I just had an all out twitter fight with like 3 people about how BlackBerry 10 is better than iPhone 5! I feel so relieved now because I proved them wrong on every point they made

"iPhone's keep people stupid with their absurd simplicity." #BlackBerry10 & #Android are the way of the future!
    01-30-13 06:51 PM
    Lower supply = more demand
    Just being able to market (news release etc) that BlackBerry "Sold Out" of the Z10 in the first week would do wonders .... no matter ow many were available
    carlyincanada likes this.
    01-30-13 08:09 PM
    Should there be a separate waiting room for Sprint consumers or will this thread do for all US carriers?
    Kingkracker, mzceetee and wafa510 like this.
    01-30-13 08:17 PM
    I enjoyed the launch immensely. The phones look superb. I think they did a good job presenting the phones in the time they used. I'm not annoyed the Playbook wasn't mentioned; this was the day for BB10. We all know that BB10 is coming to the Playbook.

I'm annoyed I have to wait for Sprint to get the phones and I am even more annoyed I can't get a straight answer from them on whether they are carrying the Z10 as well. Their site is annoying as they only announce the Q10. The US carriers are still in approval mode. Blame them, not BlackBerry for March roll out.

I am even more annoyed by the snarky reviews by the media. They are incapable of (or flat out refuse to) looking at the devices in a straightforward light. Like them or hate them but don't pepper the review with snark and ridicule of RIM BlackBerry's past. The past is the past. End of story. The company has pulled itself up and produced new and fantastic stuff. No gadget at launch has had the amount of apps available. Not one. What cracks me up is that now the Windows phone is grouped together with the Apple and Androids as if the apps are spectacular and numerous and the device is divine. Just yesterday I was reading various articles on the Windows phone "failure".

Media - get over yourselves and move on. This is "His Girl Friday", the 1940 movie. The spin doctor plot can be overlaid to BlackBerry today.

These people need lithium. Or a beating.
    Last edited by Kingkracker; 01-30-13 at 09:14 PM.
    01-30-13 08:55 PM
    Please sign the petition to request sprint to carry the Z10 Petition Bring the Z10 To Sprint
    01-30-13 09:00 PM
    ^ do you need a petition to get something that is coming anyway and still quite possibly by Mar 1?
    01-30-13 09:03 PM
    It seems we will never close the waiting room for BlackBerry products.
    01-30-13 09:05 PM
    Signed, sealed and delivered!
    We'll be watching this thread and picking some random winners to reward with some nice BlackBerry and CrackBerry gifts!
    Just curios, did this happen? I really don't think I can go through all 138 pages to find out :P
    carlyincanada, CDM76 and Denenatse like this.
    I'm impressed with what I saw today and can't wait until I have Z10 soon. I agree with the post above from Kingkracker, even the Canadian media was critical almost bashing BlackBerry. Not one positive interview on tv ugh!

Thanks to Crackberry.com and everyone posting for all the info and updates
    Kingkracker likes this.
    01-30-13 09:11 PM
    Just curios, did this happen? I really don't think I can go through all 138 pages to find out :P
    There were some winners late last night...around page 49-50 I think lol. Hope they do more
    Denenatse likes this.
    01-30-13 09:14 PM
    Watching Ali Velshi and Erin Burnette on CNN give reviews on the Z10 was kind of funny. Looks like Blackberry had to pry their qwerty models from their hands to get them to test the Z10. They are hardcore BB users so they didn't have much negative to say other than that. I can't believe BBM and how it works within BB10 is not blowing up the media negativity.
    01-30-13 09:17 PM
    I'm impressed with what I saw today and can't wait until I have Z10 soon. I agree with the post above from Kingkracker, even the Canadian media was critical almost bashing BlackBerry. Not one positive interview on tv ugh!

Thanks to Crackberry.com and everyone posting for all the info and updates
    When was FIRST announced there were quite a few positive reviews on tv and online .... but now the bashing has started again.

I guess it is now up to US the BlackBerry fans and users. WE need to spread word of mouth about how great the phone is. WE need to show people this phone rocks. Tweet it, update it on FB and Pinterest. Word of mouth is going to make this a HUGE success, regardless of what reviewers say. WE need to make this happen people. Lets do it !
    01-30-13 09:22 PM
    Watching Ali Velshi and Erin Burnette on CNN give reviews on the Z10 was kind of funny. Looks like Blackberry had to pry their qwerty models from their hands to get them to test the Z10. They are hardcore BB users so they didn't have much negative to say other than that. I can't believe BBM and how it works within BB10 is not blowing up the media negativity.
    I agree with you. However "it's cool" to be pompous and negative in the media. BBM is superb - I can't believe the ability to share your screen via video chat! That is amazing. Or the multilingual keyboard. BUT NOOOO they can't say anything positive.

I think they (the media) need to watch (or read) the Road to Abilene and take notes on being a leader and not a follower.
    01-30-13 09:28 PM
    When was FIRST announced there were quite a few positive reviews on tv and online .... but now the bashing has started again.

I guess it is now up to US the BlackBerry fans and users. WE need to spread word of mouth about how great the phone is. WE need to show people this phone rocks. Tweet it, update it on FB and Pinterest. Word of mouth is going to make this a HUGE success, regardless of what reviewers say. WE need to make this happen people. Lets do it !
    I completely agree. I know 13 people with Playbooks (who love them..) because I became an evangelist when I got mine. Nothing beats the mighty show and tell and a bit of hands on.

Now where is my Z10 Sprint???!! I need to start my work.
    carlyincanada, mzceetee and CDM76 like this.
    01-30-13 09:33 PM
    Yeah, I see it like a new movie. The main event was only ok because we already saw all the good parts in the previews. The critics may or may not like the final show, but by word of mouth people will learn how amazing it is !!! I mean whole REALLY cares what movie critics say any ways ? ? ?
    01-30-13 09:48 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/index54.html For all that miss the announcement, PM's were sent to people who won stuff and again at 2000 post-ish.
    01-30-13 09:55 PM
    I have been posting on Facebook and Twitter all day and can't wait to show off to friends and family. I love the BlackBerry hub and Balance and it looks so smooth to use. I am loyal to BlackBerry and the others will be envious one day. The price point is great too as the other are over priced Imo.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-30-13 09:56 PM
    I just went to Telus.ca and wrote a positive review. Lets spread the news !!!
    01-30-13 10:09 PM
    I just about sold my phone today, then i found out we can't get it until the 5th on Rogers! lol
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-30-13 10:10 PM
    I'm ready for my Z10, lucky I only have to wait until next week! I can't wait to see all the marketing to now kick in to effect. I know the wait sucks for the US it also might build hype for the States, which could lead to more sales!
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-30-13 10:31 PM
    The current version of BlackBerry 10 OS that was introduced today will be THE WORST VERSION EVER. It's only going to get so much better than this. Think about it. As impressive as it is now, it's the starting point. That's what Heins said during the presentation... "This isn't the finish line. It's the starting line."
    The apps will come. The OS will be successful. Next year this time we're all going to look back at this and realize what an incredible journey is has been Embrace the drama and enjoy the technology!
    GREAT philosophy ! Never thought of it that way
    Denenatse likes this.
    01-30-13 11:07 PM
    "Launch day" is about over now we wait and hope, that the first rollout date swings wide open . . . .

interim, some more news coverage;
    CBC, the National - "Adrienne Arsenault: A behind-the-scenes look at BlackBerry's strategy "
    Adrienne Arsenault: A behind-the-scenes look at BlackBerry's strategy - Technology & Science - CBC News

CBC, the Current (radio) - but embedded within this webpage of 'copy', Rick Mercer doing a (37sec.) 'rant' ;
    BlackBerry: Reinvention & Canadian Pride | The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti | CBC Radio (siri referenced)

...were extracted from the (seemingly) main CBC online 'cover' story page,
    RIM changes name to BlackBerry as BB10 launches - Business - CBC News

nite !
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-30-13 11:13 PM
    The current version of BlackBerry 10 OS that was introduced today will be THE WORST VERSION EVER. It's only going to get better than this... much better.
    Well said, but what an excellent place to start!
    CDM76 and Kingkracker like this.
    01-30-13 11:15 PM
    Now lets see the accessories !!!
    Denenatse likes this.
    01-30-13 11:51 PM
3,512 ... 136137138139140 ...