Bla1ze, it was my intention to clarify my wording, not debate political theory. I apologize, I suppose the day would inevitably come that I get my first semi-reprimand from a CB mod. Forgive me for the disruption good sir, not my finest quality, for the very few I have.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    01-05-14 08:41 AM
    Any kind of encryption can be decoded using the right of tools and resources. The difference most of the times is the ease of decoding and/or economical viability of such a decoding project.
    No.

The whole POINT of strong encryption is that it is SUPPOSED to be uncrackable under any reasonably imaginable scenario.

This is why the strongest form of commonly used encryption, even if attacked with the most powerful computing resources known to exist, STILL would theoretically take 100's or 1000's of years to crack.

Though agencies like the NSA are known to always be looking for "tricks" to bypass that. And oftentimes those tricks amount to avoiding cracking the encryption algorithm entirely, by using ie malware to compromise a system so there is no need to actually try to "break" the encryption itself. This is what I was referring-to earlier.
    01-05-14 05:10 PM
    It's BlackBerry founder that are in the forefront of quantum computer. University of Waterloo is where the technology is being developed. Waterloo is where BlackBerry is based. I don't rely on biased reporting out there.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 05:43 PM
    Here's one article I thought relevant.
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-0...-crime/5301256

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:40 AM
    Here's one article I thought relevant.
    http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-0...-crime/5301256

Thanks, interesting article.

Those are highly modified (including physical removal of camera and microphone) Blackberries, using an expensive annual service.

I am personally disinclined to jump on a bandwagon that law enforcement should have free access to anything they ever want on a smartphone. Articles like this are great for whipping up that kind of hysteria, but then again these were criminals apparently killing other criminals anyway.
    03-05-14 09:39 AM
    If that's true then you will never "grok" the concept. I equate that with liberal because liberals are the only people I know who willingly give up various personal freedoms and rights in exchange for the idea of something else, and even willingly vote for it. Liberal America is one where it's supposed to be OK for a government to dictate what it's ok for me to say or not say in public, what is and isn't ok to show on TV, what my kid can or can't read in school curriculum, etc etc.

So, to now directly clarify your question, it's not about "hates privacy", but the "I don't have anything to hide so why should I care" attitude, which I equate to not caring about privacy, as if the current government doesn't already have their hands deep enough into it anyway. You can resume rolling on the floor now my friend. I'm only glad my perception makes your day.

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    The Republican Administration under George W. Bush certainly hated privacy for anyone other than themselves. I do not think the Republican Party can be accused of being liberal.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-05-14 01:51 PM
    There's no need for NSA to crack anything. The backdoor for the NSA was always there by design. http://m.theglobeandmail.com/technol...service=mobile

Posted.
    03-05-14 07:35 PM
    Can the nsa spy on blackberry? Do you have to encrypt the phone first? I know encryption is an option in settings.

Posted via CB10
    How many people are doing anything on their devices the NSA is interested in? to tell you the truth I'm more worried about the information Google collects on me. But I'd be willing to bet if the NSA wants to snoop on you they can, no matter what device you use.
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    03-05-14 09:25 PM
    The Republican Administration under George W. Bush certainly hated privacy for anyone other than themselves. I do not think the Republican Party can be accused of being liberal.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Gee I'm glad we got a Democrat in their to protect our privacy :O. The US's Two Party System is designed to fool the public into thinking they have a choice, but nothing big ever really changes.
    p_r_a_g_m_a and Omnitech like this.
    03-05-14 09:30 PM
    Gee I'm glad we got a Democrat in their to protect our privacy :O. The US's Two Party System is designed to fool the public into thinking they have a choice, but nothing big ever really changes.
    If you really are interested in hiding everything from the NSA, you'd buy a cheap phone and make sure all calls only lasted a few seconds. in my opinion criminals use disposable phones and not high end smartphones. I mean, why pay $600 a time if you're going to use it twice then chuck it away. The NSA having access to all your information and location on a smartphone is a futile exercise as the real bad guys wouldn't use them. Well, I wouldn't if I wanted to commit a serious crime or series of crimes. I'd just have a drawer full of cheap phones and pay as you go sims across multiple carriers. Also, one time email addresses to stay elusive. If the NSA think that these people walk into a store and take out a contract on an iPhone, they are sorely mistaken.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    03-05-14 11:19 PM
    If you really are interested in hiding everything from the NSA, you'd buy a cheap phone and make sure all calls only lasted a few seconds. in my opinion criminals use disposable phones and not high end smartphones. I mean, why pay $600 a time if you're going to use it twice then chuck it away. The NSA having access to all your information and location on a smartphone is a futile exercise as the real bad guys wouldn't use them. Well, I wouldn't if I wanted to commit a serious crime or series of crimes. I'd just have a drawer full of cheap phones and pay as you go sims across multiple carriers. Also, one time email addresses to stay elusive. If the NSA think that these people walk into a store and take out a contract on an iPhone, they are sorely mistaken.

Those kinds of things might be effective if you are a petty drug dealer or a local thug.

The NSA is not going to be deterred by "one time email addresses" if you are a terrorist.
    03-06-14 01:25 AM
    Those kinds of things might be effective if you are a petty drug dealer or a local thug.

The NSA is not going to be deterred by "one time email addresses" if you are a terrorist.
    So you're saying that the NSA catches all the terrorists?

03-06-14 03:42 AM
    My grandfather fought against Hitler that's why!!!!!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1259
    Well said

03-06-14 03:43 AM
    So you're saying that the NSA catches all the terrorists?

Very interesting interpretation.
    03-06-14 04:24 AM
39 12