Hi all,

I've got one email notification on my home screen that just won't die. I've tried resetting the hub several times and have restarted the phone. I've also marked all emails read on an account which has been removed from the phone but still shows in the hub.

Any suggestions as to what else I could try? (Wiping the phone and starting again isn't really an option)

Thanks for looking
    02-28-13 04:11 AM
    I had it with mine too. It disappeared after I received another message in that account and I read that. Maybe re-input that email account you deleted and send yourself a message to read?
    02-28-13 04:46 AM
    The problem there is I've migrated my email address to a new provider so can't use that account any more

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 06:31 AM
    I'm guessing the old trick of a 30 second battery pull didn't help?
    02-28-13 07:05 AM
    Just tried a full minute, still there

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 07:53 AM
    Swipe to right so you can see you hub accounts, scroll down to find which account has that unread email, then go in that account and scroll down to find the unread email.
    02-28-13 08:07 AM
    I've already deleted one account so it shouldn't even be showing in the hub (but is). Any emails I click on from that account can't be read but I've already logged into the account online & marked all messages as read, there's no unread emails on any active accounts either.

Edit: Found some unread items in some folders, will see if that makes a difference
    02-28-13 08:18 AM
    I'm having the very same problem and it started when I upgraded to the latest OS. Two unread appear on my screen and its very irritating. I've cleared out the email account so there's nothing in there but still the same 2 unread icon. So I reverted to the older OS, still there. I've gone to search by> advanced>....etc...still there. I've updated the OS, still there. I've deleted the email account (hotmail)...still there. I've put the email account back....still there.

Surely somebody can do something? The Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is looking very attractive right now....!
    02-04-14 09:07 AM
    They're gone!

I touched the icons and the drop down menu which appeared subsequently showed two emails (from 2006 ) which are in none of the accounts supported on my phone. I touched them to open them one was blank and the other was some kind of welcome from Blackberry. But as a consequence of opening them the icons disappeared! I assume they some kind of systems emails or something, who knows, but I'm so glad they've gone. I slept soundly last night for the first time since upgrading my OS and my dreams were no longer naughty ones about the Galaxy S4 mini....for now anyway....
    02-05-14 04:54 AM