I am on T-Mobile here in Chicago. I have a Z10 and I used Sachesi to upgrade to 10.3.1 today. Used Rogers in Canada to get the files, I had wiped the phone before installing. Worked like a charm.
    02-23-15 06:36 PM
    For your consideration

Attachment 336332

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3442/CB10

This is like a hint "don't use a leak" but I am curious, what exactly is preventing the release to be global?
    Is it because carriers require certain testing first, then they allow their customers to get the update because they don't want their customers questioning what is going on with new update?
    This makes no sense, because those who bought from shopblackberry unlocked are not even getting the updates either.
    02-23-15 07:35 PM
    Yes, couldn't wait any longer. Not having any issues. Just use Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, so you used Bell release 10.3.1.1581 on your STA 100-5?
    I think I'll just do that.
    02-23-15 07:36 PM
    This is like a hint "don't use a leak" but I am curious, what exactly is preventing the release to be global?
    Is it because carriers require certain testing first, then they allow their customers to get the update because they don't want their customers questioning what is going on with new update?
    This makes no sense, because those who bought from shopblackberry unlocked are not even getting the updates either.
    Hey, I don't understand either what's going on. I'm one of those who bought a shop BlackBerry unlocked device and have not gotten the update. If this delay or whatever it is has something to do with they encountering some flows in the OS I have no problem but who knows.
    Regards

02-23-15 07:51 PM
    I had my z10 on bell. Unlocked it and gave it to my gf when I got the passport. She got her wind update over the weekend here in toronto

Posted via CB10
    Wow, good for her, we still have no news yet.
    02-23-15 07:54 PM
    I hope to have the update by the end of the week.... otherwise it's really no point in buying from shop blackberry when them and the carriers release at the same time, lol might as well buy the phone a bit cheaper.

Posted By My BeastBerry
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    02-23-15 08:07 PM
    Still wondering, shouldn't factory unlocked devices get updates from BlackBerry directly? This is getting old, if nothing happens by this weekend, then I'll just load the "official leak" and be done with it.
    02-23-15 09:17 PM
    Still wondering, shouldn't factory unlocked devices get updates from BlackBerry directly? This is getting old, if nothing happens by this weekend, then I'll just load the "official leak" and be done with it.
    Exactly, they should be the ones getting it first, but I think it has something to do with carriers putting some crap on the devices once their SIM is installed, and this messing with the device update receiving schedule.
    I bought STA 100-5 unlocked with originally Claro branding, for some reason ever since I put AT&T SIM in it, now the opening animation is showing AT&T. It didn't help to remove SIM and check for update either.

I hope to have the update by the end of the week.... otherwise it's really no point in buying from shop blackberry when them and the carriers release at the same time, lol might as well buy the phone a bit cheaper.

Posted By My BeastBerry
    The problem is, carrier is charging more (unless you are signing or extending your contract)

Hey, I don't understand either what's going on. I'm one of those who bought a shop BlackBerry unlocked device and have not gotten the update. If this delay or whatever it is has something to do with they encountering some flows in the OS I have no problem but who knows.
    Regards

I agree, but if they had flaws/problems, it should have been reported by Bell and Rogers users, are there any major problems besides "flickering" issue and low sound issue, what else is reported?
    02-23-15 11:05 PM
    And ... still nothing for my ShopBlackberry Z10 or Z30. Dang.
    02-23-15 11:08 PM
    Exactly, they should be the ones getting it first, but I think it has something to do with carriers putting some crap on the devices once their SIM is installed, and this messing with the device update receiving schedule.
    I bought STA 100-5 unlocked with originally Claro branding, for some reason ever since I put AT&T SIM in it, now the opening animation is showing AT&T. It didn't help to remove SIM and check for update either.
    We have one factory unlocked Z10 that never had a carrier sim in it, only using WiFi. It hasn't received the update yet either.
    02-23-15 11:20 PM
    I think you are correct in this - my factory unlocked SQN100-5 was showing the Rogers branding even without the SIM card and I wasn't getting any update notification... Blew away the branding with the help of a dummy SIM card and the update showed up. Rocking 10.3.1 now, no need to wait for T-Mobile, Videotron, or any of the other -5 carriers to release it. The Rogers Q10 isn't the -5 variant so I think that's why I wasn't getting the update, even though they have released it for their Q10.

I mentioned elsewhere, if you can get a SIM card for a carrier that has released 10.3.1 your particular model variant, you should be able to grab the update (caveat: tested on official builds/unlocked devices)
    ayd33un likes this.
    02-23-15 11:20 PM
    I think you are correct in this - my factory unlocked SQN100-5 was showing the Rogers branding even without the SIM card and I wasn't getting any update notification... Blew away the branding with the help of a dummy SIM card and the update showed up. Rocking 10.3.1 now, no need to wait for T-Mobile, Videotron, or any of the other -5 carriers to release it. The Rogers Q10 isn't the -5 variant so I think that's why I wasn't getting the update, even though they have released it for their Q10.

I mentioned elsewhere, if you can get a SIM card for a carrier that has released 10.3.1 your particular model variant, you should be able to grab the update (caveat: tested on official builds/unlocked devices)
    Thanks vikatordacow!!

I have been patiently waiting for an update on my Z30 via Rogers. Tried your method with an out of country SIM card, rebooted the phone and BAM! Downloading the update as we speak!
    02-24-15 12:12 AM
    I didn't get 10.3.1 update to my BlackBerry z10 factory unlocked international stl 100-1 model please help me how to get update

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:40 AM
    Nothin - Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3442 - unlocked

Posted via the best phone evarrrrrr!
    02-24-15 03:21 AM
    It worked, it worked!!!!!
    Ok so I have a bell unlocked z10 but living in Colombia on Movistar at the moment and it received the update a few days ago.
    My unlocked shopblackberry Z30 on movistar, no luck as of yet.
    .....until, I saw another post explaining as follows...... i shut down the phone, pulled the sim card, restarted, checked software update(twice, first check just spun endlessly) and BOOM there it was, downloading now!
    Don't know if this is fool proof but sure worked for me, give it a try for all the shopblackberry unlocked z30's out there!!!!!
    Official "OMG I didn't get 10.3.1 yet!" Thread-img_20150224_052503.png

Robertino BB-Z30
    Last edited by DrRobertino; 02-24-15 at 04:49 AM.
    Shazalia likes this.
    02-24-15 04:30 AM
    I am on T-Mobile here in Chicago. I have a Z10 and I used Sachesi to upgrade to 10.3.1 today. Used Rogers in Canada to get the files, I had wiped the phone before installing. Worked like a charm.
    Which version of z10 do you have?
    02-24-15 07:02 AM
    I didn't get the update either on a Q10 SQN100-5 on the Orange network in Romania.
    I constantly hit the "Check for updates" button, but it keeps saying that I have the latest software - 10.2.1.3062.

I have been patiently wainting since 19th february, but my patience started to run out. Orange Romania said to wait for it, but the other users with the same model as mine got it. I'm going to proceed the same way as one of the users said above, by replacing my Orange SIM with sim-card from another network.

Later Edit:
    It didn't work with a Vodafone Romania sim-card and neither with two-us sim-card, one on H2O and one on AT&T. Sometimes, after stressing out the "Check for updates" button, it loads forever (that animation continues spinning on and on an on).
    Last edited by dvsn; 02-24-15 at 08:37 AM.
    02-24-15 08:09 AM
    It worked, it worked!!!!!
    i shut down the phone, pulled the sim card, restarted, checked software update(twice, first check just spun endlessly) and BOOM there it was, downloading now!
    Don't know if this is fool proof but sure worked for me, give it a try for all the shopblackberry unlocked z30's out there!!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150224_052503.png 
Views:	606 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	336475

Robertino BB-Z30
    Yep, that worked for my Z30 that I bought from ShopBlackberry too. Shut the phone down, pulled the SIM, restarted the phone without any SIM, and it detected the software update. (connected via wifi of course). Or can probably use Blackberry Link software too.
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    02-24-15 11:18 AM
    Michael Clewley Twitter : New Info

(ShopBB purchased and not got update? Power off, remove sim, restart wifi only. Check for updates. Power off, re-insert sim, continue.)

Well, I did that and nothing
    Regards
    02-24-15 11:32 AM
    Thanks so much!! Just tried this on my unlocked Z30 and it's downloading as we speak
    02-24-15 12:01 PM
    anyone know if FIDO in Canada will be making the 10.3.1 update available for Z30. Z10 is there, but not Z30
    I have the same question as I am a Fido customer. Actually put the (from BB shop, unlocked) Z30 away, and got out my old iPhone 4S running OS 6.1.3. Why? Because I grew weary of constantly checking "Software Update." I'll get it out in a week again & check then. If still no, then I'll wait until April & see if Fido / BB, can make of me Poisson d'Avril.. :P
    As for iPhone I will never update it. iOS 7 and 8 are a childish disaster.
    02-24-15 12:54 PM
    Any news on Verizon in the US? My z10 isn't showing anything yet....I'm dying of impatience

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:05 PM

(ShopBB purchased and not got update? Power off, remove sim, restart wifi only. Check for updates. Power off, re-insert sim, continue.
    I just did this on my factory unlocked Z10 and Q10 from ShopBlackBerry and no update was received here in Colorado.

Come on BlackBerry, get your freakin act together!!!

Bob

Posted Via CB10 With One Of My Unlocked BlackBerrys >Q10-SQN100-5/10.2.1.3442>Z10- STL100-3/10.2.1.3337 On AT&T
    02-24-15 02:12 PM

Thanks. Glad to see it helped you.
    In my case I tried and nothing happened of course I don't have another sim st this size to try. I do have a couple of t-mobile and straight talk Sims I wonder if they would help. Will try.

As for testing without sim, nothing happened but maybe I should have tried couple of times.
    Wife's z10 is same, though hers is att branded z10 with straight talk under tmo service.
    02-24-15 02:35 PM

(ShopBB purchased and not got update? Power off, remove sim, restart wifi only. Check for updates. Power off, re-insert sim, continue.)

Well, I did that and nothing
    Regards
    I don't use twitter but I'd I did, I'd be asking him what is the reason for carriers blocking the update on devices, especially devices that are not under contract.

Also, why can't BlackBerry just send updates directly to customers?

Things are different for android since there are so many variants and most carriers sell their own versions so there is some potential risk breaking the device I'd the update doesn't include specific software for that particular hardware, but it's not the case for BlackBerry devices.

It's such a shame that millions of users have no idea there is a better software and they are not even getting it.
    BBCa likes this.
    02-24-15 02:52 PM
755 ... 1920212223 ...