1. The peek gesture should show you the top of the root pane of the Hub, not what you were last looking at.
    2. Composing an email is done on a new home page pane, so you have [hub, compose, active frames, app icons] instead of [hub-with-compose-on-top, active frames, app icons]. This is so that I can swipe across to hunt through the hub for some old email that I want to refer to, or copy and paste something from, when composing the current email.
    3. Inobtrusive notifications webOS-style. It looks like 10.2 has this on the way already. All I have is the red light to know something has happened, but not *what* has happened. And if I "peek" then I don't know either, unless the last thing I happened to be doing in the Hub was looking at the top of the main hub feed (which is rare, so peek is useless).
    4. Last few notifications shown on the lock screen so that when I see the red light flashing and my phone is locked, I just tap the power button to see what it was, if I'm not interested I leave it and it has cleared the red light.
    5. If you're replying to a message in a thread you get some sort of notification that someone else has replied to it before you've managed to send, just like Gmail does. You then get the option of carrying on, or it copying what you've written so far, discards the message, composes a new one after the latest email that has arrived and you carry on.
    6. I'd like to be able to look at my starred/flagged items for a given inbox more easily. Currently I can tap on the top of the hub, expand the tree of accounts in my hub, look for my Gmail, expand, look for Starred, tap. Then sometimes it doesn't seem to work. I'm a Gmail priority inbox user and this is crucial to my workflow. Perhaps a separate section in the hub of starred items per account.

If I had all these things I'd be very happy and more productive. All I'd need then is Spotify, and a portrait QWERTY slider I love my Z10 but I miss the keyboard and the Q10 screen is too small. Basically what I want is a Pre3 with a BB keyboard and running BB10 with the above features added
    Rayysai likes this.
    07-17-13 06:24 AM
    1. The peek gesture should show you the top of the root pane of the Hub, not what you were last looking at. The purpose of peek is far more than just viewing your HUB messages. It can be used to peek back at a message while viewing the attachment, peeking back at your HUB while replying to a message to see any new notifications, peeking back WITHIN apps to the previous/main pages of the app, etc. The most common complaint I have seen about peek is related just to the HUB main interface, when there are so many additional uses.
    2. Composing an email is done on a new home page pane, so you have [hub, compose, active frames, app icons] instead of [hub-with-compose-on-top, active frames, app icons]. This is so that I can swipe across to hunt through the hub for some old email that I want to refer to, or copy and paste something from, when composing the current email. This could definitely work for some people
    3. Inobtrusive notifications webOS-style. It looks like 10.2 has this on the way already. All I have is the red light to know something has happened, but not *what* has happened. And if I "peek" then I don't know either, unless the last thing I happened to be doing in the Hub was looking at the top of the main hub feed (which is rare, so peek is useless). Check out Kris' video about the actionable notifications. These are coming along quite nicely.
    4. Last few notifications shown on the lock screen so that when I see the red light flashing and my phone is locked, I just tap the power button to see what it was, if I'm not interested I leave it and it has cleared the red light. Lock Screen notifications are supposed to be coming.
    5. If you're replying to a message in a thread you get some sort of notification that someone else has replied to it before you've managed to send, just like Gmail does. You then get the option of carrying on, or it copying what you've written so far, discards the message, composes a new one after the latest email that has arrived and you carry on. This would be a very nice feature to have, outlook does this too "You are not replying to the most recent message" etc
    6. I'd like to be able to look at my starred/flagged items for a given inbox more easily. Currently I can tap on the top of the hub, expand the tree of accounts in my hub, look for my Gmail, expand, look for Starred, tap. Then sometimes it doesn't seem to work. I'm a Gmail priority inbox user and this is crucial to my workflow. Perhaps a separate section in the hub of starred items per account. Priority inbox is coming, you will be able to set messages as priority by sender, or title, set conditions to automatically escalate to priority, etc

If I had all these things I'd be very happy and more productive. All I'd need then is Spotify, and a portrait QWERTY slider I love my Z10 but I miss the keyboard and the Q10 screen is too small. Basically what I want is a Pre3 with a BB keyboard and running BB10 with the above features added
    Replies in bold
    Rayysai and gastr like this.
    07-17-13 06:30 AM
    didn't know priority inbox was coming. i'm very happy.

good point that there is more to peek than my use case. but still, in that use case, not very useful for me personally. i do find it useful in most of the other situations you describe, though.
    07-17-13 07:03 AM
    didn't know priority inbox was coming. i'm very happy.

good point that there is more to peek than my use case. but still, in that use case, not very useful for me personally. i do find it useful in most of the other situations you describe, though.
    For the multitude of use cases available, I believe BlackBerry chose the correct one for peek. While it would be nice for it to assume (if it did so correctly) what your intentions are, ie going back to HUB main or staying within the last message, the downsides would be alot of upset users if it didnt assume correctly.
    07-17-13 07:06 AM
    i agree with most of those except #1 (for reasons stated already). Composing a new email in a separate view from the HUB seems to be a nice idea but i haven't though too much about its implications yet to be completely sold on it.
    07-17-13 09:19 AM
    Composing an email is done on a new home page pane, so you have [hub, compose, active frames, app icons] instead of [hub-with-compose-on-top, active frames, app icons]. This is so that I can swipe across to hunt through the hub for some old email that I want to refer to, or copy and paste something from, when composing the current email.
    I like this idea, which was implemented in webOS (compose being a separate "card") -- very handy for all the reasons listed by the OP.
    07-17-13 09:59 AM
    I think #1 is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. I believe it is the principal source of confusion for new users, and a principal time-waster for others. Actually, I'm not so concerned with "Peek" per se, but with the fact that there is no reliable consistent way to return to the consolidated inbox/Hub. I often end up swiping all over the place as a result. Example: Go to Hub/Email/execute a Search ... Now, go to Home (swipe up) and do something else. Now Peek. You see that search you left a while back. Useless. Even worse, inverted "L" swipe to get back to Hub. It lands you in that search you don't care about any more. So, you have to cancel that search (which on the Q10 requires a needless thumb stretch to reach the "cancel" button placed as far as possible from the keyboard). So, after three totally different gestures I'm finally back in the Hub. Blackberry needs a single consistent way of getting to the root of the Hub, not dropping me back to some forgotten task I have no interest in anymore.
    07-20-13 07:41 PM
    I think #1 is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. I believe it is the principal source of confusion for new users, and a principal time-waster for others. Actually, I'm not so concerned with "Peek" per se, but with the fact that there is no reliable consistent way to return to the consolidated inbox/Hub. I often end up swiping all over the place as a result. Example: Go to Hub/Email/execute a Search ... Now, go to Home (swipe up) and do something else. Now Peek. You see that search you left a while back. Useless. Even worse, inverted "L" swipe to get back to Hub. It lands you in that search you don't care about any more. So, you have to cancel that search (which on the Q10 requires a needless thumb stretch to reach the "cancel" button placed as far as possible from the keyboard). So, after three totally different gestures I'm finally back in the Hub. Blackberry needs a single consistent way of getting to the root of the Hub, not dropping me back to some forgotten task I have no interest in anymore.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 07:48 PM
    Here's my idea for the HUB.

When you return to the HUB, it should ALWAYS show you the main hub screen (with the list of all accounts) .

However, on the right, will be left edge of the LAST thing you were doing (e.g.: composing an email) in the HUB.

So if you want to do something new (like compose a NEW email), you can click on an email account in the HUB. However, if you want to resume what you were doing last (e.g.: resume writing the email you were working on before you went back to the home screen) , you can just tap right hand side of the HUB to bring slide it back into fullscreen.

There are a number of ways to handle the case where you return to the hub and want to compose a NEW email even though the last thing you were doing was already composing an email. The easiest solution would be to have the system automatically save the original email as a draft. This would allow you to resume writing it later without having the phone need to keep multiple instances of the email composition app open at the same time.

Hope that made sense!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:59 AM
    Led colors for contacts...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 10:00 AM