Greetings!

I have a friend with a family has four BlackBerries (three Z30s and one Z10.) ...and I get a phone call every time one of their devices sneezes. Well, I received another late evening call....

The dad reports that on occasion his phone will ask for the password but will not accept it, most often when he is using BB Link. Thankfully he just stops and waits a while or if he can, waits until another day to try again. His wife as seen this two times, as well. Unfortunately, his daughter had this happen but didn't stop and her phone was wiped on the 10th attempt. (She was attempt to use BB Link on this occasion.)

Here are a few points:

• The first point is that I to say clearly that their passwords are easy to enter. This is not a case of a forgotten password. They are certain they are being entered correctly and yet the phone does not accept them. (Against my advice, they use the same password pattern too frequently but at least they are now recording them.)
    • Interestingly, they are in an area with terrible phone reception and terrible home Internet (768k DSL with spotty reliability.)
    • They also get "hit" with the BBM CPU usage bug (see Just checking in to see if there is a fix for BBM CPU usage peaking? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com ). I have read that it could be that a router or switch could be blocking BBM but I'm wondering if connection quality in point 2 could be another cause.

This is not a problem I am familiar with and have not had it happen to my Z30 and was wondering if others have seen it and perhaps would have any tips. I have not seen it myself at all and yet my password is rather complex, to put it mildly.

What troubles me is the correct password not being accepted and am therefore reaching out to the CB community to see if other have experienced the same ?

If it is BB Link related, I will advise them to copy the files directly. I'll have to teach them how to do this. Personally, I log into my Z30 as a shared network folder all the time to move files around.

Thanks in advance for any input. I'll be mentally compiling the responses so that I can deal with the family over the next few days and do some BB damage control on this end.

Cheers!
    06-05-15 11:54 PM
    I personally have not had that happened to me. But I rarely use Link. Only one suggestion if you have not already tried, connect the phone with an USB cable to test if the problem is Wifi related, per your suspicion.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 07:44 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

They are using USB to connect their phone to the computer. In fact, the father uses his office computer and I know that he don't have WiFi at all there.

Their Internet connectivity is what is terrible... really bad, both DSL and Verizon 3G (no LTE.)

But then, why would that not allow the phone to unlock... I'm still scratching my head with that one.

Cheers!
    06-10-15 01:37 PM