Hmmm wonder what is in these boxes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Official CrackBerry BlackBerry 10 Waiting Room Thread!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    01-30-13 05:46 AM
    is the z10 limited to 16 gig or are they ones for higher capacity
    we THINK there will just be a 16gb model. but it will have an sd slot that you can expand another 64gb atleast!
    darylalbert likes this.
    01-30-13 05:47 AM
    Hmmm wonder what is in these boxes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    z10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    G-bone!!!

hows it going???

did you dream of z10 or x10?
    I keep poppin' in and out of here 'cause I am writing one b!tch.of a paper on ethics and professional boundaries. It's killing me : I been waiting for this night forever and I'm up to my ash in references!
    But enough about me.
    Z10, baby,Z10 all the way!!!!!!!!!!
    (i'm half-blind - I need the screen! )

#BB10Believe
    #BB10Believe
    (sounded so nice
    I had to say it twice!
    Bring it out already rim. You are testing my patience now lol
    01-30-13 05:48 AM
    IMAGINE;

The Z10 looks NOTHING like the leaks we've seen...

What then o_O
    01-30-13 05:48 AM
    thanks for the welcome aboard... its amazing how much love and anticipation is in this forum, and i am sure every Blackberry forum out there today...

side note, apple is releasing a 128GB Ipad, saw that on the news last night. funny how they timed the announcement to coincide with BB10. must be scared a little! LOL!
    01-30-13 05:49 AM
    Good morning!

Who's ready to rock and roll this morning??

Now that I'm in the BB10 pilot group at work (wouldn't take no for an answer!), just need a Z10 with a rocking new OS. Let's do this
    Gotta be a 32 gb version...

#BB10Believe
    IMAGINE;

What then o_O
    haha that won't happen, but that would be hilarious
    IMAGINE;

What then o_O
    I want it to look like what we have seen!!!

it looks awesome!!!
    Great way to wake up today... Winning a $25 accessory coupon for my new Z10. Thanks to the CrackBerry team. Just over 3hrs to go!! I can't wait!! I'll be calling Rogers as soon as the annoucement is made about availability! Have a good one everyone, off to work I go!
    Qaxl likes this.
    01-30-13 05:50 AM
    IMAGINE;

What then o_O
    I've thought about that many times. We'll find out soon enough.
    Good morning!

Who's ready to rock and roll this morning??

Now that I'm in the BB10 pilot group at work (wouldn't take no for an answer!), just need a Z10 with a rocking new OS. Let's do this
    READY 2 ROCK n ROLL 100%
    Great way to wake up today... Winning a $25 accessory coupon for my new Z10. Thanks to the CrackBerry team. Just over 3hrs to go!! I can't wait!! I'll be calling Rogers as soon as the annoucement is made about availability! Have a good one everyone, off to work I go!
    MY MAN.

welcome back

have fun at work
    Bold is having too much caffeine and is posting like crazy.
    And that's good. Keep going.
    01-30-13 05:51 AM
    Hey! I tend to be more of a browser than a contributor but couldn't resist posting on "BB10" day!

I'm quite a newbie to Blackberry compared to many on here - my first purchase being a Playbook in January - a few weeks after telling my g/f not to bother getting one, heard they were rubbish, can't do this, that or the other! How glad I found the Crackberry forum to edumacate me! Since buying the PB, I have fallen in LURVE with everything Blackberry - we have two phones in the house, I bought the g/f a Playbook for her birthday ... as the song goes... "I just can't get enough!"

I have been singing the praises of BB10 and the Z10 for many months within my office walls, an office stuffed with iSheep users that mock every sentence I utter about Blackberry and the new phones. They are just jealous and ignorant about what the future holds - I can't wait to show them! Don't get me wrong, I have had an iPhone before (and an Apple TV2) and yes, I was an iFan I guess (iGuess?!).... but I'd never go back!

The Z10 will be MY first BB phone (currently using Samsung SII) and I can't wait. Then it'll be a BB MusicGateway (any in the CB Store?) and then I am a fully paid-up member of the BlackBerry fraternity - I CAN'T WAIT!
    Easy-G likes this.
    **** alec saunders is up he just tweeted ***********
    SKIP THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ SOMETHING LONG:
    This is a post I made on my personal blog from 2012 entitled "2012: The CrackBerry Addict Defined: All About Me" going over how it is I rely on my BB so much. I thought i'd share it because, why not.
    It might be fun to share what kind of stuff you do now, and how you see doing it on BB10! Almost there....
    _________
    I have to take time once in a while to “write” some love for my BlackBerry, because one, it feels good, and two, it’s my blog. Now, I know BlackBerry 10 is coming and everything as any of us older (ab)users know is going to be completely blown away. I will likely end up coming into a BlackBerry 7 device long before a 10 just because I’m more likely to afford that before something spankin’ new. Still, this 9650 has never let me down so I have zero to be unsatisfied with.

Now, objective or anti-RIM, I get asked every great once in a while what the addiction is? A couple years or so have rolled by and I’m dedicated as ever. It *is* an addiction. I just wanted to share first what a real CrackBerry addiction entails, and secondly, what all I do exactly with my Qberry.

Addiction in and of itself is a unique concept when it comes to an electronic device. Equally if not more addictive to a certain breed of individual than the same biochemical addiction formed from stuff like cocaine. The sheer idea is either asanine and a joke to some, or mildly possible thru the eyes of others. In the case of one’s CrackBerry, it’s many things. Definitely mental, and I wonder if it can become biochemical as well. For the true addict, there is a serious emotional attachment. I often express this by one, calling my device by a nickname (in this case, the Qberry), but most importantly, by telling anyone and everyone it is my best friend and third appendage. If I wasn’t a bit of a loser when it comes to dating, I saw a shirt once a long time ago online that my girlfriend would have to wear that simply says “He’s on his BlackBerry more than he’s on me!” I um, would definitely put it down to make time for that but let’s move on. I always have my ‘Berry in reach, and I’m often doing “something” on it, namely reading things or doing things on the web. No, BlackBerry doesn’t have a reputation for a particularly good browser, but I think it’s perfectly functional because I don’t know of anything yet I’ve not been able to do and you have no idea just how much **** I log in to or do. Anyways, it’s always on my person. I cannot leave home without it, can’t even begin to fathom such. I have OEM only accessories, no third party garbage, and I keep several chargers. One in the vehicle, on in my toolbox at work, one in my bookbag, two in the house, etc. Also have an extra battery with me when I know I’m going to be gone for a while. I don’t know how else to explain the addiction factor. I can’t be apart from it. Since I use it to manage so many aspects of my life, this is some manner understandable.

So,
    In an age where iPhone and Android are kings of the hill, what would such a nerd be doing on a BlackBerry? What exactly do you do with a BlackBerry in 2012? Answer: everything I could need to. Well, I confess that I do not have a Twitter or Facebook. Don’t want them, have no use for them, so the BlackBerry’s social capabilities do not really apply. I don’t care about one app being better on another platform or etc. I don’t care that my device has a smaller screen than something else, I just know what I need. I am a typer, not a “tapper.” I can type between 50-60wpm on my Bold, and as much stuff as I’m into that matters. World-class data security is a nice little bonus too. The UI is laid out just for me, I can only explain it as fitting me like a hand in a glove. Now if I may, onto what I do. I’ll try to give you everything.

* Banking. I manage my bank account and also pay my bills thru my bank’s BlackBerry app.

* Checkbook Register/Ledger. I use an offline check book register app anytime I buy something or etc to keep track of my money so I know exactly what I have or where it went at all times. This includes a couple of auto recurring entries for bills that I have that come out automatically. This app is simply called “CheckBook” and it’s from a developer named Vimukti Technologies. Furthermore, the calculator app is a given.

* Calendar. Some people seem to take the idea of a damn good calendar less than serious. Because of how easy it is to input data, I never miss a birthday or other important date because it’ll pop up with the note I put in on that day and let me know about it. I sync with Live and keep an offline copy of my dates so I never have to worry about losing them. Very handy for never forgetting things like birthdays and etc.

* Internet. I read a lot of political and tech news sites and some music sites. I post in a couple forums with the exception of CrackBerry which I use their customized version of Tapatalk for. I log in to my company’s website so I can view my paystub, use certain company benefits, etc. I log into a couple sites for companies I pay bills to so I can see the exact amount due. Naturally, I do a lot of “surfing.” Reading things I have a particular interest in or funny stuff, or something I want to just look up and/or research. I also download and upload image files. I like having the ability, with zero complications, of being able to download any file type to my memory card to put on the PC later. I can extract zips and rars etc right on the device if I choose. Also, I must mention shopping. Amazon, Craigslist (buying and selling), eBay, other stuff. I actually trust shopping on those more on my BlackBerry than I do my old desktop.

* Email. Seems to me a lot of people I talk to don’t understand the difference between push and pull technology, they think it’s all push. In the case of BlackBerry, it is not directly connected to the web/world like any other platform. All data is highly encrypted and passed thru RIM’s NOC (Network Operations Center.) Once your email accounts are set up on a BlackBerry phone, your backend is always connected and when an email hits your email account, it is pulled and then sent (pushed) to the device. This is brilliant and mega-helpful because unlike Android and iPhone which have user set intervals in which the device itself connects to and checks your email account (and subsequently uses battery life), the leg work of connecting to and checking for emails in your accounts are handled by the NOC and the notification and following data are sent *to* the device. Instant notification, zero extra battery life being used by the process.

* Texting. Of course anyone can do this, but an advantage I like is BBM, for regular texting. I don’t have even one actual “BBM contact.” You can use the infamous BBM for texting anyone with normal old SMS, so their type of phone doesn’t matter. I like using the BBM client for standard texting just because it allows for logging. I can save and keep any conversation I want to, and even export it to email. Great for archiving particularly funny stuff friends send, or for blackmail

* Writing. This is exceedingly obvious but goes deeper. Every damn word on my blogs, sure.Forums, sure. But I also use Docs To Go because I like to *write*. I am presently trying my hand at writing a full-out fiction novel, I keep my own personal diary (wait, guys say “journal” right? Yeah.) I’m a freak like that I guess. The point is, as much as I love to just “write” things, I can lay back on the couch, lay in bed, or anywhere at any time whip out my ‘Berry and I’ve got a keyboard I am damn fast on, which so happens by the by to be the finest QWERTY in the mobile industry and is naturally a huge part of the RIM legacy.

* Shopping list. I use an app called Maratick to manage my shopping because my memory kinda sucks when it comes to where I don’t want to be any longer than I have to.

* Music. I have a 32gb class 4 card in the Qberry. I live and breathe music, and have a massive library with me at all times, right on my hip.

* Daddy’s memories. I do indeed have a finely organized photo library with pictures of my daughter’s whole life. From the year she was born up to right now. The keepers, the digital copies from portrait studios, etc. I’m pretty much an all digital guy, but I’ve had a couple prints made before, and the camera in this old 9650 may only be 3.2 megapixels, but that is sufficient for a nice clear 8�10, let alone anything smaller. I take videos from time to time that look acceptable enough for “home videos” when they are put on a blank DVD. It’s not crystal hi-def perfect by any stretch, but I grew up when home videos were on VHS tapes and ultra-****ty video cams. For preserving memories, it’s just fine. Again, I like having something so special, in it’s entirety, with me right on my hip.

* Locations. This might or might not fall under internet stuff, but I do occasionally make use of maps.

* Sports. Football to be specific, a born and bred Steelers man. I use Pro Football Insider to see scores, schedules and stats at the speed of right now. Helpful when I’m not able to see the game.

* Conservative talk radio. All thanks to the iHeartRadio app, I can listen to my guys whenever and wherever I want to.

* Voice recorder. Very useful.

* Flashlight. The flashlight app I use often at work for working on my machines.

* Alarm clock. A given. BlackBerry has a mode called “bedside mode” which you can program. I have a charging dock by my bed I can just drop the phone into and both charges and activates bedside mode, which in my case, deeply dims the screen and displays a clock (I chose an analog style clock.) Automatically silences the phone, disables the vibration and LED, thus it becomes an all around perfect alarm clock.

* Podcasts. The built-in podcast app makes tuning in a breeze. I occasionally listen to Leo at TWIT.

* Killing time. I play a couple games designed to kill a minute or two. Age Of Legends which is an MMORPG though I don’t take it to seriously. I also play Texas Hold ‘Em, Tetris, BrickBreaker, and I play with King Typist just to keep my typing speed fresh I suppose. I’m not a huge gamer as I used to be when I was a kid. I’ve always got something on my mind or something making me grab the ‘Berry and just ‘do’ something.

* Phone calls. Dead last on the list I do not have nor need a landline, so my ‘Berry is afterall my “home phone” and answering machine.

A couple things I’d like to throw out there; I like having full control over my filesystem (able to move, delete, rename and etc my files), I have genuine multi-tasking so I can hop between apps with zero complications, and I like that I can configure my firewall and various aspects of my data security. I also have two physical, one on each side of the device called a convenience key that I can program to instantly launch an app or do something I need it to do. In my case, the left one fires up the camera, the right one instantly kicks on my camera’s flash (a flashlight.) I’m also glad BlackBerry is among the smartphone platforms out there that have an option but do not require a special software client to be able to get data on and off the device. Yay USB mass storage!

So there you have it folks, the tale of a hopeless CrackBerry addict. I bet there’s something else I’m forgetting but this pretty much covers it, not to mention sharing some details of my personal life I suppose. To be personal, it is my best friend. To be technical, it is my computer. To be dead accurate, it’s my digital swiss army knife. I have zero need, want, or desire to switch to some other system. Addiction at it’s finest.
    –Q

*Posted via WordPress for BlackBerry*
    devchaube15 likes this.
    Up and ready for this amazing day! They are about to discuss RIM on CP24 in Toronto and then I'm off to my day of meetings. My PB will help me to keep track of the info while I'm stuck in those meetings.
    01-30-13 05:52 AM
    Hey! I tend to be more of a browser than a contributor but couldn't resist posting on "BB10" day!

I'm quite a newbie to Blackberry compared to many on here - my first purchase being a Playbook in January - a few weeks after telling my g/f not to bother getting one, heard they were rubbish, can't do this, that or the other! How glad I found the Crackberry forum to edumacate me! Since buying the PB, I have fallen in LURVE with everything Blackberry - we have two phones in the house, I bought the g/f a Playbook for her birthday ... as the song goes... "I just can't get enough!"

I have been singing the praises of BB10 and the Z10 for many months within my office walls, an office stuffed with iSheep users that mock every sentence I utter about Blackberry and the new phones. They are just jealous and ignorant about what the future holds - I can't wait to show them! Don't get me wrong, I have had an iPhone before (and an Apple TV2) and yes, I was an iFan I guess (iGuess?!).... but I'd never go back!

The Z10 will be MY first BB phone (currently using Samsung SII) and I can't wait. Then it'll be a BB MusicGateway (any in the CB Store?) and then I am a fully paid-up member of the BlackBerry fraternity - I CAN'T WAIT!
    100% agree
    Gotta be a 32 gb version...

#BB10Believe
    There's an SD slot so it won't matter that much.
    thanks for the welcome aboard... its amazing how much love and anticipation is in this forum, and i am sure every Blackberry forum out there today...

side note, apple is releasing a 128GB Ipad, saw that on the news last night. funny how they timed the announcement to coincide with BB10. must be scared a little! LOL!
    Scared! He!! Everybody is tryin' to head us off at the pass - but we ain't takin' the pass - we comin' straight over the top of the mountain!!!!!!!!!!

#BB10Believe
    darylalbert likes this.
    People at work are going to give me a hard time, but I already have 2 people considering switching from their iPhone 4

I don't want to be the only one in my company still clutching a BlackBerry
    01-30-13 05:53 AM
    Bold is having too much caffeine and is posting like crazy.
    And that's good. Keep going.
    i am going to collapse to bed once launch is over.
    Qaxl, tinysalmon and Toodeurep like this.
    01-30-13 05:53 AM
3,512 ... 6263646566 ...