-13 06:49 PM
    I wonder if you could do something with the Runtime to make it seem like your Q10 is an Android

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    06-19-13 08:25 PM
    First of all BB10 will prompt you to save login credentials.

Online Web Access - Save Login Credentials or Push to Hub?-img_00000449_edit.png

Also, my company also uses owa and I was able to set up my email through Exchange active sync.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 09:17 PM
    First of all BB10 will prompt you to save login credentials.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000449_edit.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	174014

Also, my company also uses owa and I was able to set up my email through Exchange active sync.

Posted via CB10
    My fianc� has a Z10 and I've tested it with my companies online web access. It does not ask her to save login credentials. I believe this is a security-type feature with the web access website.

If you set up your e-mail through exchange active sync, does your company know you did that? I was told that BB10 devices are not supported. However, if EAS just essentially gathers e-mail from webmail and pushes it to the HUB, I don't think that would be an issue. Because, my company told me I could buy any device I wanted, but if it's not supported to use online web access.

My company uses Mobile Iron and Touchdown to administer iOS and Android devices (that use EAS) so I don't think just setting up EAS will work for me, or if I do, they'd probably find out and I'd get in trouble.
    06-19-13 10:43 PM
    I wonder if you could do something with the Runtime to make it seem like your Q10 is an Android

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    Yes. I side-loaded Mobile Iron and installed Touchdown (what my company uses to admin iOS and Android devices) and set up everything properly. Once the IT guys activated it the device showed up as a Z10, and the higher-up IT guys made them deactivate it since it was a BB and not supported (even though Mobile Iron and Touchdown worked perfectly).
    06-19-13 10:45 PM
    My fianc� has a Z10 and I've tested it with my companies online web access. It does not ask her to save login credentials. I believe this is a security-type feature with the web access website.

If you set up your e-mail through exchange active sync, does your company know you did that? I was told that BB10 devices are not supported. However, if EAS just essentially gathers e-mail from webmail and pushes it to the HUB, I don't think that would be an issue. Because, my company told me I could buy any device I wanted, but if it's not supported to use online web access.

My company uses Mobile Iron and Touchdown to administer iOS and Android devices (that use EAS) so I don't think just setting up EAS will work for me, or if I do, they'd probably find out and I'd get in trouble.
    The screen shot I posted was from when I logged in to my owa so it does work for me. As for EAS, yes my work gives instructions for setting up the account. It is similar to iPhone. The e-mail is pushed and synced to the hub as are notes and calendar. Contacts are accessed through the gal.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 11:09 PM