I have been using OneDrive and thought it was great, but I've noticed some of my photos don't sync. Not all, just the odd one here and there. I couldn't figure out why but I looked at the app and it says in small writing at the bottom of the main screen "Files will never sync when you are roaming".

I'm now thinking that the files that have synced are when I'm on wifi and the ones that haven't are when I'm away from wifi. I have been roaming for the entire time so it can't have anything to do with my home network. Does anyone know if this is true? Or is there a way to switch off the function to stop it uploading when roaming? I had assumed it would just queue the pics until a wifi network was found and then sync but that's certainly not how mine has been performing.

Thanks
    08-07-14 10:05 AM
    Open "Connect to Dropbox" and ensure "Use Cellular Network" is toggled to ON. That may be the problem.
    08-07-14 10:54 AM
    Thanks but it's on already, - it is the sync when roaming that is the problem, not sync on cellular. It clearly says it won't do that (roaming), which I can understand, but when you get back on wifi it doesn't then sync the photos taken whilst roaming which I would have thought it would.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 03:33 AM
    If you swipe down from the top of the app, you have the option to do a manual sync. That may be your best option, though I would think that once you take a picture in an area with network coverage that it would also sync any older photos that haven't been synced before.
    08-08-14 09:10 AM
    I've tried the manual sync and that doesn't sync them either. It just tells me everything is synced. I've tried just using manual sync and not the automatic upload and even then, on wifi, it still misses some out. I can't figure out why though.

Does anyone else use this successfully manually?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 02:50 PM