Now more waiting ... for arrival of the Z10 !
    01-30-13 10:39 AM
    im back!!!!!!!
    Welcome back! LEGGO! LeGGO! LeGGO! Huh! LEGGO!!
    01-30-13 10:40 AM
    They also didnt hammer home that it used sd card. They said it in passing, but i think thats a huge plus
    There were a couple things I thought they could have mentioned a little bit more (or at all): SD card, Balance, the keyboard, new desktop manager, etc.

I did like the BBM demo though.
    01-30-13 10:40 AM
    Most of us knew the features that were announced, due to the many leaks and the fact that we are hardcore BB fans, however its still a completely NEW platform for others out there.
    01-30-13 10:41 AM
    I mostly agree. In that light, RIM (I mean BlackBerry) was successful.
    They stand a good shot at landing Skype and WhatsApp have some of the top game makers taking the platform seriously and now have a flagship device that compares admirably to the other devices that techies talk about.

The didn't go backwards.
    Tre Lawrence and CDM76 like this.
    01-30-13 10:42 AM
    Well, I would have liked to see worldwide availability tomorrow, but... Looks like they are rolling out to their loyal markets first.

The apps are amazing! 70k plus at launch?!? I'm excited to see the whole catalogue

I have a call in to my Bell rep, but then I saw Kevin's post about everyone in the room getting a Z10... I'm hitting the BB10 Experience Forum in Toronto on Monday... Will we feel the love too?!? Maybe she'll let me make a "tentative" reservation for Tuesday?
    01-30-13 10:42 AM
    but the problem is that by the time the average us consumer hears about this from a friend it goes viral the super bowl commercial will come out and generate more buzz. but it wont last till march...
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-30-13 10:43 AM
    01-30-13 10:44 AM
    US availability MARCH!! Ouch.

Glad to be in Canada. Free health care and Feb 5th launch of BB10.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    01-30-13 10:45 AM
    So... what's the over/under on how many "No Instagram or Netflix" threads that will pop up this week? I already count three...
    LOL, I'll have to put my ignore glasses on.
    01-30-13 10:46 AM
    US availability MARCH!! Ouch.

Glad to be in Canada. Free health care and Feb 5th launch of BB10.
    And no pennies!
    01-30-13 10:46 AM
    Seriously.....March......wow........
    revtech likes this.
    01-30-13 10:47 AM
    LOL, I'll have to put my ignore glasses on.
    LOL I hoped BB would come through, if only to put a halt to those threads. *sigh*
    01-30-13 10:49 AM
    Telus pre-order packages don't say whether or not BBM is included in the unlimited. Anyone know if it is included in the "Unlimited text, picture & video messages"?
    $70 Unlimited Talk & Text - 1 GB Share

$70 per month1
    Unlimited Local minutes
    1 GB10 of data in Canada
    Unlimited Nationwide Family Calling
    Unlimited text, picture & video messages
    Caller ID, Voice Mail 3, Call Waiting, Conference Calling
    Data is sharable with others on a share plan
    01-30-13 10:50 AM
    no really though is anyone seriously considering helping the us ones in the community out?
    01-30-13 10:51 AM
    So... what's the over/under on how many "No Instagram or Netflix" threads that will pop up this week? I already count three...
    I actually watched the live broadcast from the beginning to the end. It is very impressive. Definitely it's a reborn of Blackberry.

For those two apps you mentioned, I don't feel it's a big deal. The Blackberry Hub actually does better job then Instagram based on the demo. And for Netflix, thatl the Blackberry 10 will offer its own Media Store to allow user to access to music, movies and TV shows from dozens of major studios. Here are some of those studios: 20th Century Fox, Paramount Pictures and STUDIOCANAL, along with broadcasters including ABC Studios and Warner Bros.

If they priced it right, they could eat Netflix's lunch, or at least a considerable share of it.
    Last edited by yeek; 01-30-13 at 11:11 AM.
    01-30-13 10:52 AM
    I havn't heard any date for France. Do you have any information ?
    One_Cam likes this.
    01-30-13 10:52 AM
    Pricing in Canada $150 on 3 years, $650 no-term
    Rogers appears to be running a preorder promo for $139
    01-30-13 10:55 AM
    This it folks. We are now just 24 Hours away from the official kick off of the BlackBerry 10 Launch Event!!!!

We've been waiting and waiting and waiting. And the time is ALMOST here.

Talk amongst yourselves on this thread... post lots. What are you most looking forward to in BlackBerry? Which BlackBerry 10 phone are you going to buy? Talk about everything BlackBerry 10.

We'll be watching this thread and picking some random winners to reward with some nice BlackBerry and CrackBerry gifts!

The waiting is the hardest part... but we're almost done waiting!
    *echem*

You know what I'm waiting for

Seriously.....March......wow........
    ya like omg. what is that, like 30 odd days? end.... of... the... world...

:banghead:
    no really though is anyone seriously considering helping the us ones in the community out?
    lol
    Alicia Keys....a working mother/wife....wow, what a marketing plan. Everyone woman who wants to be a superwoman will buy BB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-30-13 10:56 AM
    the US are not blackberry lovers check marketshare media bashiing.Why did you think you would get the phone before or at the same time as the place where it actuall sales and does'nt have negative attachment.

Damn need app review I cant get mines till weekend sucks.
    01-30-13 10:57 AM
    GOT SOME (rather vague) INFO ON PLAYBOOK: BlackBerry CEO: PlayBook Update Coming, Vague on Future Tablet Plans - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

"BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins said Wednesday that the company is working on a software update that will update existing PlayBook tablets to the new BlackBerry 10 software."

"However, when it comes to future tablets, Heins said the company is trying to figure out a way to combine software and services since selling tablet hardware alone is a tough way to make money at the moment."

“We are looking for specific value added services on top of the tablet,” Heins said.
    01-30-13 10:58 AM
    I actually watched the live broadcast from the beginning to the end. It is very impressive. Definitely it's a reborn of Blackberry.

For those two apps you mentioned, I don't feel it's a big deal. The Blackberry Hub actually does better job then Instagram based on the demo. And for Netflix, thatl the Blackberry 10 will offer its own Media Store to allow user to access to music, movies and TV shows from dozens of major studios. If they priced it right, they could eat Netflix's lunch, or at least a considerable share of it.
    If I understand how the media store will work, it isn't buffet style, which is why Netflix is so popular. And better filter apps than Instagram have existed for quite some time; what makes Instagram so popular to its proponents is the social network.
    01-30-13 10:58 AM
3,512 ... 132133134135136 ...